• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite Devil May Cry theme song?

What is your favorite Devil May Cry theme song?

• Total voters

XM.

Shall never surrender is the best but have you heard Bentley Jones's cover of this song in yt? Better even than original theme. Sorry for not putting the link here because of my account's limitations so just write "Devil's Cry (Shall Never Surrender) - Devil May Cry 4" on yt's search box and check first movie.
I highly recommend it.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Shall never surrender is the best but have you heard Bentley Jones's cover of this song in yt? Better even than original theme. Sorry for not putting the link here because of my account's limitations so just write "Devil's Cry (Shall Never Surrender) - Devil May Cry 4" on yt's search box and check first movie.
I highly recommend it.
I've seen it, but nothing beats the original for me.

Gbraga

Devils Never Cry and Never Surrender are both FANTASTIC. They both fit their game so well, it's just brilliant.

If I had to pick one I'd pick Devils Never Cry though. Never Surrender is definitely a song that I presonally like more, but Devils Never Cry is just a better theme song, it's so wonderfully composed and performed.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Devils Never Cry and Never Surrender are both FANTASTIC. They both fit their game so well, it's just brilliant.

If I had to pick one I'd pick Devils Never Cry though. Never Surrender is definitely a song that I presonally like more, but Devils Never Cry is just a better theme song, it's so wonderfully composed and performed.
I couldn't agree more, there is some cool boss songs aswell but Devils Never Cry and Never Surrender are the ones that really sticks in your head and fits so damn well in their respective games.

I personally prefer Shall Never Surrender more though.

BLACKSWIPE

For me it shall always be never surrender. Nothing beats hearing words of determination and strength.

What the song means to me:

"Get Back up and stop being a crybaby."

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Only song I liked in game, besides No Redemption is this:

But top favorite of all time is Devils Never Cry and Lock and Load.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
From the ones you listed, I'm torn between "Never Surrender" by Combichirst and "Devils Never Cry" from DMC3. "Shall Never Surrender" from DMC4 was okay, I don't really remember it as much as the other two listed. "Lock n' Load" I can't remember; so focused on the combat. The anime's theme is official called "D.M.C" by Takeshi Hama according to Wikipedia, good song that has a reference to "Devils Never Cry" which I think Combichrist and Noisia with "Tommy's Theme" (I think) have it too in their songs for DmC. Rock and gothic themes for "D.M.C.". The anime's ending theme is really nice too, it's called "I'll Be Your Home" by Rin Oikawa.

From DmC, I really like "Sent to Destroy" and "Mundus' Club Battle" or whatever it's called. But my favorite song out of the series has got the be Cerberus' theme called "Cerberus Battle" from DMC3. DMC4's "Out of Darkness" was really beautiful. DMC2 had the most forgettable soundtrack, did it even have one? :p Yay, bashing DMC2, a dead demon horse. DMC1 I only played once, like DMC2, so I can't really comment. For the anime, I absolutely love "Future in My Hands" by Aimee B.

Also, Shootie HG's work on DMC3 and I think DMC4 made it fun to listen to Final Fantasy XIII-2 soundtrack which he also worked on. XIII-2 really deviated to rock, heavy metal, and other genres of music which made it really interesting. But nothing compares to "Sazh's Theme" and songs associated to his theme, "Snow's Theme" and songs associated to his theme, "Sustained by Hate", I think?, and pretty much the rest of the soundtrack.

Yes, I'm a music junkie as much as I'm a video game and martial arts junkie.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Hey, BLACKSWIPE... I've got something to say before submitting my vote.
The song Never Surrender by Combichrist is not actually the main theme for DmC: Devil May Cry.
It's this.

No Redemption has become my most favorite Devil May Cry theme. Lyrics such "IT'S THE END OF THE LINE! THAT, CROSSED THE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!" screams like you're ready to kick as* and go guns blazing.

2nd is Clouds of War. I even love the guitar riffs.

3rd one is Empty which is also used in the Vergil fight; it's DmC Vergil's theme. Not to mention Vergil's theme from DMC3. Then Never Surrender because it fits more on the atmosphere of DmC with lyrics like "No more shame/No more pity/No more... WE RISE FROM THE ASHES!!". At first I like "Shall Never Surrender" and "Devils Never Cry" but Combichrist has a wide variety of songs and it puts a place in my heart.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I do actually have to give props to the main theme song of dmc4, I do love it a lot. But I will say the DmC soundtrack is MUCH better overall and has way more variety Never surrender is a close second

MaximumLobsters

So i don't know if it counts, but ONE OK ROCK's Nothing Helps that was a trailer song fro DmC? I've known about OOK for awhile and when they put out their new single, through that trailer i fell in love again :D

BLACKSWIPE

Only song I liked in game, besides No Redemption is this:

But top favorite of all time is Devils Never Cry and Lock and Load.

My god. My god, I've destroyed the poll and made it inaccurate...
Thanks for pointing out that error, gah why did I listen to the google search...

Top Bottom