• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is up with the Vergil fanbase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Why do Vergil fanboys act as though Vergil is the shiit? They act as though Vergil single handedly made DMC and that the entire DMC universe revolves around Vergil and Vergil alone. By their statements, you'd think that you was playing with Vergil instead of Dante in DMC1 and 3. They act as though Vergil is god's gift to video games. But the thing that gets me about MOST (not all) of the Vergil fanboys, is that they diss Nero, and feel that Nero usurped Vergil's importance. What they dont realize is that Vergil lost his major importance after 3. I like Vergil (not as much as Nero) but fanboys.......get off his sackboy dammit! HE DOES NOT DEFINE DMC!!!

Sparda™

^ I believe you're somewhat wrong about that statement of yours.

Vergil is Dante's twin brother. Of course he's an important part of the storyline. The fact Capcom didn't use that at full power, doesn't mean he's just a boss you fight to get the other mission like Bael & Dagon or Echidna.(Berial had some sort of story at least.)

Fanboys can be everyone. When you go off the limits, you act like a fanboy, so the term doesn't actually adapt.

The fact is, Vergil created a massive fanbase, which is highly likely to be twice as bigger as Nero's and challenging that of Dante. What is highly likely else, is that inevitably, he'll be part of the next Devil May Cry.

Nero is a new character, and as such, mixed reviews are to be expected - positive or negative should they be.

It's from this mixed reviews that game designers and lead producers determine whether to ditch off the character or evolve him, and Vergil is still on the evolution phase.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Expect this thread to turn into an arguement. Vergil played a major role in DMC3 and DMC1; not to mention the manga. Vergil reminds me of Sephiroth from FF, he appeared in one game and everyone went mad on him. Vergil is ok, but I don't see anything major to like. Nero is fresh new, and could bring more to the story, so yeah, I'm with Nero.
However, Vergils persona is only an antagonist role; and he won't suddenly change to kiss Dante's backside and become goody-two-shoes. They could use Vergil in 1-2 other games; even then, it's dragging him out more than he should be.

Esura

I never said Vergil didnt have any importance in DMC, I just said that his importance is minimum after 3. DMC1 and 3 were Vergil's major important roles.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, hundreds of thousands of fans can't be wrong now can they? Vergil's a great character, he's got something people can relate to, through the story it's pretty much a given that he wanted power to protect people, his family, whatever, and that's something people can actually relate to, wanting to protect those they love.

That coupled with Vergil's sheer badassness makes a damn fine character, now, I myself do not hate Nero, I don't think he detracted from Vergil's importance at all, but, and this is a big one, Vergil has not lost importance, there's still a lot to be said for his story, why he became the way he did, what happened after the events of DMC 1, what happened before the events of DMC 3, and what about before or during DMC 4?

Some say he's dead, many more belief otherwise, because there's no evidence to suggest that, even though Dante beat him, he didn't physically die, and there's still a lot Capcom can do with him...

*Checks to see if Miss-Vergil is around...*

Right, good, I'm safe, Vergil is NOT god's gift to video game characters, I will admit, as much as I love him, he's not the greatest character ever, there are many who are better, but there's no denying the huge fanbase and how many people love him, it may be difficult to understand...But I don't know how I can say it any clearer.

Sparda™

^^ Everyone has his opinion on the matter, but saying that the twin brother of Dante is being dragged as character is such a pointless statement, no offense intended.

In Devil May Cry 3 and 1, we just see bits and the Manga just reveals the missing parts of his chain, but nothing to visualize on.

None mentioned turning Vergil into a good guy, but he could play anti-heroic roles or even a double role - hero and antagonist - there are so many things to choose as he's mostly an unexplored character.

To Dark Esura: Devil May Cry 3 and 1 are the best games of the series so far. Devil May Cry 2 is, well, dark and Devil May Cry 4 a mix of flash and expensive graphics with a Hollywood action movie-like storyline, meaning the story parts are underrated.

Sparda™

Vergil's fan-base never really hyped out. His character needs to be explored in the deepest parts of his continent. ^_^

Esura

Dante Aseroth;116533 said:
Vergil's fan-base never really hyped out. His character needs to be explored in the deepest parts of his continent. ^_^

Vergil doesnt need to be explored, and I doubt he will. Capcom will probably use Vergil as a mere plot device in DMC5 to futher Nero's and Dante's story. I also have a feeling that they didnt want to use Vergil alot anyways but the fanboys......omg there so many of them. These Vergil fanboys are making my respect and luv for Vergil diminish more and more.

Sparda™

Dark Esura;116537 said:
Vergil doesnt need to be explored, and I doubt he will. Capcom will probably use Vergil as a mere plot device in DMC5 to futher Nero's and Dante's story. I also have a feeling that they didnt want to use Vergil alot anyways but the fanboys......omg there so many of them. These Vergil fanboys are making my respect and luv for Vergil diminish more and more.

Wait, you're contradicting yourself.

You praised Angelo Credo's arguments with a rep, and know you're saying Vergil doesn't exploration and further more, you add that he's just a minor character.

You want It or not, Vergil is more important than Nero. It's not because I like so, but because It is so.

Nero hasn't even been confirmed as highly liked or highly disliked, so Capcom still needs to decide on that.

Vergil is a character which had not much of a storyline presented at us, and that's why he needs to come back and have all the missing parts of his path revealed.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Capcom initially in all probability didn’t propose to use Vergil outside DMC1; since DMC3 and all the ‘coolness’ and clash of siblings; he’s established a fanbase, and that fanbase is what’s keeping him animate. If they had much intent of using Vergil, they should have slapped him into DMC4and made another enmity between them both. Kobayashi said in an interview if enough demand was made; he ‘may’ return. Nero was used instead to initiate an additional story for newcomers.
We identify Dante and Vergil were twins, which came from the same mother; alienated at an adolescent age and took discrete names to evade demons seizing them. Vergil gave hints to why he's irate and vindictive within the plot, the DMC3 manga is basically about Vergil aswel before the events of DMC3 happened. DMC3:SE dedicated to Vergil. Not to mention preceding we had DMC1 and knew what happened to Vergil with Nelo Angelo. It’s a big chuck to visualize and a relatively good backdrop. Unless he's some re-occuring villian like Gannondorf which is slightly cliché, I wouldn't particulary enjoy it. However, Yamato appeared and a particular line which may have been said by Vergil; is showing his familiarity for DMC5.
As for Nero; it's a love/hate thing. Reading reviews, viewing polls he's liked considerably; however there's a large chunk that aren't too pleased. He's got no information, a walking question mark with a whole new era to open in the DMC universe. His main problem being no one know's anything. To be frank; alot of the Vergil love comes from his appearance; which is highly irratating, but seems to be the gaming world.

Sparda™

That's just in general points, obvious to us all.

I want to know more. Fans want to know more. We know a lot about Dante, but nothing about Vergil.

Let alone Sparda, who's the most mysterious character of the Devil May Cry saga.

Vergil 'will' return. The fan-base is high and the demand is higher.

About the love thing on Vergil, Nero has his weapon. It's obvious people want more Vergil in Devil May Cry.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I want to know more. Fans want to know more. We know a lot about Dante, but nothing about Vergil.
They were facts. Facts that are basically quite a bigish biography had I typed every single note about Vergil. All we don't know is what happened after Nelo Angelo was destroyed.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;116542 said:
They were facts. Facts that are basically quite a bigish biography had I typed every single note about Vergil. All we don't know is what happened after Nelo Angelo was destroyed.

In fact...NO!

We don't know the parts after Sparda's leaving and Eva's death, which also counts for Dante as well. The parts after Devil May Cry 3 are unknown. We just know he was corrupted, which is unsatisfying.

Also, we don't know after DMC1 and on.

There are three major plot holes on Vergil.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante Aseroth;116543 said:
In fact...NO!

We don't know the parts after Sparda's leaving and Eva's death, which also counts for Dante as well. The parts after Devil May Cry 3 are unknown. We just know he was corrupted, which is unsatisfying.

Also, we don't know after DMC1 and on.

There are three major plot holes on Vergil.
Sparda is to do with the entire plot within DMC; his death or dissapearance evolves around everyone. Eva died protecting Dante and Vergil; which is why Vergil had the desire to protect and gain power from guilt, and Dante to protect. Mundus turned Vergil into Nelo Angelo, placing his soul into the body which was trapped until it could be released. He was ranked highly in the demon realm much like Sparda before turning against him. DMC5 should tell us what happened.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;116544 said:
Sparda is to do with the entire plot within DMC; his death or dissapearance evolves around everyone. Eva died protecting Dante and Vergil; which is why Vergil had the desire to protect and gain power from guilt, and Dante to protect. Mundus turned Vergil into Nelo Angelo, placing his soul into the body which was trapped until it could be released. He was ranked highly in the demon realm much like Sparda before turning against him. DMC5 should tell us what happened.

I'm aware of such facts, as all Devil May Cry fans are. The storyline, the development, details please.

And Devil May Cry 5?!

We don't know which direction will take.

Sparda is unknown. As far as I know, he could be related to every particle of the universe.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante Aseroth;116545 said:
I'm aware of such facts, as all Devil May Cry fans are. The storyline, the development, details please.

And Devil May Cry 5?!

We don't know which direction will take.

Sparda is unknown. As far as I know, he could be related to every particle of the universe.

Then I just answered 2 of your 'major' plotholes which were basically filled and didn't need coverage. DMC5, I never said anything where it'll lead, but since Nero has connection to Vergil, it'll tell the story after Nelo's dissapearance.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;116547 said:
Then I just answered 2 of your 'major' plotholes which were basically filled and didn't need coverage. DMC5, I never said anything where it'll lead, but since Nero has connection to Vergil, it'll tell the story after Nelo's dissapearance.

Can you people stop saying Nero is related to Vergil?!

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
bjmj5.png

How can you say they aren't? I don't particulary want them to be; but there's some evidence they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom