• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what happened to the sheath of Yamato?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boss

Unstable
ok, i just now realized this, if anyone else put a thread like this in the past im sorry. Ive noticed when Nero obtains Yamato that it has no sheath, but when Dante gets Yamato back from under the city, it does! has Dante had the sheath the whole time?:unsure:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, if you unlocked the extra ending at the end of Devil May Cry 3, you'll notice that Vergil dropped Yamato's sheath while in the underworld, about to fight Mundus.

So it's entirely possible that, in the search for Yamato, Dante went to the last place that Vergil stood uncorrupted by Mundus and found the sheath of the blade.

Of course, this is only speculation, but given the fact that Dante was searching for the blade in the first place, I think that this seems likely.

Sparda™

The point is that probably Vergil has still the yellow ribbons of the sheath. It means he's somehow alive.

aka958

Don't trust people
O.O he is? never knewed >_< is if it is a little yellow it means it is alive? where did you get that!?

Sparda™

^ LOL. It's not because of the colors. Dante in DMC4 has the sword and the sheath when fighting the Savior, but not the ribbons. They must have disappeared. It's probably a message of Vergil being alive.

Keaton

Premium
IIRC Yamoto is stored within the Devil Bringer which acts as a sheath using it to store the blade when not in use...like a dormant demonic energy.

When Dante gets it he has the blade itself as a material object, so he has the sheath (because he doesn't have a magicial arm to store it in =p )

Sparda™

The Devil Bringer absorbs every Devil Arm It encounters. The Yamato is no exception.

The Devil Bringer is not a sheath of magic energy to the Yamato or every other Devil Arm. It is something that can bend time-space continuum.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Probably some kind of error of the game?

I can only think that since we are talking about a Devil Arm (a magical sword in this case) it works differently for each host and allows its sheath to materialize when necessary. Since the order and Nero didn't need a sheath (the order used it only as a key whereas Nero stored it along with every devil-related item inside his devil arm) it only appeared to Dante, who used the well-known Vergil moves which require a sheath to execute fast unsheathings of the sword.

slapsus

no i mean when Dante give Nero the Yamato he gives it to him with the sheath... the original one, not the DT one

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Yamato's sheath dissapering is just a weird game thing, but you get all deep into it..LOL

Still that is like asking why do Dante's swords stick to his back, the anser is just because. Sheathing them would'nt look as cool.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
so? they could be weird game things but they also might not be, don't shoot down anyones idea. speaking of the ribbon missing i actually think that is an interesting concept, the custom of displaying yellow ribbons for an absent loved-one, maybe dante has the ribbon kinda like how he still has his glove? to remember his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom