• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What has made you the DMC/DmC fan you are today?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i keep seeing a lot of hate and hostility being thrown around here lately and i just wanted to make a thread that reminds us why we're here in the first place.
so, what HAS made you the devil may cry fan you are today? Why?

i'll start off by saying the anime got me into it. i heard of DmC back in 2011 and didn't know much of devil may cry besides DMC2 which i played when i was 7 or so, and i thought it was cool and had fond memories. i was pretty lazy back then (was...? :p) so i didn't feel like playing all the games at once to prep for DmC but i did watch the anime which i thought was great and then a little over a year later i played DMC3 and DMC1 and loved them. then i played DmC a few months later and the rest is history.

herrblitzdiktator

Hmmm, well I saw a review on a Playstation 2 Magazine back in 2003 and talked about classic games, and oh what do I see? Devil May Cry 1, so I saw it, and I thought:"Well, this looks really badass"
When I got a ps2 in 2008 I bought DMC 3 Special Edition, and I loved it.
Last year I had little time to play and finish 1,
This year I played the ReBoot, and while I wasn't expecting the same kind of DMC, I liked it for other reasons.
I'm currently playing (when I have time), Devil May Cry 2, and when I'm done with it, I'll play DMC4 on my PC.
Ah, and I loved the anime and manga n.n

Kazuki Nanbu

i first hear about the serie when i saw a trailer of DMC 2 in a local channel of my country, then some years later i got the chance to play DMC 3 and instantly fell in love with the game and was one of the first game i bought for my PS2 when i got it, after finish DMC 3 i bought DMC 1 and 2 because if i like a game i want to know and play the other games of the serie

so i saw the anime (i like it) and played DMC 4 (i like it too) when the game was released on pc so....that it
(sorry if my english is bad)

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
I first got into it when I watched my dad play the demo from the Code Veronica disc.

I was just interested in being able to kill these demons with guns and swords and just feeling powerful and just the human spirit that Dante held to never give up and to know that he accepts it rather then deny it., I stayed with the series ever since then.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, I bought Code Veronica X and it came with the Devil May Cry demo disc. (which I should still have as well) Thought it was pretty damn awesome so I bought it on release day. And the rest is history.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Long, sappy fangirl story short:
I saw this:
dante-with-phone.jpg

in my brother's NAG magazine (gaming mag), thought *0_0* he's mine, how the hell'd he get out of my head and into print?!
Yes. ESP for the effin win. Thanks Hideki. I had like 6 years on you....but whatever, I'm digressing.
Got DMC4.
From there I got into reading DMC fanfiction (I'm naturally more of a reader/writer than a gamer).
From there I got into DMC3 (because I had no idea who the hell this Vergil guy was)
From there I got into the comic, and then eventually the manga, which put me off a bit from delving deeper into the DMC realm because it was....disturbing. I still don't know exactly wtf Dante actually did to Alice when he triggered.
Anyway. I slowly got back into it by watching the cutscenes from all the games, over and over. Watched all the trailers (fan-made and legit). Tried to play DMC3. Dante's abs kept distracting me @.@ And those octopus thingies were awesome when I wanted to make him scream....
Then I got into the anime. First the subbed one, and eventually found the dubbed one.
And then I tried my hand at writing DMC fanfiction. A lot of them are scraps. I have a couple of gems but I'm keeping those to myself, and a few choice friends, as the rest of the fandom will either try to rip off my work, outright plagiarize it, or have a dig at me for owning DMC.
-edit-
I only 'recently' (in the past couple of years) got into the novels because I couldn't get my hands on them for a long time.
With DmC i watched the tgs10 trailer 47 times.

I watched it over 100 times in sequence. Ohhh yes I didly-did ^_^

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Dante only triggered to stunt Alice in order to get free from her without harming, since Devil Trigger( even in games), seems to absorve demonic energy from oponents, making them weaker.
That wasn't a rape as some fans may think ( This is one of the urban legends I was talikng about).His hips could not be farther from hers.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
What made me a DMC/DmC fan is this:

It was back in 2003 in high school when my childhood friend introduced me to the very first Devil May Cry game. He then written in paper the controls on how to play it. And I got hooked! :D
I give my thanks to him for introducing me into the series; if not for him, I wouldn't have Stylish in my name! :D

For DmC, I decided to give it a fair shot. Despite the flaws and strengths it showed, as a fan, it wasn't as good as DMC1 and DMC3, which I also have felt for DMC4. :|

As I grew older, I grew wiser. I then realized how much of a mistake the series has become. If only Hideki Kamiya and the rest of Team Little Devils remained, then it would've been a much better blast than what we see now... :'(

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I first played the DMC1 demo from my RE Code Veronica X game the very 1st day I got my Playstation 2 on my birthday, that was one hell of a day. Been a huge fan ever since.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
my mother bought me dmc1 for my 14th birthday in 2001 and ive been a huge fan since. I was very skeptical about the reboot but tried it and i liked it a lot , i much prefer the orginal series but i enjoy the reboot it has great gameplay and it has potential. I want tje old series continued but if that isnt on the cards i would gladly play the reboot series if there are sequels.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I was having this bet with my friend of playing the games in one go without dying on my PS2 of course i didn't know that he would hand me over the hardest fu*king game possible at the time and i kinda got used to the sadomasochist gameplay of DMC1 and brought the game for myself.

Then i got DMC 3SE and it was even harder than DMC 1.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Played dmc 4 years ago was my first introduction to the series didnt play anything dmc related for a few years after that then played dmc 3 for the ps2 last year i think then bought the hd collection and bought dmc 4 again currently waiting to buy the reboot found this site havent looked back since :)

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
When I was younger I saw a pic of Dante on the back of a gaming magazine.

Devil_May_Cry_3_boxshot.jpg

And I was like:

"Wow he's cute!! :w00t: Devil May Cry hmm? Wonder what kind of game that is?" Take note this was back in the day when I was a total Nintendo fangirl and wouldn't play anything that wasn't Nintendo related. So I didn't give the game much thought but he stuck in my head for awhile afterwards. In other words, I kept looking at the magazine almost every single day :lol:

Fast forward a couple of years later, a friend of mine showed me some of the games he had and low and behold I recognized Dante on the cover from the magazine. Memories sparked, I got excited and I then I was like:

"Oooh let me borrow it pleeeeeeeeease?" :'( After the embarrassing begging that probably lasted longer then it should have, he caved in and let me borrow it for the weekend.

I played it, got hooked, and considered stealing it for myself. But you know, friendship, intergrity and crap of the sorts.

I ended up buying the game the next week. I"ve been into the series ever since.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I actually got into the series in late 2010. Playing it on my (then) new PS2 since I was too damn cheap to buy a ps3.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
When I was younger I saw a pic of Dante on the back of a gaming magazine.

Devil_May_Cry_3_boxshot.jpg

And I was like:

"Wow he's cute!! :w00t: Devil May Cry hmm? Wonder what kind of game that is?" Take note this was back in the day when I was a total Nintendo fangirl and wouldn't play anything Nintendo related. So I didn't give the game much thought but he stuck in my head for awhile afterwards. In other words, I kept looking at the magazine almost every single day :lol:

Fast forward a couple of years later, a friend of mine showed me some of the games he had and low and behold I recognized Dante on the cover from the magazine. Memories sparked, I got excited and I then I was like:

"Oooh let me borrow it pleeeeeeeeease?" :'( After the embarrassing begging that probably lasted longer then it should have, he caved in and let me borrow for the weekend.

I played it, got hooked, and considered stealing it for myself. But you know, friendship, intergrity and crap of the sorts.

I ended up buying the game the next week. I"ve been into the series ever since.

Im not suprised at this at all lol

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
What got me into DMC? Hmm? The first time I even heard about the sires was threw a magazine being ogled by some fangirls in my anime club. It was an ad DMC 3 and when I saw I thought it looked kinda cool. When actually played it I knew it was freaken awesome. The combat was fun and the stages where cool and I vowed to play all of the DMC games after that......I still have yet to finishes playing DMC 2 or DMC 4. >.>

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The controversy behind DmC and a video I saw from Neogamespark about DmC made me interested of the DMC series and looked into and I got really interested in it so I bought the HD collection and DMC4 and played it in chronological order (DMC3-DMC1-DMC4-DMC2).

Top Bottom