• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is the correct timeline in DMC history?

Revolver446

DMC1 The Novel (The first)
DMC1 (Videogame)
DMC2 (Videogame)

I think that this is the canonical history, because it was directed by Hideki Kamiya, i'm not sure about DMC2 btw

^ Is this correct?

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
DMC1 The Novel (The first)
DMC1 (Videogame)
DMC2 (Videogame)

I think that this is the canonical history, because it was directed by Hideki Kamiya, i'm not sure about DMC2 btw

^ Is this correct?

DMC3
DMC1
DMC4
DMC2

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Going by canon and non-canon material:

DMC3 manga
DMC3
DMC1
DMC Anime
DMC4
DMC2 novel
DMC2
SMT: Nocturne

I think this is right but correct me if you disagree.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
That's right, it's:
DMC3 - DMC1 - DMC4 - DMC2.

DMC2 is set after DMC4, but really, Capcom doesn't want to acknowledge its plotline.

And, just to set things straight for the stubborn ones, DmC is not part of the series, and is set in an alternate universe, as was officially stated.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That's right, it's:
DMC3 - DMC1 - DMC4 - DMC2.

DMC2 is set after DMC4, but really, Capcom doesn't want to acknowledge its plotline.

And, just to set things straight for the stubborn ones, DmC is not part of the series, and is set in an alternate universe, as was officially stated.
True, but the way it ended and how everything is set up with it, it really does feel like a prequel to DMC3. (minus the Nephilim, Mundus, and other things)

seraphmaycry

According to wikipedia, it goes;
The chronological order of the Devil May Cry series does not follow the release order of the games. The first game in the timeline is Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening followed by Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2 and then Devil May Cry 4. The anime series is set sometime between Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 2
But that's just what wiki says.

wiki failed on the anime if the anime was set between 1 and 2 then lady would not have had her signature scar. it healed in dmc4 which is before 2 so it has to be at least after the events of dmc1 meaning the anime is somewhere between 1 and 4 not 1 and 2. (also lady looks very diffferent in dmc4 and is rendered as just a peice of fanservice so theres that too) there are a few other things that make that idea a fail too such as nero not being there.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
wiki failed on the anime if the anime was set between 1 and 2 then lady would not have had her signature scar. it healed in dmc4 which is before 2 so it has to be at least after the events of dmc1 meaning the anime is somewhere between 1 and 4 not 1 and 2. (also lady looks very diffferent in dmc4 and is rendered as just a peice of fanservice so theres that too) there are a few other things that make that idea a fail too such as nero not being there.
But like you said DMC4 takes place after 1 and before 2, so the anime could just take place maybe a year after 1 and before 4. Ladies scars could have healed sometime afterwards before the events of DMC4. That way it would still be technically before 2 and after 1. It would also explain why he is wearing his DMC1 garments still.

Also one thing to remember is the DMC anime was created back in June 2007. While DMC4 was announced back in March of that same year, Nero's addition probably wasn't completely thought out before they finalized the anime and thus didn't make his debut appearance until 2008. The fact he wasn't in the anime isn't really the fault of the creators because he might have still been in the beta stage for all we know.

seraphmaycry

But like you said DMC4 takes place after 1 and before 2, so the anime could just take place maybe a year after 1 and before 4. Ladies scars could have healed sometime afterwards before the events of DMC4. That way it would still be technically before 2 and after 1. It would also explain why he is wearing his DMC1 garments still.

Also one thing to remember is the DMC anime was created back in June 2007. While DMC4 was announced back in March of that same year, Nero's addition probably wasn't completely thought out before they finalized the anime and thus didn't make his debut appearance until 2008. The fact he wasn't in the anime isn't really the fault of the creators because he might have still been in the beta stage for all we know.

i know nero was not in there for that reason but i am saying since nero did not exist the to the charcaters of the DMC universe at that point and he was never mentioned once

Top Bottom