• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What happens to Demons when they die?

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
Just like Sparda and Mundus and pretty much every Demon Dante has slayed, what happens to Demons when they die?

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
They probably remain that way, as I've never heard of demons having an "afterlife" of any sort.

That said, it's easily possible that certain demons can be resurrected if they do die.

Also, like Veloran said, Mundus didn't die. He was simply sealed away again, but this time by Dante and Trish instead of Sparda.
(Though part of me believes that said seal is no where as strong as the one Sparda placed on Mundus)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, I believe all demons get sealed away again only to return (eventually).

It would be a good way to explain the constantly repeating enemies btw... XD

I think this is why the Ghostbusters needed a portal device into another world. "Energy" (in this case, "souls") cannot be created or destroyed. So, they can only be "exorcised" or "sealed away."

berto

I Saw the Devil
They probably remain that way, as I've never heard of demons having an "afterlife" of any sort.
Hell is an afterlife. Demons are not alive to begin with, they are spirits but they need a vessel to interact with the physical world. The sins in DMC3 use sand, the sins and deaths in DMC1 use the masks as a physical form, the Blades used reptiles, and scarecrows are demonic bugs that join inside of those sacks. When a demon is 'killed' it goes back to hell. The only ones who don't seem have anything like that are bosses who don't need a vessel because that is their physical form (This is just conjecture on my part). Some become devil arms and the others might also return to hell or they might end up in limbo (not the one in DmC).

Ixbran

Smashing~
regardless of what happens, personally I think that in the event of a demons death their 'soul' is sent to a depth of hell they have to fight their way out. so that when they return, they will be stronger. I dunno, I just like to think it is possible for Sparda to come back.

Because ... reasons ...

Viper

Premium
They go to heaven. XD

The big devils we saw usually turn into devil arms, though that makes me wonder what happened to bosses from DMC4.
Small fry is born from dust or other vessel they use, and what I gathered from the little chat Vergil and Arkham have, can be reborn from dust over and over.
Medium demons, like Sid and similar creatures that are not part of seemingly infinite armies, seem to vanish from human world for good, probably lose their soul to some terrible part of demon world. Or maybe they become part of those armies I mentioned?

Top Bottom