• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What games do you think deserve to return?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Whether it be a sequel or a reboot (No Devil May Cry mentioned here) which game would you like to see return? Here are my picks:

1. Bushido Blade
- For those of you who don't know it was a samurai fighting game for the ps1 which had a very realistic take on sword fighting. You had no health bars and the idea was to hit your opponent in a vital area that would result in their death. Like real sword fighting. I'd love to see a reboot or 3rd installment in the series.

2. Earthbound (Mother)
- This excellent RPG for the NES had you in the role of a kid named Ness as they fought an alien invasion. For literally having one of the most disturbing and memorable boss fights of all time, Ness needs to come back.

3. Tenchu: Stealth Assasins
- One of the only games that actually cast you as a ninja to do what a ninja really does. Now I know we saw some more sequels but they were never as good as when we first got around to sneaking with Rikimaru. While Assasin's Creed has pretty much gone stagnant for me I think a rebooted version that takes some cues for what a series like that did would be great.

4. Banjo Kazooie
- Banjo is one of my favorite games of all time and I loved it on the N64. I want another Banjo but make it a good one that really captures the fun of its platforming adventure roots.

5. Parrapa da Rappa
- Now we can definitely get another installment in the game that pretty much help but music games on the map. I was thinking it be more of a downloadable game. You know, short and sweet to really give back some nostalgia and fun characters this game made so memorable. Or how about somebody give me a Parrapa cartoon series. That would be just as good.

While I do have a few more in mind I'll just stop for now. So what would you guys like to see return?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I want Bloody Roar back! I want it coming back in a proper "true" reboot! Better voice actors! Everything!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Shenmue sequel
Legacy of Kain
Perfect Dark (proper one not that rubbish remake)
Decent Settlers title
Command & Conquer back to its best

Janoosen

Dark Slayer
I'm a huge fan of RPGs so the majority of my list consist of such.

Suikoden
Grandia
Wild ARMs
Onimusha
Breath of Fire (Breath of Fire 5? What's that? Never heard of it)

Remember when they used to make good games with good music on top of that? Good times.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Whether it be a sequel or a reboot (No Devil May Cry mentioned here) which game would you like to see return? Here are my picks:
2. Earthbound (Mother)
- This excellent RPG for the NES had you in the role of a kid named Ness as they fought an alien invasion. For literally having one of the most disturbing and memorable boss fights of all time, Ness needs to come back.
While I do have a few more in mind I'll just stop for now. So what would you guys like to see return?

While you're other options are top notch and there's no reason they shouldn't come back, a big part of Mother's charm is that eclectic soundtrack which can be roughly described as a massive copyright infringement lawsuit waiting to happen. You are right though, we've never had another RPG with quite the sense of mad brilliance, variety and originality as Earthbound.

Jus one game ................ GODHAND.

We almost had that, it's called Anarchy Reigns and it's the most ballsy multiplayer game I've played in years.

It's far from perfect, but I've never felt closer to a God Hand sequel than this. Besides which, you can't make a sequel to God Hand; you can't improve on perfection.

ZeroLove

Hmm, let me see...

Killer Instinct. I LOVED the two games, simply my favourite fighting game series and I still play them from time to time. I would LOVE to see it make a return. Microsoft who has the rights to Rare have hinted at it many times, but have always said they won't make a KI3. :(

Darkstalkers. I've heard rumours that a new title is coming, so I hope to see it again. ^^

Legacy of Kain. One of my most favourite games is LoK: Defiance where you switched between playing as Kain and Raziel throughout the story. I wish to see it return.

Jak (and Daxter). I have yet to play the newest title which wasn't made by Naughty Dog, but the original series is close to my heart and I even loved the racing game Jak X!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I
Hmm, let me see...

Killer Instinct. I LOVED the two games, simply my favourite fighting game series and I still play them from time to time. I would LOVE to see it make a return. Microsoft who has the rights to Rare have hinted at it many times, but have always said they won't make a KI3. :(

Darkstalkers. I've heard rumours that a new title is coming, so I hope to see it again. ^^

Legacy of Kain. One of my most favourite games is LoK: Defiance where you switched between playing as Kain and Raziel throughout the story. I wish to see it return.

Jak (and Daxter). I have yet to play the newest title which wasn't made by Naughty Dog, but the original series is close to my heart and I even loved the racing game Jak X!
I was just about to add Killer Instinct to the list. That game NEEDS to return. Let NetherRealm pick it up. The Mortal Kombat reboot was one of the best fighters I've played in a long time and I absolutely can't wait for their Injustice:Gods Among Us because I'm a massive superhero fan.

Jak also deserves another shot. But Naughty Dog is too busy with their lame Uncharted franchise which is long past its prime and this Last Of Us game which the more I see of it the less interested I become. Jak was interesting and fun. The games they now make are just overdoses on hollywood modification and just throws you from set piece to set piece. You more so obeying the game than actually playing it. They really need to get their sh1t together.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Hmm, let me see...

What I don't get is that they won't rerelease KI Gold on XBLA. I mean why the hell not?! Is Microsoft adverse to printing money? Oh wait no, they're probably busy making Nuts And Bolts 2...grrr...

Jak and Daxter
I have yet to play the newest title which wasn't made by Naughty Dog, but the original series is close to my heart and I even loved the racing game Jak X!

You're absolutely on the money there chief; Jak X is hugely underrated. Tragically though Lost Frontier is a good concept marred by poor execution, and 3's ending was complete codsbollocks. Can you believe that garbage was written by Amy Hennig, the same person who made Legacy of Kain such a stunning piece of work? Yet she also went on to write Uncharted 3, one of the most poorly-thrown together scripts I've ever seen...

Amy, please come back to dark fantasy...and stop sucking...

ZeroLove

I

I was just about to add Killer Instinct to the list. That game NEEDS to return. Let NetherRealm pick it up. The Mortal Kombat reboot was one of the best fighters I've played in a long time and I absolutely can't wait for their Injustice:Gods Among Us because I'm a massive superhero fan.

Mortal Kombat being another of my favourite fighting game series, and being a big fan of their latest game, I too have thought it would be awesome if NetherRealmStudios made the next Killer Instinct! :D

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Hell, KI was always just Rare's take on MK with vastly superior gameplay and character diversity. They should just amalgamate their rosters and adopt a hybridized version of KI's combo system., that would kick arse.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Bloody Roar: I want it to come back! That rumor about a reboot was a false. Hudson is down. Now Konami HAS to take over Bloody Roar! Better be up this year or next!

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
DevilMayCry 1, 2, & 3 with updated graphics & sound.

Quite so sir. It's be nice if it got a reboot too.

How about a real Syndicate game? You know, with open environments, satire and creative mass murder? Like Hitman on a grand scale without the billions of retries?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DevilMayCry 1, 2, & 3 with updated graphics & sound.
They did. It's called the Devil May Cry HD Collection. Plus I said no DMC in here. This is mainly for games that are rather obscure or good old nostalgic gems that never got much attention as the years went on.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I don't think the classic games need any superficial improvements. They're fine as they are, and the HD collection was just about perfect.

You know what we do need a return from? Silent Bomber. That game was bloody mint.

Top Bottom