• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you think WILL happen if they make a sequel?

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
This thread is for people to discuss what they think will happen in a potential sequel, not what they want to happen, so it's a different kind of thread. I need to stress, the ideas discussed her are not what people want to happen, but what they think Ninja Theory would do, based on the first game.

Personally, I predict them going on with the darker themes, while also trying to implement more classic characters in the hopes of winning over more fans.

DmC2: Vergil returns with an army of demons. By now, Dante and Kat are a couple, making Kat a target for Vergil, who blames her for turning Dante against him. Vergil creates Trish to mess with Dante's head while he kidnaps and rapes Kat about halfway through the game. He is killed by Dante at the end and Kat discovers that she is pregnant and isn't sure who the father is.

DmC3: About 18 years later, Kat (now going by "Lady") is raising her son Nero, who is the new main character. After his family comes under attack by the new villain, Nero seeks out Dante, who is now much closer in look and personality to DMC2 Dante. Dante acts as Nero's mentor and the two defeat the villain, who is likely Nelo Angelo.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
The Angels start attacking demons and humans, and Dante is summoned to combat them. Along the way, he meets a Hunter who calls herself "Lady." and the two butt heads over their differing ideals.

Kat is studying black magic to become more combat capable.

In the DLC, Vergil is also summoning up rogue angels to fight in his army

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil decends further into evil, he becomes nelo angelo and defeats dante in combat but dante is rescued before he is killed.Dante then combines his angel and devil sides and through accepting his humanity unlocks his nephilim trigger like a majin trigger or sparda dt and fights vergil again, he finishes vergil for good and later finds out that vergil had a son who is now an orphan.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dante realizes the mistake of releasing demons into the human world and now is paying for it by traveling around the world to kill off the rest of the demons. Meanwhile he also has to track down Vergil's whereabouts and stop him from rising to power as the new Demon King. Another developing problem is the Angels now getting involved to try and bring order, however their order is questionable.

I don't think they'll try to make the story complicated but rather just make a story that's easy to follow since...let's face it; Devil May Cry will never have A+ writing so why bother?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
for one, i think capcom will give NT full freedom and not intervene them, least that's what i hoped.. and i agree with you that they'll make a darker one, the trailer and concept art on DmC sure gives out different feel than the game..

and most importantly, when a sequel appears, one person for sure will be the happiest gamer on earth

Judge

Would like to see them go radically into a new direction. I feel DmC played it safe. Capcom toned down the level of violence and how dark the game would be. Which we heard from them in previous interviews where they had to tone the game down to get the right certificate for stores to stock the game in Japan. That being said, hope to see a deeper story which has always been lacking in the series, even DmC's could've been better.

Tiran

The great pretender.
EVERY WEAPON SHOULD HAVE AN ANGEL, DEMON AND HUMAN MODIFIER TRIPLING IT"S POTENTIAL MOVE-SET. ALSO, THE ANGEL WHIP SHOULD JUST BE TURNED INTO A TELEPORT MOVE AND both it and the grapple MADE FASTER- ALMOST INSTANT. Angel mode on rebellion should give it Nero's wilder swinging crowed controlling aerial-centric move-set. Human should give it a standard Rebellion move-set. Demon should be for lock-on and charged type moves like Drive, round trip, sword pierce, Dance macabre and stinger: Hold demon trigger+Attack and forward...etc. Also, double tapping the demon grapple should perform buster moves on enemies varying the move depending on both the enemy, the direction you grabbed the enemy from and the style rank you have. If the enemy is at the end of it's life, you perform an awesome finisher on them. If it's the last one in a room, it's an even more awesome finisher.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Would like to see them go radically into a new direction. I feel DmC played it safe. Capcom toned down the level of violence and how dark the game would be. Which we heard from them in previous interviews where they had to tone the game down to get the right certificate for stores to stock the game in Japan. That being said, hope to see a deeper story which has always been lacking in the series, even DmC's could've been better.

EVERY WEAPON SHOULD HAVE AN ANGEL, DEMON AND HUMAN MODIFIER TRIPLING IT"S POTENTIAL MOVE-SET. ALSO, THE ANGEL WHIP SHOULD JUST BE TURNED INTO A TELEPORT MOVE AND both it and the grapple MADE FASTER- ALMOST INSTANT. Angel mode on rebellion should give it Nero's wilder swinging crowed controlling aerial-centric move-set. Human should give it a standard Rebellion move-set. Demon should be for lock-on and charged type moves like Drive, round trip, sword pierce, Dance macabre and stinger: Hold demon trigger+Attack and forward...etc. Also, double tapping the demon grapple should perform buster moves on enemies varying the move depending on both the enemy, the direction you grabbed the enemy from and the style rank you have. If the enemy is at the end of it's life, you perform an awesome finisher on them. If it's the last one in a room, it's an even more awesome finisher.

I think you missed the point of this thread.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I think you missed the point of this thread.
Nope. I just got specific. Besides if I were to tell the truth, I'd say that the game itself cannot ever expand to any groundbreaking levels as long as Tammem is creative director. His approach to things philosophically is too weighed down in what he thinks is an artistic vision. So much so that what would actually make the game succeed as an interactive and exciting action experience is discarded for what he hopes works as a , melodramatic, ultimately underwhelming, overly-derivative, gray, mood piece. To the point that game-play elements meant to promote a feeling of fun like taunts are removed because he feels it clashes with his incredibly depressing story.

Sandalflash

I'm sure Trish will show up and she'll be retconned to be his sister or something instead of a mother stand-in.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Hang on guys

giphy.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Okay, I'm back, I saw the game, and now I'm going to prevent the future in which EA buys the franchise, so we'll just have to wait for the version that you guys will see.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I would love to see the style they introduced in DmC evolve into something new, but still have an element of its roots apparent throughout. DmC has always given off a western grunge, punk-rock sort of vibe, but I'd like to see that develop further and possibly even transcend into something else. It'd be interesting to see it diverge eventually into something that feels reminiscent of older Devil May Cry games, but still recognizable as it's own thing.
If a sequel does happen, I'd like to think it would rely on more cerebral elements, akin to horror, similar to the first Devil May Cry game. DmC has it's fair share of disturbing moments, but I'd love to see the tone shift darker and heavier to fit a serious narrative that really puts Dante and Kat through a lot that hopefully invokes quite a bit of character development for the two of them. I'd love to see some darker imagery, stranger environments similar to the ones we all know and love from DmC combined with the gothic towers and cathedrals from the earlier Devil May Cry titles, and also some truly creepy moments that wouldn't feel out of place in a horror game.

I can't really speak much for any plot aspects that I believe will be incorporated judging from the first game alone, as the first game ended on such an open note, they have full range to go quite possibly anywhere. Wishful thinking on my part however, I'd like to see the game focus on Dante maturing as a person, finding his humanity despite his anatomy, and then soon after fully resolving with a purpose and motivation to defend humanity from the hordes of demons released from Limbo. How this development occurs could happen in many ways, but it should start I feel with Dante forming the semblance of a business with Kat; a business that will soon wear the famous moniker "Devil May Cry."

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Ah I remember those days...
flame wars galore, and memes everywhere.
And Dino-Vergil, don't forget Dino-Vergil
(Come to think about it, every detail about the game, true or false, got leaked on /v/ if I remember correctly, everyone fell for Dino Vergil because a few anons had already leaked an accurate description of the demo at comic con.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom