• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did Tameem do to make everyone hate him?

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I think the most he said was '****ed off' or something....unless that was DMC4? But I'm sure he said it. Also in the anime he said f--ck a bit. Does that count?
And in the manga, he seems to go to that strip place. Or is that not cannon?:/

As for DmC Dante, he swears a bit during the succubus fight, then during Kat's SWAT beatup. Those are the major ones I remember. Mayabe there are more.....
But it's not like swearing is such a big deal. People do it in real life....okay, not to the extent he does, but you get the idea.^_^

And DmC Dante didn't literally have sex every 2 seconds either....he'd get tired out. :p I'm more grossed out by Mundus and Lilith. Oh, and he has a bit of a fu-k fest too. Or is that alright because he's the bad guy?
i think he also swears when he gets hit in the first mission

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
-He said old Dante wasn't cool anymore.
-He said Bayonetta wasn't cool at all.
-People think he made new dante after his image.
-He was born apparently.
-His response to the angry fanboys who kept bothering him. ("I don't care.")
-Fans don't know how to respect opinions anyway.

Pretty much these things.
-Bayonetta isn't cool.
-They did make the new Dante after his image, You can tell who they modelled the character after through the stages of development.He ended up being modelled after Tim Phillips (to a degree, yea) in the final stages.
-He decided to take one for the team. If it wasn't Tameem, it would have been someone else.
-I thought his response was funny :(

People hated Tameem because he didn't deliver up to their 'standards'. It's not a personal attack.

AlchemistFromEden

-Bayonetta isn't cool.
-They did make the new Dante after his image, You can tell who they modelled the character after through the stages of development.He ended up being modelled after Tim Phillips (to a degree, yea) in the final stages.
-He decided to take one for the team. If it wasn't Tameem, it would have been someone else.
-I thought his response was funny :(

People hated Tameem because he didn't deliver up to their 'standards'. It's not a personal attack.
THEY NEVER MODELLED DANTE AFTER HIM, ITS CALLED, COINCIDENCE

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Yeah, Talexi's art for the game is brilliant, I often find myself flicking through them all now and then because they're just so damn engaging.

And 12 pages? 'grats, Tammy. You're famous.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

No. Tameen said that he made his hair cut to look like new Dante's. I don't know why he would do that, but he did, and got blasted for it.

No. Tameen said that he made his hair cut to look like new Dante's. I don't know why he would do that, but he did, and got blasted for it.
Um, Because he was excited about the project, why do people dress up as Dante because they're fans and they're showing their love for it. I assume he did it for the same reason, he was excited about the project. Seriously though, I still don't understand some of the hatred and venom that spews towards the guy, he seems like a cool dude, and in all the videos I've seen he seems humble enough. That's why I always ask for some proof of some the accusations that are leveled against the guy.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Well, what didn't help was that some of the art crew had made a comment that they tended to base initial designs on people around the office, so while Tameem did not actively say "base him on me", there was still an influance when you look at that early design. And then when Tam-tam got the flipover fauxhawk...

DragonMaster2010

Um, Because he was excited about the project, why do people dress up as Dante because they're fans and they're showing their love for it. I assume he did it for the same reason, he was excited about the project. Seriously though, I still don't understand some of the hatred and venom that spews towards the guy, he seems like a cool dude, and in all the videos I've seen he seems humble enough. That's why I always ask for some proof of some the accusations that are leveled against the guy.

Cause he's making DmC.

DragonMaster2010

Well, what didn't help was that some of the art crew had made a comment that they tended to base initial designs on people around the office, so while Tameem did not actively say "base him on me", there was still an influance when you look at that early design. And then when Tam-tam got the flipover fauxhawk...
\I actually liked the flip over fauxhawk. You don't see many game designers have that.

I see that sorta happen though in many games, the artists tend to pay respect to the lead designer in some way, in the new tomb raider, I swear Roth your mentor looks like the guy they have out promoting the game all the time.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I see that sorta happen though in many games, the artists tend to pay respect to the lead designer in some way, in the new tomb raider, I swear Roth your mentor looks like the guy they have out promoting the game all the time.
Yeah but why not just have Tameem pop out and say "Toasty!" when you get an SSS combo,

THAT is how you make a nod to developers.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Or the art guys thought that it'd be fun to design Dante's placeholder look on Tameem until they got things more concrete since Capcom had rejected their first very much CLASSIC Dante design.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is what I'm saying.

Top Bottom