• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did you think of ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
I meant consistent throughout the game, not in relation to past versions. I like that better than DT's changing depending on what weapon he's using. Like I said, this makes more sense to me. It really has little to do with my opinion of Dante himself.

moseslmpg

Why does it make more sense for his DT to stay the same if he is using the essences of other demons? The implication isn't that it changes his blood, but it filters his natural, base DT which I think we saw with DMC3 and DMC2 Dante. You can confirm the filtering effect by noting how the DMC3 and DMC DTs were variations on a theme, rather than radically different from each other. The only reason his DT shouldn't change in a game that makes sense is if he is not using DAs with demons inside them.

As for his DT getting upgraded with all those extra effects, did you mean it upgrades along with each game or it upgrades slowly in one game?

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
I guess I won't be able to successfully explain what I mean, though I didn't think it was that complicated...?

I see the DT as just part of Dante rather than what weapon he uses. If I may make a reference - something like Abel's Crusnik form in Trinity Blood. I don't think what he has equipped should change the physical appearance of his DT, devil arm or no. In DMC4 it was this way and I liked it. That's all.

I had the idea that the upgrades depend on the player I'd think. As he collects weapons/souls/powers, he could unlock these things. Like buying abilities for his styles and weapons. Buy special effects and abilities for the DT (with orbs) that are unlocked or made available based on the weapons he's gathered.

moseslmpg

The idea when Dante DTs is that he is using the power of that DA to give him other powers, and that is what changes his DT appearance. It isn't changing his base DT, but just like modifying it so some of the powers of the DT can shine through.

I can understand what you mean but I think it would be boring if Dante had just one DT, especially if it was ugly like in DMC4. Then again, if they have a DT like in DMC2, it might not be so bad. Maybe they could make it so that after you beat the game, you can have a DT costume selection, where you can choose the appearance of the DT throughout the game. That would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom