• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what do we really know about kyrie?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
think about it. we know"

1. she is credo's sister
2. she loves Nero
3. she is not a coward but she can't fight.
4. she dresses modestly ( but would a religious community have any other type of clothing available. ( for all we know kyrie might dress like lady if she could go shopping somewhere outside of fortuna( it's not likely but we don't know. )

just a few facts. not enough to justify all the random hatred of kyrie.

she seems to be a kind, caring person who got caught up in a situation above what she can handle.

oh and if she spent a week outside of fortuna i bet she would start to act a little different. there aren't many bad influences in a place like fortuna. but just a few days with lady and Trish would be enough to introduce her to some interesting fashion choices.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
What we know about Kyrie?..... She is simply a worthless damsel in distress :lol:

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
AzureNight13;233599 said:
What we know about Kyrie?..... She is simply a worthless damsel in distress :lol:

what would you do if you were captured by a demon. ( the real you not a fantasy version that can fight demons). you would do a nothing at all except maybe scream for help because that would be your only option. not every female character in a game series can be a fighter. it makes no sense to hate kyrie for having the limits that tend to come with being human. sure lady's human and can fight minor demons. but 1. lady devoted her life to killing demons after the her father killed her mother in order to gain demonic power. she is the exception not the rule. and 2. kyrie wasn't captured by a minor demon. Agnus was only able to be killed by Dante.

did you miss that part early in the game where kyrie stepped in front of a demon to protect a child. she didn't accomplish much but she tried. she is physically no stronger or weaker than the average human. but she clearly has far more inner strength than most people can manage. she only seemed helpless because she was dealing with a demon. if a human had tried to do anything to her i doubt he would have been able to do much ( and not because of Nero)

you can reasonably insult kyrie after you win a fight against a demon ( or even a guy twice your size)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
In my DMC5 idea, Kyrie is a warrior type that uses blades sort of like Gloria used.

But you're right. We know next to nothing about her.

A bit of character development would be nice.

aka958

Don't trust people
In my version of DMC5 Kyrie dies a horrible death and Nero tries to avenge that. Hot headed as he is he fails his mission and dies in a fight against Vergil, who killed Kyrie.

I know nothing much about Kyrie. She didn't have many lines through the game except in the beginning and a little in the ending. Then through the rest of the game it's "NERO!" and a few moans, but she doesn't do much else, I even thought she was dead while in the Savior because of the lack of speech when Nero talked to her.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Considering what she is and we don't know much about her....I don't mind her and I usually hate characters like that. They obviously got something right?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;233670 said:
In my version of DMC5 Kyrie dies a horrible death and Nero tries to avenge that. Hot headed as he is he fails his mission and dies in a fight against Vergil, who killed Kyrie.

I know nothing much about Kyrie. She didn't have many lines through the game except in the beginning and a little in the ending. Then through the rest of the game it's "NERO!" and a few moans, but she doesn't do much else, I even thought she was dead while in the Savior because of the lack of speech when Nero talked to her.

That would be a crap ending to a character with a lot of potential... Both Kyrie and Nero.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
my game ideas try to add more to those two. one of my ideas ( dmczero3) shows Nero and kyrie as kids. and i plan on making both of them important in my dmc5 idea. but i wont turn kyrie into another fighter it doesn't seem like a good way to develop her personality and my idea already has three different human women fighting alongside Dante so there is no need for me to change kyrie into another one. she has her own role.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Aside from the whole DID (Damsel In Distress) scenarios, I do believe she is very intelligent, kind and of course strong in her own way. I read a really great FanFic with her in it, and I thought it was great how the author portrayed her. *Tries finding the fic* Ah, I'll have to post it here someday. XD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^Is the author Night Companion by any chance? :)

aka958;233670 said:
Then through the rest of the game it's "NERO!" and a few moans
Err....why do I not have this version of the game?!? It sounds..well...*insert evil inappropriate laugh here*

What we know of Kyrie is that she's Nero's girl, and they're quite new to the romance scene considering their interactions with one another (Nero being all nervous and weird when he sees she's wearing his gift, his awkward/shy reaction at the end when she holds his hand, and the fact that he didn't just comfortably jump in there for that kiss but took his time - and got stalled but that's besides the point).
A lot of people think she's older than Nero. She's the picture perfect portrait of a conservative good girl.
She's insane. (jumping in front of that demon in the beginning to protect a little sobbing nerd - really my little brother used to cry like that when he'd lose a game when he was waaayyyy younger).
She's brave. (see reason for her insanity)
She's a singer.
She's not easily influenced, and will stand her ground. If she was easily traumatised she would have been shrieking 'NEEEEERROOOOOOOO' every time she saw him, or she would have been crying or had signs that she's been crying. She didn't cave in to the Order's wishes either, which is why I think she was unconscious in some of the scenes. Knocked out, maybe? I mean she's not easily scared off. I still think the reason why she was the one dragging that heavy ass sword to Nero in the Opera House was because it's NERO'S sword and SHE'S his girl and WANTED to be the one to bring it to him. Not 'because Credo requested it'. I mean, did anyone notice the look on Credo's face when he glimpsed Kyrie dragging the thing? In a society where women are probably meant to be quiet and weak and obedient, I think Kyrie is a stubborn one with a will of her own. Which is why Credo only gave a look (he might as well have rolled his eyes) and said nothing to her about doing a man's job.
Also, Kyrie won't back down from a 'fight'. She wasn't impressed with Nero wanting to run off in the middle of the service right at the start, and she'd even gotten up to follow him and probably drag him back to his seat, despite Nero's annoyed and blunt attitude. I don't think she ever instigates trouble or looks for confrontation, but I don't think she'll back down when she knows she can make a difference either.
And she does have a good build on her. I'm happy they covered her up. She was just too curvy to show her off with taste.
Um....we know that she and Nero were living together since her family adopted him, and him being Credo's subordinate it means he must have spent a lot of time with Credo (and his family) while he was trained to be a knight.
I'm guessing that Kyrie possibly fell for Nero a long time ago but didn't really voice it until the attack that had him risking his life (and winning a stuffed up arm) to save hers.
And I think Kyrie is very loyal to those closest to her. She loved Nero but she still sided with Credo when she walked in on that fight, but when it was revealed that Nero was a 'demon' (you can't even call him that, poor kid) she was afraid of him yes but she didn't outright reject him either. I think if the science geek wasn't there, she probably would have heard Nero out to explain what was going on.
Seeing as she was quite calm and happy to see him the next time they saw each other, I think she was smart enough to put all the puzzle pieces together to figure out what was going on.

I also think Kyrie is in love with Dante. I dunno, she kind of kept her distance from him right at the end, possibly to evade any jealousy sprouting from Nero. It might be because he made her hyperventilate in the Opera House right at the beginning, and her fangirl moment is what Nero mistook for terror? :lol: Well, what? Dante was CLEARLY enjoying her fangirling. Didn't you see the smug look on his face, the eye contact, the 'yeah I'm hot and you know you want me' face?

I'm just kidding in my last paragraph, for anyone who doesn't know my sense of humour. >.<

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
she's Nero's girl...XD dats all i got :p

Darth Angelo;233840 said:
And she has quite large bosoms. But she hides them respectively.

DOA could learn a thing or two :lol:
btw, didn't mean it like that o_O

Darius Blakhart;286693 said:
she is a super cute modest church girl...reminds me of most of my female friends

ditto, minus church girl

aka958;233670 said:
I'm just kidding in my last paragraph, for anyone who doesn't know my sense of humour. >.<

:lol: love ur sense of humor...reminds me of me ^_^

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
AzureNight13;233599 said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

I have nothing against the girl. Infact she's cute as a button and can sing very well, but I found no true connection for her part in the story, but just as an object to the order to get Nero's attention. Nothing more.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
VI-Rainbow;289548 said:
LOLOLOLOLOL

I have nothing against the girl. Infact she's cute as a button and can sing very well, but I found no true connection for her part in the story, but just as an object to the order to get Nero's attention. Nothing more.

like Chris Thorndyke in Sonic X... :dry:

Top Bottom