• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorit fighting style for Dante?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Most of the time i use Swordmaster, but since DMC 4 allows to change styles, Trickters -> Lucifer -> Swordmaster combo

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Swordmaster and Doppelganger. If you mean in both games, then Swordmaster. Nothing beats Dance Macabre! :D

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah? Rising dragon wants to have a talk with you.

Trickster and Swordmaster, in DMC3, it was Trickster. Since then I used Swordmaster with Lucifer and Gilgamesh almost all the time and sometimes I put in some Darkslayer.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh yeah, I forgot about Rising Dragon... "Catch this! RISING DRAGON!" And who can forget Volcano? "GO TO HELL!" Dante has some sweet lines using Beowulf. :D

Sparda™

Dante has the lines, but I love the fight sounds Vergil makes with Beowulf, and of course - Lunar Phase, Falling Star and Rising Sun. ;)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Dante...with...FAAAAALCON PUUUUNCH! -explosions- -evil guy screamin "DAAAAMN YOU!"- -insert nerdy kid with glasses and TV here-

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
In all honesty though, I use Dark Slayer in DMC4 for one simple reason. Spamming between hitting once or twice with Rebellion, then hitting once or twice with Yamato creates for a deadly combo.

Ex. with XBox Controller...
Y,Y,B,B,Y,Y,B,B
or Y,B,Y,B,Y,B etc...
just so long as you never tap either button more than twice in a row, Dante will never pause in between attacks, so most monsters will get stunned and have no chance to attack back. It is...to say the least...effective.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
My favorite would be the Trickster style. It's gotten me out of more than a hundred tight spots. I won't mention Quicksilver at all, because it kind of reduces the fun.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
I've gotta say, from what I've played of Devil May Cry (And I've only played the third...for now...) I'm very fond of the Gunslinger style. It's just awesome man.

Lady Nevan

I love Swordmaster. I think it shows Dante's real face =D
*killing is my business and business is good* says dante :D

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Royal Guard is my definite choice. It might not be a flashy as Trickster, Swordmaster, or Gunslinger, but It is definately more strategic and potentially more powerful than the others.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
HQQR - Solid;210732 said:
Royal Guard is my definite choice. It might not be a flashy as Trickster, Swordmaster, or Gunslinger, but It is definately more strategic and potentially more powerful than the others.

i whould probalby agree with you if i was a little better at using it. its a usefull thing to have but i've never been good at defenseive tactics in video games. i need to practice my timeing before i can use it. once i manage that i will probably use it alot.

i also need to practice swiching styles.

Meg

darkslayer13;210752 said:
i whould probalby agree with you if i was a little better at using it. its a usefull thing to have but i've never been good at defenseive tactics in video games. i need to practice my timeing before i can use it. once i manage that i will probably use it alot.

i also need to practice swiching styles.

you should do what i did and practice a whole lot with it in bloody palace. i for one love royal guard. it does take time though, but the results are great.

BTW, does anyone remember screen shots showing royal guard as a martial arts style? why'd they change it at the last minute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom