• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you think is the best DMC game ever?

Best DMC game you have played and why.

• Dmc1

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Dmc2

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Dmc3

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Dmc4

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Well, I've played every DMC mentioned above and for me DMC3 is the best....
Why? because I feel liked I discovered a better Dante compared to the other ones but also the gameplay, the actions and the characters were awesome...The introduction of Vergil was an amazing idea.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Wouldn't this kind of topic be better placed in the Devil May Cry General Discussion part of the forum?

After all this is a DmC reboot section where we are only supposed to discuss the DmC reboot.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
^I thought that, but it's up to the Mods to move it.

DMC3... Special Edition... :D
I loved playing as Vergil. Plus, I loved running around Leviathan's Insides... all sticky and squelchy.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I picked 1, 3 and 4 I couldn't decide, I enjoyed 1 most but 3 is prob the best all round and 4 got me into the series so it will always be in my heart, but I wished I had picked 2 also but can't add a vote :( it will come last and because of that needs love, so everyone pick your fav and DMC 2 ;)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DMC1, it got me into the series, it was my favorite story, favorite weapons/moves, music, enemies you name it. DMC4 is a close second as it brought a lot of those elements and the general feel of the original back along with the badassery or a modern DMC game.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC3 SE and DMC4.
Best DMC games I've ever played. Also the only ones I've ever played.
Do I need to actually list why they're the best?
Okay! :D

DMC3:
-TWINS!!!!! (ahem...pardon me)
-Great story
-Random lulzwtf moments (giant flying whale comes to mind)
-Vergil
-Dante Topless Dante
-Beowulf
-Dark and gritty gothic setting
-JACKPOT!!! <3
-And it's got a lot of awesomesauce in it, on it, whatever. It's awesome. It needs no explanation. Awesome is awesome. Deal with it. ^_^

DMC4:
-Better graphics!
-The cutscenes (are to die for)
-There's a girl! And she's not flaunting her wears! HURRAH for decency!
-The love story <3 Cliché, but who cares?
-Nero :D
-The Devil Bringer (hell yeah)
-Red Queen
-Rebellion
-Yamato (I love me swords....shurrup)
-...Dante
-Creepy background music
-Giant toads
-Different styles on the go (especially abused Trickster, Swordmaster and Darkslayer)
-Save the girl! while the credits roll
-Kick Dante's butt :D
-Angelo Credo (is awesome to beat)
-Bloody Palace - LOVE playing through it with both Nero and Dante
-Dante gets a kick in the face - BOOJA! I can't get over that. It was an awesome kick. Well done, Nemo. :)
-The ranks, wayyyy cooler than DMC3's
-The higher levels - gimme moar demons, moar demons, moar!!!!

Jerry

I only played dmc3 and I'm planning to get 4 and reboot if it comes out for pc. I'm surprised people actually like dmc2. It has an overall low rating.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm surprised people actually like dmc2. It has an overall low rating.

I like the combat gameplay in DMC2.

But the low difficulty,slow gameplay,and level design is what really makes the game suffer IMO.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I only played dmc3 and I'm planning to get 4 and reboot if it comes out for pc. I'm surprised people actually like dmc2. It has an overall low rating.

The thing is, though, it's not a BAD game by any means. It's a bad DMC game (though it's my favorite, it doesn't mean the others aren't better) but it's not a bad GAME.

Asmodaius

I voted DMC2 due to its gameplay which I enjoyed very much, and because of having the possibility to play as Lucia who I also found myself playing as more than Dante, actually. Graphics and story wise it isn't the best game, but it definately wins a 1st place in my book due to the gameplay.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I've only played DMC3SE and DMC2 so i'm only saying 3 was the best because it made dante a compelling character for me and made me a dmc fan which hasn't been replicated so far but there is hope.
2 gets special notice since to me it had the coolest dante ever.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I think the bad press about the game is the reason why some fans avoid it. It's not my overall fave, but I prefer it to DMC4. I complete the game first time with Lucia. I loved her style of fighting. You'll never know how truly good or bad a game is until you play it yourself.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC2 is a bad game only if you play the others first because then you would see the difference. if you play it first like i did, you would think it was fine.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
it's a tie between DMC1 and 3.

1 had cooler enemies, weapons and environment. and it started the series
3 had better gameplay and Vergil. and i like the DMC3 version of Dante's personality more

to be more accurate my opinion is
1. DMC3:SE
2. DMC1
3. DMC3

making Vergil playable and balancing the difficulty better made the Special Edition version a bit better than the first game. if the Special Edition hadn't come out i would have just said DMC1 was the best (it would still have been very close)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I played DMC3 first. Then one, then 2. I pretty much bought them within a few days of each other. Unless my small mind is easily pleased, i really do like DMC2.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
It's really good to see that there are people voting for DMC 2 since it is a great, but very underrated game.
For me, the first DMC was the best one because it introduced me to this universe and no other DMC game could bring that dark and mysterious feeling that this game brought. (DMC2 got close to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom