• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if Dante falls in love in DMC 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
My favorute Dante moment in DMC4 apart from the badass intro was when Dante gave Yamato to Nero at the end.
It didn't have anything to do with blood Dante gave Yamato to Nero because he earned his trust and admiration. Proof that there is still hope and goodness in humans despite what he has seen in his life. This I thought was a great insight into how Dante viewed humans and why he continues to live the life he does.

Beens that Dante is known for thinking with his tackle from time to time I don't think a relationship with a woman could be taken very seriously now even with Lady. I would like Dante to become attached to someone but I would rather someone like Patty. No physical attraction there, love on a deeper level than trying to save the hot girl in destress with the funny sarcastic flirting whenever they meet.

Freddy777

Heavens declare His Glory
It is to be expected in a adventure/action/hero type game that the hero must save the damsel in distress.
Of course, it could be the other way around, Dante could be the man in distress and one of the warrior ladies could come and save him.
I know you might think that it is not Dante's style to be captured or fall under some demonic influence, but it has already been done before in the anime series. Remember the poker episode where people would die if they lost in the poker game. Each player was under the control of the demon through some item. Even Dante was under the demon's spell. Yet, he purposefully let himself be under the demon's spell so that in the end when all the poker players died, the demon would reveal itself. Dante was set free from the demon's spell only after Lady shot the item that was controlling him.

Or how about Dante sacrifices himself for the woman that he falls in love with. Sort of like what Trish did for Dante in DMC 1. It would be a good romantic moment.

bobek388

Bobek388
No I don't want to see any love or romance between Dante and anyone, I don't want to see another Romeo and Juliet.
It would be like:

Dante-I love you
Lady (or someone else)- I love you too
Dante-I love you so much!
Lady-I love you so much and even more!
(Lady got killed by a demon)
Dante- NOO!
(Dante kills the demon and cries in front of the Lady for 10 minutes, then she wokes up, because his tear got onto her body)
Lady-OMG I'm ALIVE!
Dante-YEEES!! I love you
Lady-I love you too
Dante-I won't let anymore demons hurt you!! I WILL KILL THEM
Lady-OH NO!! Please don't leave me! What if you'll die?
Dante-Ok I won't.
(Another Demon steals lady and disappears, so Dante adventure begins he needs to save lady, some crazy scientist wait till the end of the game and then try to kill Lady but they don't because Dante saves her in the last second,
THE END)

That would be so stupid xDDD
I don't want Dante to love anyone.
If you want to see a love story watch titanic, play avatar or something.

Freddy777

Chill bobek. This is just a "what if?" question.
I doubt it would ever happen for real, although it could be possible.
If it did happen I think that Dante and whoever else wouldn't pronounce their love right away. It would develop later on and their love for each other would not be apparent. They probably don't even know that they are in love, until the end.

Besides, the DMC ladies (Lady, Trish, Lucia, and whatever other warrior chick) can handle themselves, it would be hard for them to be damsels in distress.

Interestingly, each girls were in some kind of "damsel in distress" situation. Yet, it never bothered me.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Everybody knows the only canon pairing for Dante is pizza. :3 And in the absence of that, he's always got his faithful girls Ebony and Ivory at his side. I don't think they need to complicate things with another love story.

So, I gotta go with the other "No way, Jose" answers here. It doesn't suit him and if they changed him to suit it, then it wouldn't be Dante anymore. :p

Plus, Bobek's evaluation isn't that far off. Doesn't matter how tough or well developed a lady is in a game, don't mean they can't be made into a victim or even worse; a gimmick. Lady in 4 is a stellar example of the latter. :/ If she had stuck to her personality and wardrobe in 3, I might be more accepting of the idea of something being there between them.

But I seem to recall Dante saying something about he doesn't date chicks who try to kill him. Trish threw a motorcycle at his head. Lady shot him in the face. I think that soundly takes 'em out of the running, no?

Freddy777

You're probably right Kittin.
Yet, sometimes when a woman fights with a man and get violent with him, it is usually a sign of attraction.
I mean, when a boy and girl constantly fight each other, they eventually end up together later on.
Did you see how many times Dante and Lady got close together?
I bet you Lady is probably the only woman Dante ever got that physically close to in his life.
Even though Dante probably chased women, he probably sucked at it b/c of his childish personality. (I might be wrong b/c I never read the novels and manga)

moseslmpg

What if this happened? I think DMC would rightly lose any respect and dignity it has left. It would be an abomination. I certainly wouldn't play it anymore if it deviated so much from its roots. DMC isn't meant to be a love story, and as some have said, that is pretty much exactly what fanfiction is for.

If you want an action game with a love story, Hell, and Dante to boot, just play Dante's Inferno.

Freddy777

DMC is already in a way a "love" story.
One of the major themes in every single DMC game is "Love".
But how does "love" make DMC lose respect and dignity. Isn't love a good thing.
Yes, I get it, no one wants a "lovy dovy, mushy Dante & whoever" relationship. I don't either. That doesn't mean that love isn't important. Does anyone really think it would be an "abomination"?
I know that people want DMC to be darker b/c that is one of the themes of the game, but this isn't about embracing the darkness, this is about destroying the darkness.
And as every single game has shown, true power lies in "Love" and desiring to protect that loved one.
So, if Dante falls in love, then so be it, b/c it would be well within the themes of the game.

moseslmpg

DMC is not a love story in any way actually. That isn't one of the major themes of the series at all.

You are totally missing the point. The issue here is not some abstract entity "love," it is making DMC into something it is not. You might as well ask what if they made DMC a racing game? After all, DMC "is already in a way a 'car' story" and it includes motorcycles and wheels, etc. If I may pose a question in the style of the great Tina Turner: What's love got to do with it? Answer: Nothing. It should not have anything to do with the game and it has nothing to do with my objection to your idea.

You keep projecting your own beliefs onto DMC, as if it is supposed to be teaching us something (like destroying the darkness, that is your opinion). It isn't. It is a work of fiction which needs to remain coherent and consistent with itself to survive. The fact that you think turning it into a love story is only a testament of how far the series has fallen from glory.

Again, if you want love in the series, read a fanfic or write one, or play Dante's Inferno. But don't pretend like it makes sense, because it simply doesn't.

Freddy777

Dude, if you don't like my ideas, that is fine, but if you are going to have that attitude, go somewhere else.

Again, I'm not pushing anything into the series. I have no part in its development. And I don't want to. I have other more important things to do.

And again I'll say this, I dwell in the possibilities. If Dante doesn't fall in love ever then I am totally cool with it.

This is a place to discuss and exchange ideas, not bash people's ideas simply b/c it doesn't accord to your view of DMC.

Vampi

I'm sorry. But i specifically read that you want this stuff in DMC (hell you even pick out a girlfriend for Vergil. Girls that are simply holding a katana and you quickly assume Vergil would like her cause she's holding a katana probably).

We got our love story for DMC, its called DMC 4. Its a terrible story and one that i don't ever want to see again.

I saw what you put in the God and Angel thread and it looks like you have a recipe for a fan fiction. I don't know why you think fan fic writers are so beneath you when you basically have the qualities of a fangirl that romanticize everything in DMC whether it makes absolutely no sense. You might as well write a fan fic about it then spewing "ideas" in which you want to see in an actual DMC game. What's next? Unicorns that crap strawberries cause you know...if its good enough for Perseus in Clash of the Titans its good enough for Nero/Dante/Vergil or whomever.

Simply put, i just don't agree with your ideas about making DMC into a Barbie game really. DMC is all about the gothic and demonic...not pretty angels and love and sunshine.

I don't mean to sound negative. But you should really consider putting your ideas in a more acceptable medium...which is fan fiction.

moseslmpg

The only attitude I have is disagreeing with your idea. Do you want people to only respond if they agree with your idea? You should specify that in your first post (not that anyone has to stick to it, since it is a place for open discussion).

Yes, I know you exist in the world of possibilities, but some possibilities are more ridiculous and inappropriate than others. That is just a fact of life. You have to come to terms with the fact that there is a proper view of DMC, because DMC is not some nebulous idea that exists in some hive mind, it is a concrete series with concrete manifestations. There is a way it is supposed to be, and a way it is not supposed to be.

You asked a question, I answered it. Your question was what if this happened in the series, and I answered it in that context. If you want it to happen outside the series, in a fanfic perhaps *hint hint* then I have zero issue with that. I just don't want it in the main series and I don't believe it is appropriate for the main series.

You should really try not to be so attached to the "possibilities" your bring forth.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
in dmc2 there was some romance between dante and lucia. it was not as dramatic as the Nero/Kyrie relationship due to the lack of personalities in dmc2 but it was there. if dmc5 is after dmc2 than dante falling in love would make perfect sense. if its another prequel then i doubt it would work and definitly not with any of the established charicters.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
bobek388;271518 said:
No I don't want to see any love or romance between Dante and anyone, I don't want to see another Romeo and Juliet.
It would be like:

Dante-I love you
Lady (or someone else)- I love you too
Dante-I love you so much!
Lady-I love you so much and even more!
(Lady got killed by a demon)
Dante- NOO!
(Dante kills the demon and cries in front of the Lady for 10 minutes, then she wokes up, because his tear got onto her body)
Lady-OMG I'm ALIVE!
Dante-YEEES!! I love you
Lady-I love you too
Dante-I won't let anymore demons hurt you!! I WILL KILL THEM
Lady-OH NO!! Please don't leave me! What if you'll die?
Dante-Ok I won't.
(Another Demon steals lady and disappears, so Dante adventure begins he needs to save lady, some crazy scientist wait till the end of the game and then try to kill Lady but they don't because Dante saves her in the last second,
THE END)

That would be so stupid xDDD
I don't want Dante to love anyone.
If you want to see a love story watch titanic, play avatar or something.
I'd play it. :|

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Yay, it'd be like DMC4 all over again. (Thats sarcasm BTW.)

In a freakish way, WHAT IF, Dante had feelings for Trish?
I know she looks like his mum, but, she isn't and she is a full demon.

I'm surprised that Dante doesn't go after Lady... she's all flirty and has that 'Treat em' mean, keep em' keen' rubbish going on.

If Dante falls in love, it would be a good way to end the series... happily ever after... NOT!

Meg

Vergil'sB*tch;271814 said:
In a freakish way, WHAT IF, Dante had feelings for Trish?
I know she looks like his mum, but, she isn't and she is a full demon.

That would be the Oedipus Complex. :lol:

moseslmpg

darkslayer13;271776 said:
in dmc2 there was some romance between dante and lucia. it was not as dramatic as the Nero/Kyrie relationship due to the lack of personalities in dmc2 but it was there. if dmc5 is after dmc2 than dante falling in love would make perfect sense. if its another prequel then i doubt it would work and definitly not with any of the established charicters.
Uh, no there wasn't. It was more like a master-apprentice thing going on. Dante was totally detached from everything in DMC2.

If DMC5 is after DMC2, it makes even less sense for him to fall in love (I cringe at the thought).

Freddy777

Vampi;271648 said:
I'm sorry. But i specifically read that you want this stuff in DMC (hell you even pick out a girlfriend for Vergil. Girls that are simply holding a katana and you quickly assume Vergil would like her cause she's holding a katana probably).

I saw what you put in the God and Angel thread and it looks like you have a recipe for a fan fiction. I don't know why you think fan fic writers are so beneath you when you basically have the qualities of a fangirl that romanticize everything in DMC whether it makes absolutely no sense. You might as well write a fan fic about it then spewing "ideas" in which you want to see in an actual DMC game. What's next? Unicorns that crap strawberries cause you know...if its good enough for Perseus in Clash of the Titans its good enough for Nero/Dante/Vergil or whomever.

Simply put, i just don't agree with your ideas about making DMC into a Barbie game really. DMC is all about the gothic and demonic...not pretty angels and love and sunshine.

I don't mean to sound negative. But you should really consider putting your ideas in a more acceptable medium...which is fan fiction.

Where did I say that I specifically "want" this stuff? You need to read my post more carefully.
And the Vergil women thing, it was a joke, I wasn't serious. I did say I was playing around.

And what does the God and angel thread have to do with this topic?
Also, where did I ever say that fan fiction writers were beneath me? Just b/c I said that I'm not into fan fiction does not mean that fan fiction writers are beneath me. I mean, I don't like riding trucks. Does that mean trucks or truck drivers are beneath me?
I never said I was going to write a fan fiction story nor do I plan to.

And I'm ok that you don't agree with me and the topic. I did say whether people would think that this is a good or bad idea.
But, you are seriously blowing thing out of proportion. "Barbie game" Seriously?
And yes, you are totally negative Vampi.
You take this too seriously, you blow things out of proportion, and you assume to many things about me.
If you are going to disagree, try to be more polite about it and don't assume things about me as if you know me.

Freddy777

moseslmpg;271649 said:
The only attitude I have is disagreeing with your idea. Do you want people to only respond if they agree with your idea? You should specify that in your first post (not that anyone has to stick to it, since it is a place for open discussion).

Yes, I know you exist in the world of possibilities, but some possibilities are more ridiculous and inappropriate than others. That is just a fact of life. You have to come to terms with the fact that there is a proper view of DMC, because DMC is not some nebulous idea that exists in some hive mind, it is a concrete series with concrete manifestations. There is a way it is supposed to be, and a way it is not supposed to be.

You asked a question, I answered it. Your question was what if this happened in the series, and I answered it in that context. If you want it to happen outside the series, in a fanfic perhaps *hint hint* then I have zero issue with that. I just don't want it in the main series and I don't believe it is appropriate for the main series.

You should really try not to be so attached to the "possibilities" your bring forth.

Like I said before, if you disagree with me, I'm totally fine with it, but like I told Vampi, try to be more polite about it.
You are sometimes rude in your responses and very judgmental.
I don't mind that you criticize me, but don't be insulting.

And so what if my ideas seem far fetched to you. Everyone has there own opinions and you should respect that.
But, I don't understand you? You say that Capcom has perty much ruined the series, yet you talk as if the game has to be "purified", kept within the strict confines of its themes, motifs, ideas. Is it ruined or not?

And as you said, this is a fiction game. The game should be able to incorporate new themes, ideas, etc., not be limited to your view of DMC. And it doesn't have to be my ideas. You and I are not the only fans out there. Remember that you don't own the game. So don't tell me (and everyone else that doesn't agree with you) to stick to your "proper" view of DMC.

moseslmpg

:rolleyes:

OK whatever Fred. There's no point in really responding to you here anymore because you take any criticism as an attack, and you obviously don't understand what DMC is and what it isn't, or how fiction works.

I answered your question, and I believe all reasonable people would agree with me, so I won't try and push my luck convincing anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom