• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if Dante falls in love in DMC 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampi

Freddy777;271971 said:
And so what if my ideas seem far fetched to you. Everyone has there own opinions and you should respect that.
But, I don't understand you? You say that Capcom has perty much ruined the series, yet you talk as if the game has to be "purified", kept within the strict confines of its themes, motifs, ideas. Is it ruined or not?

Of course ideas have to fit in the theme of DMC. Cause if not, the game will lose its identity. You might as well have either Dante or Vergil fight evil twin Sea Otters.

You have to keep within the confines of the game, cause if not, its no longer DMC its another game. That's the problem DMC 2 and DMC 4 have. They tried so much to implement sumthing new that they lost what makes DMC unique.

DMC 4 story pretty much ruin, though not totally, the whole history of DMC along with Vergil's reputation as a self-loathing half breed cause he has mommy issues.

Anyway, if you want to keep on spouting all this stuff about Dante or Vergil falling in love with Lady, Trish, Lucia or Princess Peach or whatever floozy Capcom puts in the game, go ahead. But do know that this is stuff that mostly is widely read in Mary Sue fan fictions. You might as well join that club since you have all the qualities of one. I'm not saying its bad, but you shouldn't totally shun it either.

Besides, Dante and Vergil would make the worst boyfriends ever. They have more baggage then an airport.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vampi;272038 said:
Besides, Dante and Vergil would make the worst boyfriends ever. They have more baggage then an airport.

I think that's a valid point. It made me :lol: big time, but it's true.

@Freddy: You need to keep in mind the type of character Dante is. He's childish, lazy, annoying, rude/condescending, vain, he's got a never-ending cue of debts,and he lives like a pig. He's got all the qualities that would make any sane woman think twice before looking at him in a romantic light. If Trish or Lady were to hook up with Dante, they would have done so in DMC4.

Freddy777

Heavens declare His Glory
I agree with you Vampi, that DMC should not lose its identity or anything that makes it so uniquely DMC.

And I can understand why some people might not like this topic since DMC 2 and DMC 4 took a different approach and were not so successful at it.

But I want everyone to understand that the things I put forth are not things that I am advocating SHOULD, or MUST, or HAS to be in the game. I'm only saying that since it COULD happen, maybe it could go this way or that way. Now just b/c Capcom wasn't successful at this "love" relationship the first time in DMC 4, doesn't mean they won't be successful the next time they try it with Dante.
But I admit, that they probably won't do it a second time. That is why this is just a "What if" topic.

Also, ever since I got here, I seem to have been misunderstood. Simply b/c I posted some not so normal threads and some sexy pictures of girls and some cool pictures of angels, I'm automatically labeled some fan fic and romance loving guy. I wouldn't even know how to make a fan fiction story. I am new to all this forum thing and fan fic stuff.

And I totally agree with you Chloe_Ryder,
Dante would be the worst boyfriend ever. The anime series showed just how bad Dante really is. Although, if Vergil was more of a good guy I think he could probably be a decent guy for a girl.

Zany Blac

Chloe_Ryder;272044 said:
I think that's a valid point. It made me :lol: big time, but it's true.

@Freddy: You need to keep in mind the type of character Dante is. He's childish, lazy, annoying, rude/condescending, vain, he's got a never-ending cue of debts,and he lives like a pig. He's got all the qualities that would make any sane woman think twice before looking at him in a romantic light. If Trish or Lady were to hook up with Dante, they would have done so in DMC4.

Ummm Clair... I thought we were'nt gonna tell anyone how i really am in real life...

Oh you meant Dante!

Well then, Neva Mind...

First of all... what chloe_ryder said.

And Second...

Love and dmc are like oil and water

KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Was living proof,

But anything, if done tastefully can be accepted, All DMC 4 accomplished in that area was well...

KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

You get the picture, but it does not neccesarily have to be a Mr and Mrs Smith angle, i mean Dante has already shown he is capable of love.

I Should have been the one to fill ur dark soul with Liiiiight!
(Seriously??? Capcom?)

I'm talking about the love he has for his mother, Dante is obviously holding alot of things inside and i dont think i need to mention them.

Doctor Patient confidentiality and all.

If Dante is to ever fall in love it wudnt be mushy tea having cuddling and looking into each others eyes. It wud be how can i put this...

A Devilish Tango with guns and roses along with a partner matching Dantes every move.

'Lets Dance The Go Go Baby'

Her name is... Bayonetta.

So there you have it, Dante will fall in love if and only if Bayonetta makes it into the gsme.

The chances of that happening are well...

You get the picture.

And for good measure...

KYRIEEEEEEEE!!!

I just like saying that :)

moseslmpg

Fred, stop equivocating. Stop hiding behind your buzzword of "possibility" to remove the responsibility of backing up the ideas you support. Literally anything COULD happen, but that doesn't mean you or anyone else should make threads about "What If Dante was a gerbil in the next game?"

You ask a question about what if something happened, then you get all huffy if someone gives the wrong answer. You defend the position you secretly espouse in your question. And then when someone calls you out on it, you say that you're just throwing possibilities out there and you don't have a position. It is intellectually irresponsible and dishonest.

So answer me this question: Do you think what you're suggesting should happen in DMC? If not, why are you even asking a question that has no value to anyone and sowing discord?

And FYI, the reason people are suggesting fanfic is because they don't want your hypothetical situations in the main series. This kind of tripe belongs separate, in someone's mind or on paper, where it can't infect the actual series. It is a nice way of saying "your idea is fine (or less than fine), but it isn't for DMC."

Freddy777

So esentially your saying "I don't like your ideas, so shut up and go somewhere else, that way you can't contaminate MY DMC"

I am not decieving or lieing to anyone. And I do have things to support my ideas.
Dante's mention of a "son" in DMC 1, the many encounters b/w Dante and Lady. And while there may have not been any sign of romance b/w them, it sure was suggestive of it, especially in the library cutscenes.

And let me make it clear, these events are NOT proof that there is something going on b/w them. They are simply clues that there could be something. That is why I defend my ideas, not b/c they must be true, but b/c it could be true.

And the only ones I'm responding to are the ones that are rude and try to make things personal, like you moses.

And you are one to talk. The reason why you were temporarliy banned was b/c you were sowing discord yourself.

Look at my posts and you'll see that I never tried to drive anything down anyones throat nor did I ever insult anyone.
That was you moses. So don't be a hypocrite and tell me that I'm sowing discord when you yourself are doing it.

moseslmpg

Freddy777;272389 said:
So esentially your saying "I don't like your ideas, so shut up and go somewhere else, that way you can't contaminate MY DMC"
No, I'm saying, in answer to your question "But, I'm curious as to what people would think if Dante actually fell in love in the game series.
Is it a good or bad idea?" I don't like this idea, and I explained why it is a bad idea for the series. Then I'm saying if you like the idea, pursue it in some other medium, like fanfics, rather than getting all huffy when someone disagrees with it.
I am not decieving or lieing to anyone. And I do have things to support my ideas.
Dante's mention of a "son" in DMC 1, the many encounters b/w Dante and Lady. And while there may have not been any sign of romance b/w them, it sure was suggestive of it, especially in the library cutscenes.
Your dishonesty lies in you putting forth things as hypothetical questions, but you actually secretly taking one position and arguing against people who disagree with those ideas. And btw, none of that supports anything you are saying.
And let me make it clear, these events are NOT proof that there is something going on b/w them. They are simply clues that there could be something. That is why I defend my ideas, not b/c they must be true, but b/c it could be true.
I know they aren't proof. The thing is, they aren't even clues. You can bring any single male and female on earth together in one room and concoct a similar love story for them, but that doesn't mean it makes sense. Love stories just dont make sense in certain genres and series.

And again, literally anything could be true. That doesn't mean there should be a thread for every single possibility in existence for the series.
And the only ones I'm responding to are the ones that are rude and try to make things personal, like you moses.

And you are one to talk. The reason why you were temporarliy banned was b/c you were sowing discord yourself.
I'm not being rude at all to you. I'm hardly arguing with you, because it seems like you don't want to hear anything that contradicts your "possibilities." And there is nothing personal going on here. I disagree with your idea and I find the way you pose your questions misleading and dishonest. I don't really know or care about who you are as a person because it is irrelevant to the topic. (BTW, don't bring up private issues you don't know anything about.)
Look at my posts and you'll see that I never tried to drive anything down anyones throat nor did I ever insult anyone.
That was you moses. So don't be a hypocrite and tell me that I'm sowing discord when you yourself are doing it.
I have been looking at your posts, that's why I'm talking to you. I have insulted no one in this thread. I gave my opinion just as others did, others who disagreed just as emphatically as I did. In fact, you were the one that was trying to convince me (driving it down my throat) that DMC was already a love story in the first place, and I disagreed with that (as one should, since it is wrong). And you took offense to that, immediately removed yourself from your position, and accused me of having an attitude. If you are going to put forth a proposition, you should be ready to defend it without accusing people of being mean for disagreeing with you.

Again, I think you are projecting yourself. Perhaps I gave you too much credit with the "sowing discord" though. It is just frustrating that you refuse to take responsibility for your ideas.

Freddy777

That's fine moses, agree to disagree.

I don't want to make this personal either, so let's get back on topic.

Anyone else have ideas, opinions?

NintenDUDE

̄ω ̄
I think that the only person in the Devil May Cry story who could maintain, for that matter even bare, falling in love would be Nero, whom has already done so. Dante falling in love, is something I don't see happening. Besides, he's always too busy saving the world to worry about a woman, unless in the process of saving the world he saves some chick or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom