• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
This question must have been asked a million times by some other dude, but I wanted to know it from a long time. If you start a game in SE with yellow, then what is the difference between it and gold?

XicoPT

Yellow=Starts with the yellow orb on the last checkpoint

Gold=It revives you in the place you died

Chrysander

I can't remember which is which... but one of them lets you have unlimited continues for free, and if you use a gold orb then it revives you exactly where you are like a fairy in Zelda. On the other setting, you need to use an orb just to continue from a checkpoint, and you cannot revive exactly where you were.

But it doesn't really matter either way for experienced players, because you won't need continues.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Well, I always picked gold whenever I started a new game. But, I was just wondering which one is better because I never picked Yellow before and, there is no harm in trying something new, right?

Steven

That-Damn-Good
You can only carry three gold orbs, where as with Yellow you can carry 99. And the aforementioned differences. ;)

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Gold revives you on the spot. They are rare to find and expensive to buy, but extremely useful. You can only bear three at once.

Yellow revives you at the last checkpoint in the level. They are cheap, common but often a major pain in the *** as you have to restart from the last checkpoint without the items you used before you died.

Also play Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 2. The original only uses yellow orbs whereas the second installement uses gold.

Nnnnrokay? ;)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Well, I did play DMC2 again. Though, the second installment with Lucia onlu uses gold orbs. With Dante, yellow, right?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I remain faithful to the original DMC and use yellow orbs with both characters.

Yellow revives in/ near room.

Gold revives imeediately & unlimited checkpoint revives.

If you're a beginner use gold.

I am pretty much a DMC virtuouso so I use yellow orbs

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
If anyone kills me, I return to kill them, see how they like it.

(No one has for some time now)

I have memorised all of the tactics I used against all the bosses from each DMC and have learned prudent ways to dispose of stronger enemies.

You name a boss and I can tell you how to defeat it.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Okay what about Nightmare 3 in DMC1 on DMD mode cuz I usually have a tough time beating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom