• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what happened to air raid????

ruru22

thats one thing that made me kinda disapointed from dmc4 theres no flying w/ dante and no air raid....

ruru22

yeah and they tood the multi punch combo with the gauntlets, yeah i know they're diff gloves but still... i like the new dance macabre finish tho.. thats hot. homerun baby.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
meh.... Air raid was only good in DMC1, Nevan's blew and i love how they added some of Vergil's Beowulf moves in with the Gilgamesh*why were they called Gilgamesh and not Echidna?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Air Raid rocked, shame they got rid of it really, it was one of those things you could use to get to hard to reach places, or to save yourself near death while dealing out damage, was always a great feature, but never mind.

----

yasoukyoku;66979 said:
*why were they called Gilgamesh and not Echidna?

^ That's like saying why isn't the Pandora called Dagon/Bael and why isn't the Lucifer called Berial, the weapons are seperate entites entirely from the bosses, infact, it's those weapons that actually power the Hell Gates in the first place. :p

Keaton

Premium
yasoukyoku;66979 said:
meh.... Air raid was only good in DMC1, Nevan's blew and i love how they added some of Vergil's Beowulf moves in with the Gilgamesh*why were they called Gilgamesh and not Echidna?

...giglamesh is a combination of words.
IIRC Gigla is a word meaning metal or steel (methinks), and mesh is...well mesh...lol or a variation of something that meshes with something. To create the organic metal that its suposed to be made from....it murges with Dante to create the weapons.

Lucifer is just an awesome name :D

Pandora box wouldnt be the same if it was Baels box :S

They are just keeping the names distant for now I guess....

The weapons are prizes for destorying the gates, rather than the souls of the creature...otherwise they would be named accordingly.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
yasoukyoku;66979 said:

Remember Lady saying the order was collecting devil arms? Those are the ones they gathered. They used gilgamesh, lucifer, and pandora to power the artifical gates. Yamato opened the real gate. As someone else said they have nothing to do with the bosses this time around.

evilweevle

ruru22;66963 said:
yeah and they tood the multi punch combo with the gauntlets, yeah i know they're diff gloves but still... i like the new dance macabre finish tho.. thats hot. homerun baby.

thats one of the things i miss the most out of dmc4, i loved all the different button mashing moves out of DMC3 as every weapon had one i especially liked agni & rudras one.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
hmmm so i guess according to the story there really could have been 3 more weapons? Echindna:whip sword Berial: flame throwing battle ax
Bael: ice spear. I don't off topic.

Sparda™

^ In fact, Capcom had promised that Devil May Cry 4 would have more weapons than any other part of the series. In fact, we got the game with the least weapons in the series, which sucks.:dry:

Air Raid is a move that needs to be independent of any weapon. Meaning that you can fly with whatever weapon you have, while in Devil Trigger. A move that needs to be set as a default one, and have purchasable upgrades through red orbs.

Devil May Cry 4, personally, lacked a lot.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
^What Dante said.

Also to that other question about the names of the bosses and the names of the Devil Arms. 1st of all this time we did not get the essence of the bosses as the bosses were completely destroyed and then we got something.
2nd the names of the bosses and their respected Devil Arms do have some connections though. For example I remember reading that Berial (not the fire guy we know and love/hate, but the 1st guy who had the name) had something to do with Lucifer in some way.

Sparda™

^ Berial was a fallen angel, and so is Lucifer, considered by Christian mythology. Berial was Lucifer's father, I think.

But, Echidna and Gilgamesh, or Pandora between Baal and Dagon - they really have no connection.

Gilgamesh's just a reskin of Beowulf. Pandora has no real connection with any weapon whatsoever.

I'm really disappointed from Capcom. Devil May Cry 3, in my opinion, is the best Devil May Cry out there.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
...giglamesh is a combination of words.
IIRC Gigla is a word meaning metal or steel (methinks), and mesh is...well mesh...lol or a variation of something that meshes with something. To create the organic metal that its suposed to be made from....it murges with Dante to create the weapons.-posted by Keaton

Actually Gilgamesh was a baybalonian king in the story of the Gilgamesh epic. It was a story written on clay tablets around 2000 B.C

Anyway, air raid let you do huge damege to anything and It looked cool
It really made devil trigger usefull for saving yourself and dealing a stylish deathblow. I want to see more huge multi-target attacks like air raid in the future.

Top Bottom