• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did you all think of nero?

How did you feel about Nero?

• Loved him

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Hated him

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • don't care

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, he looked and acted almost entirely like Dante and spent most of the game chasing his cardboard cutout love interest, a DMC game based on a love story isn't a DMC game at all.

It seems Capcom pulled a Hideo Kojima mockery on us by replacing the much loved, main character with a character who's only motivation can be described as whipped.

So frankly, I hated him, Nero was about as deep as a puddle for me and had a character motivation plucked entirely out of the "Generic Hero Motivation Guide."

Sparda™

Angelo Credo;92299 said:
Well, he looked and acted almost entirely like Dante and spent most of the game chasing his cardboard cutout love interest, a DMC game based on a love story isn't a DMC game at all.

It seems Capcom pulled a Hideo Kojima mockery on us by replacing the much loved, main character with a character who's only motivation can be described as whipped.

So frankly, I hated him, Nero was about as deep as a puddle for me and had a character motivation plucked entirely out of the "Generic Hero Motivation Guide."

I couldn't be more right. Why adding a character which purpose and personality are the same as Dante - a replica, a clone of him. Personally, Devil May Cry 4 failed to bring a fresh new character.

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
I hate that bloody Nero as you all know !!! Plus I hate love stories, lovey dovey crap. I play games to kill and destroy. Thats what ruined DMC4's storyline for me.

Kalimah

fallen idol
honestly i didnt know if i would like nero or not...but after playing through the game...even though i love dante, when i finally got to the mission where you play as dante, i found myself kinda missing nero...devil bringer is awesome...

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
I can't believe that some of you think that Nero is a clone of Dante. Never heard such blasphemy in my life. But anyways...

Nero is pretty bad@ss IMO. But not as bad@ss as Dante or Vergil;]. I like him and personally I thinks hes a pretty good addition do the DMC family.

Sparda™

PorKYkinG;92340 said:
I can't believe that some of you think that Nero is a clone of Dante. Never heard such blasphemy in my life. But anyways...

Nero is pretty bad@ss IMO. But not as bad@ss as Dante or Vergil;]. I like him and personally I thinks hes a pretty good addition do the DMC family.

Everyone has its tastes.

I don't think Nero is an original addition to the series, but just a mere clone. Capcom promised us a fresh new character. He's Sparda's descendant, has his blood, is linked to the Yamato....I hope they don't leave Vergil out just because of...this......o_O

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Loved him! I even prefer Nero to Dante nowadays - everything about Nero just oozes leetness. ^_^

Vergil still happens to be my favourite, though; Vergil > Nero > Dante

I can't wait to *hopefully* learn more about Nero in Devil May Cry 5.

Logan

Dark Slayer
All in all. I liked him. I dont think he was a clone of Dante. Though he did have many similarities. As a playable character he was awesome maybe even a little bit more fun to play than Dante partly because of the Devil Bringer.

If I had one thing to say against Nero it would be to stop shouting Kyrie so damn much. Man that ticked me off!

slapsus

As any DMC game. this 1 is awysome :p... Dante is the veteran, but Nero is still badass and i'd love to see him in the next games :p

Personally i like all 3 of 'em but I can't choose between Dante and Nero cos they're both f**king awsome :pirate:

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
devilmaycry;92374 said:
Loved him!
I can't wait to *hopefully* learn more about Nero in Devil May Cry 5.

Thats my nightmare to be forced by Capcom to play through another Devilmaycry game as this sham ( Nero ) how can anyone like a copycat ? ( I bloody hate them in real-life as well ) Hopefully Nero gets corrupted by not being strong enough to handle Yamato and ends up a punch-bag / boss for Dante in Devilmaycry 5.It might be even better if Nero never appeared or was mentioned in a game unless Capcom said he was run over by a bus at the intro to Devilmaycry 5. HA,HA, Die Nero scum HA, HA.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Personally, I liked Nero. He did look alot like Dante, that was stupid. It was like the people at Devil may cry all decided not to strain themselves by being creative, again.....

As for his generic love story, Devil may cry never had a great story never will. At least Nero never had the stupid "Light!!!!"
scene, lamest DMC moment ever goes to Dante for that.:lol:

His devilbringer was a cool weapon(It's a weapon right?) as was RedQueen, I enjoyed playing with him. But as for him as a character, I think I'll wait until DMC5 before judgeing him completely.

I think he is a good addition to this game.:lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I think more than anything, to make up for this mockery, DMC 5 should be segregated into two seperate games, one for those who like this replica-of-Dante Nero character, and another so we can learn a little more about Vergil's backstory.

DMC3:SE made it for me just because you could play as Vergil, but the downside was the lack of a story for him, at least if Nero is to be included in DMC 5, give us the option of playing through the game with Dante first and his story, and then with that completion, unlocking Nero and Vergil's story!

God how I honestly hated Nero, I hate his character motivation and the fact that he's a mixed up copy of Dante and Vergil, his limited move set irritated me as well, there is so little variety with Nero, he's just an awful character, in no way is he fresh, original or anything that Capcom promised...I'd much rather have to play through with Dante again in the next game, or have the entire 5th game dedicated to Vergil.

Vergil_Yamato

Dante Aseroth;92358 said:
Everyone has its tastes.

I don't think Nero is an original addition to the series, but just a mere clone. Capcom promised us a fresh new character. He's Sparda's descendant, has his blood, is linked to the Yamato....I hope they don't leave Vergil out just because of...this......o_O

I bloody hope they dont leave vergil out i like nero but vergil is like 100X cooler

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I still think Nero deserves more credit than that.

I did like Dante with Yamato better, you get it as a permanent weapon and can use rebellion at the same time!

How come Nero can pull out Yamato anytime during a cut scene, but only gets it limitedly in DT during gameplay?

Sparda™

Bladesofhell;92402 said:
I still think Nero deserves more credit than that.

I did like Dante with Yamato better, you get it as a permanent weapon and can use rebellion at the same time!

How come Nero can pull out Yamato anytime during a cut scene, but only gets it limitedly in DT during gameplay?

Nero, with all the credit he got, deserved less.

The Yamato is Vergil's signature weapon.

NEROROCKS

HI I am a new member to this forum, and i have felt compelled to join cause i am sick of some of the rubbish about Nero.

I loved Nero since the minute i saw him, he is not a copy, clone or imitation of Dante he is a new fresh addition to the game.

Let's face it half the posts on here aren't about to understand him when they still think he's a reincarnation of Sparda or Vergil. Listen and take in the story some of you out there and you might understand him a bit better.

As for the love story, have any of you out there ever had someone you care about that much taken away from you and never thought you'd see them again, especially when he hadn't ever got to tell her how much he loves her. We're not talking about being abducted by local thugs here we're talking about full on demons. Nero knows what they are capable of, especially when he had a run in with Agnus on mission 6, so i think he is justified in worrying about her, if you think of all the times he shouts her name she is always in danger.

Last but not least, i have seen on this forum before that when people of said things about Dante they have been warned about it, so can we not have immature comments about him being run over you're just showing how childish and immature you are.

Sorry my first post is a rant and i look forward to chatting to all you great guys out there who love the game and understand it.

Top Bottom