• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you think is the best DMC game ever?

Best DMC game you have played and why.

• Dmc1

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Dmc2

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Dmc3

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Dmc4

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aka958

Don't trust people
DMC4.
60Hz
Everything isn't as sloppy in response when I play it as the previous games.
DMC4 has the biggest moveset and alot less restricting in most boss fights, exception is Sanctus and The Savior.
How, you ask?

Let's compare to what's usually the peeps favorite, DMC3:

Vergil 1, 2 and 3 was all about either just dodge or block his combo, and hit him while he is vulnerable. The Credo battle in 4 was just waaaaaaaaaaaay more open than that. You could interrupt his attacks as well, and change his patterns as well.
Cerberus boss battle is the same through the whole battle, except you limit his moveset when you destroy his head. Agni and Rudra is the same if you kill them at the same time, otherwise there is a single different state of meeting this enemy as one sword carrier instead of the usual two.
Echidna has several states you have to play differently for, but still not restricting you.
Bael/Dagon have to different ways of fighting you and transitions between them constantly, making your priorities and strategies change.
Credo has a huge change when on low health, where he uses his summoned swords and attacks alot more relentlessly.

Seriously though, everything is alot more advanced when it comes to gameplay in 4. Most bosses in 3 I sadly just slashes away hoping they would die with a good combo, over and over again. I did not do that to the majority of bosses in 4, no way.
In 4 I get the feeling that the enemies have more variety and feel that the rest of the games as well, as most enemies in DMC3 were just the same with more/less health with a few exceptions such as those damned angels, those little things that go invisible and a few more which I can't remember the name of.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC4: Because it allowed free use of the styles and I prefer changing my style any time I wish instead of going to a save spot. I liked DMC4's story and although the game play was nerffed I still had the most fun with it. If DMC4's Bloody Palace wasn't timed I be playing that mode all day.

Asmodaius

Lucia in DMC?, I can't possibly imagine why.
Is this your wish or do you have some theory to back it up?
I'm intrigued now tell me.

I would love if all of them returned with a rebooted look, but held on to their style. Lucia, Vergil, Trish, Lady.... maaaaaybe even Nero... No, not Nero... F*** Nero... I HATE HIM!

... I mean... Yeeeaaah... *cough*

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Lucia in DMC?, I can't possibly imagine why.
Is this your wish or do you have some theory to back it up?
I'm intrigued now tell me.

Don't have a theory, just a wish.
Since its a reboot they can use her if they want since they aren't tied by continuity even a messy.
Lucia doesn't have to meet Dante 200 years later.
She could have been his next door neighbor growing up.

i think she could be a ally of dante who is a little bit unhuman or aloof. I'm guessin the good demons sent her t make sure dante stays on tasks and not be repeating dmc4. Or not making anything else worse.

DMC4.
60Hz
Everything isn't as sloppy in response when I play it as the previous games.
DMC4 has the biggest moveset and alot less restricting in most boss fights, exception is Sanctus and The Savior.
How, you ask?

Let's compare to what's usually the peeps favorite, DMC3:

Vergil 1, 2 and 3 was all about either just dodge or block his combo, and hit him while he is vulnerable. The Credo battle in 4 was just waaaaaaaaaaaay more open than that. You could interrupt his attacks as well, and change his patterns as well.
Cerberus boss battle is the same through the whole battle, except you limit his moveset when you destroy his head. Agni and Rudra is the same if you kill them at the same time, otherwise there is a single different state of meeting this enemy as one sword carrier instead of the usual two.
Echidna has several states you have to play differently for, but still not restricting you.
Bael/Dagon have to different ways of fighting you and transitions between them constantly, making your priorities and strategies change.
Credo has a huge change when on low health, where he uses his summoned swords and attacks alot more relentlessly.

Seriously though, everything is alot more advanced when it comes to gameplay in 4. Most bosses in 3 I sadly just slashes away hoping they would die with a good combo, over and over again. I did not do that to the majority of bosses in 4, no way.
In 4 I get the feeling that the enemies have more variety and feel that the rest of the games as well, as most enemies in DMC3 were just the same with more/less health with a few exceptions such as those damned angels, those little things that go invisible and a few more which I can't remember the name of.
You have a point, but you said you'd compare the two games and then you only talked about gameplay.
And we agree that DMC4 gameplay is better than DMC3 gameplay (although DMC3 gameplay was a lot more revolutionary than DMC4 gameplay), but that's only because DMC4 is newer game. It's logical that Capcom upgraded gameplay and graphics from previous game.
But when we look at storyline, atmosphere and setting I think that DMC3 beats DMC4 to a pulp.

I would love if all of them returned with a rebooted look, but held on to their style. Lucia, Vergil, Trish, Lady.... maaaaaybe even Nero... No, not Nero... F*** Nero... I HATE HIM!

... I mean... Yeeeaaah... *cough*
LOl, that's a nice idea, Vergil with a rebooted look (just imagine his hair *.*) or Lady...
Nero just doesn't fit in...

aka958

Don't trust people
You have a point, but you said you'd compare the two games and then you only talked about gameplay.
And we agree that DMC4 gameplay is better than DMC3 gameplay (although DMC3 gameplay was a lot more revolutionary than DMC4 gameplay), but that's only because DMC4 is newer game. It's logical that Capcom upgraded gameplay and graphics from previous game.
But when we look at storyline, atmosphere and setting I think that DMC3 beats DMC4 to a pulp.

LOl, that's a nice idea, Vergil with a rebooted look (just imagine his hair *.*) or Lady...
Nero just doesn't fit in...

Well, hell yeah. I liked DMC3's atmosphere alot more, and DMC4's story is rather... dry.
But really, to be honest DMC3's story isn't much at all. It feels pretty shallow as well, really shallow.

I think both have great characters and I like their story still, but if you want honesty both are shallow.

DMC4 has more variety in areas but not that dark feel to it as DMC3. DMC3 however felt so god damn grey all the time.

Well, hell yeah. I liked DMC3's atmosphere alot more, and DMC4's story is rather... dry.
But really, to be honest DMC3's story isn't much at all. It feels pretty shallow as well, really shallow.

I think both have great characters and I like their story still, but if you want honesty both are shallow.

DMC4 has more variety in areas but not that dark feel to it as DMC3. DMC3 however felt so god damn grey all the time.
Grey color adds to that DMC feeling :cool: (gothic theme), DMC4 just feels like normal game (non DMC game) because of that variety of areas...I don't know just my opinion :)
And for the story, DMC3 story sticks to the Sparda's sons and DMC4 is just another cliche love - story with Dante hopping in as an veteran Devil Hunter.

aka958

Don't trust people
Grey color adds to that DMC feeling :cool: (gothic theme), DMC4 just feels like normal game (non DMC game) because of that variety of areas...I don't know just my opinion :)
And for the story, DMC3 story sticks to the Sparda's sons and DMC4 is just another cliche love - story with Dante hopping in as an veteran Devil Hunter.

Well, yeah. But I think there was more events in DMC4's story than DMC3's. I mean, they are both great, but really... I can't play DMC3 because it feels slow and it's scenes uninteresting, with the extremely repetetive areas which makes backtracking in DMC4 feel less repetetive. <.<

Imo the gothic theme can fit right in without the grey color, look at the first DMC for example. It has dark halls and an gothic feeling without everything being dull grey rock.

Well, yeah. But I think there was more events in DMC4's story than DMC3's. I mean, they are both great, but really... I can't play DMC3 because it feels slow and it's scenes uninteresting, with the extremely repetetive areas which makes backtracking in DMC4 feel less repetetive. <.<

Imo the gothic theme can fit right in without the grey color, look at the first DMC for example. It has dark halls and an gothic feeling without everything being dull grey rock.
Repetetive areas in DMC3?, can you lighten up that for me please....they don't look all the same do they, at least I have played DMC3 much and they didn't feel repetetive at all.
About gothic theme I agree with you completely, DMC1 had the best gothic setting, and it's not like everything's grey rock...Leviathan level lol.

Pleasure

Just the man with the gun.
Playing as Vergil in SE was the ****. Nero was a dumb replacement. I really don't know what they were thinking there up in the story department of Capcom. At least, with Vergil, it made sense.
Nero's relation? Some kid who looks like Dante who just happens to have his brother's sword embedded in his arm. Yeah. Let's go with that, folks, and sell out.
Combat in 4 was alright. I liked Dante's Lucifer. Beowulf beat out their replacements though by a mile.
That being said, the morphing weaponry in 5 has me giddy. Especially the Cerberus-esque weaponry. Crowd control is the ****.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Playing as Vergil in SE was the ****. Nero was a dumb replacement. I really don't know what they were thinking there up in the story department of Capcom. At least, with Vergil, it made sense.
Nero's relation? Some kid who looks like Dante who just happens to have his brother's sword embedded in his arm. Yeah. Let's go with that, folks, and sell out.
Combat in 4 was alright. I liked Dante's Lucifer. Beowulf beat out their replacements though by a mile.
That being said, the morphing weaponry in 5 has me giddy. Especially the Cerberus-esque weaponry. Crowd control is the ****.

Ah, I wasn't too partial to Vergil, but that's cuz I suck at him. >_<

Lucifer was alright. Gilgamesh, as you said, is pretty ****. And yeah, the weapon that Dante's got in DmC is awesome as all hell.

Pleasure

I'm hoping though that those aren't the only weapons he has throughout the entire game. If so, then that will be pretty disappointing. The guns seem pretty strong, and there were hints of Vergil's Summoned Swords at the end of the trailer. Hopefully the guns won't be as OPed though like in the first DMC. I literally beat every single boss in the game with only Ebony and Ivory.

'Course, if Capcom's following canon DMC lore, then Dante/Tony won't even have Ebony/Ivory yet.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm hoping though that those aren't the only weapons he has throughout the entire game. If so, then that will be pretty disappointing. The guns seem pretty strong, and there were hints of Vergil's Summoned Swords at the end of the trailer. Hopefully the guns won't be as OPed though like in the first DMC. I literally beat every single boss in the game with only Ebony and Ivory.

'Course, if Capcom's following canon DMC lore, then Dante/Tony won't even have Ebony/Ivory yet.

The guns were OP in DMC1? I remember them being strong in 2, but not 1.

Yeah, they do seem pretty strong, that's probably why they implemented the overheating feature.

Pleasure

I thought so, at least. Ebony and Ivory definitely. Griffon was easy as **** once I realized I could just take him down with them.

Yeah, it ties in with the whole storyline. The person who makes Dante's guns keeps commenting about how he breaks them due to the fact he fires them too fast, so the overheating feature makes sense.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I thought so, at least. Ebony and Ivory definitely. Griffon was easy as **** once I realized I could just take him down with them.

Yeah, it ties in with the whole storyline. The person who makes Dante's guns keeps commenting about how he breaks them due to the fact he fires them too fast, so the overheating feature makes sense.

I was cheap and Grenade-Rolled Griffon to death. XD

Yeah, now that I think of it, you're right. That's pretty cool of NT.

Pleasure

It's due to the fact that Dante keeps overheating them that the gunmaker eventually just makes Ebony and Ivory (before he dies), custom-made for the devil hunter, so I'd hope they'd at least get that right. I'm intrigued about this whole Matrix-esque theme with Inception highlights though; it reminds me, almost, of American McGee's Alice, so that's a pro.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's due to the fact that Dante keeps overheating them that the gunmaker eventually just makes Ebony and Ivory (before he dies), custom-made for the devil hunter, so I'd hope they'd at least get that right. I'm intrigued about this whole Matrix-esque theme with Inception highlights though; it reminds me, almost, of American McGee's Alice, so that's a pro.

Oh man, American McGee's Alice was the bomb. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom