• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did Tameem do to make everyone hate him?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So what do you expect him to say in interviews when those questions come up?
"i dont care about the fans who call me a fag and add nothing else to the discussion"

"I like the gameplay of bayonetta but never got into the character or felt invested in her struggles"

"Dante wasnt cool in DMC4 because he felt like he was trying too hard to be cool and he didnt feel like he cared about the events around him which took me out of the story."

AlchemistFromEden

"i dont care about the fans who call me a fag and add nothing else to the discussion"

"I like the gameplay of bayonetta but never got into the character or felt invested in her struggles"

"Dante wasnt cool in DMC4 because he felt like he was trying too hard to be cool and he didnt feel like he cared about the events around him which took me out of the story."
"oh he didn't say what he said exactly the way i would've said it therefore he's wrong" that's not the way the world works kid

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Have you been reading my mind lately?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

34168194.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Have you been reading my mind lately?
maybe. the last one feels editorialized tho:'(

I dont think he willfully insulted the fans, he just jumped the gun, put his foot in his mouth and made a bad situation worse. It was bad situation regardless of his statements.

"oh he didn't say what he said exactly the way i would've said it therefore he's wrong" that's not the way the world works kid
how about you stop putting words in my mouth? ok ?

Dragonmaster asked a question, I provided an answer.

Problem is tameem didn't think before he spoke and didn't use the situation to his advantage. I empathize with his plight but he was in a position to bridge a gap between the fans and their vision better because NT was a unknown quantity. Had he been more careful with his statements, he would have made a better first impression.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I dont think he willfully insulted the fans, he just jumped the gun, put his foot in his mouth and made a bad situation worse. It was bad situation regardless of his statements.

Problem is tameem didn't think before he spoke and didn't use the situation to his advantage. I empathize with his plight but he was in a position to bridge a gap between the fans and their vision better because NT was a unknown quantity. Had he been more careful with his statements, he would have made a better first impression.

Yeah he did come off to brash, but this was his first time dealing with all this, so he'll probably learn better. Its like your use to not being super popular and are able to say what you want, but this is a big fanbase you're in and he didn't know that different rules apply to different places.

AlchemistFromEden

it would've been impossible to expect fans not to take whatever he said out of context, especially considering that for more than half the most common quotes that people try to use against his credibility, there is no video of it, so saying, "he didn't think before he spoke" is just you making a baseless assumption

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Saying Dante wasn't cool or Bayonetta is a bad character isn't insulting fans. Why the hell was it interpreted as some kind of insult is beyond me. Quite frankly Dante was never cool anyway if you ask me and Bayonetta is an ugly and unlikable character. I don't think anyone should play white knight to these fictional characters who can be ridiculed very easily and aren't the holy golden characters you think they are. You know why Dante is easy to insult? Look at him, it's too damn easy.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Why are you people talking about DMC4 Dante as if he's the strongest...? DMC2 Dante is the one at the end of the timeline :p

Technically DMC2 Dante is the strongest....its unknown how old he is in 2 but he is definitely older than DMC4 who was in his mid 30's.

Its like this is terms of power.

DMC3 Dante at the beginning: Didn't had DT just healing and supernatural durability, could get his ass kicked by Vergil
DMC3 Dante in the mid: Earned DT, had super speed, insane healing, higher durability, and supernatural strength, is on par with Vergil
DMC3 Dante at the end: More stronger as he finally finds his resolve (cuz a true hero never really becomes powerful til they develop a resolution or goal) and could own Vergil (albeit Vergil did lose a bit due to his own mishaps)

DMC1 Dante: Possibly stronger than his DMC3 self but more mature. Could tank anything like a boss and only showed fatigued at the end after whooping Mundus's ass (twice). He only lost to Nelo (Vergil) due to him being cocky.

DMC4 Dante: Never showed off his full potential and easily owned a kid who took down a God (a false God though) and a guy who fought with an awakened Sparda. In the manga (written by the same guy who wrote DMC4) Dante admits Nero in terms of brute power is better than him (Dante was just that good). Dante owned everyone in that game without even giving a f*ck.

DMC2 Dante: He took down everyone and everything like they were cake. Nothing phased him at all not even the 2nd Demon God Argosax, who he owned like a boss and he did it with ease and wasn't even tired at the end (even Bayonetta got tired after facing Balder and Jubileus). Nothing but pure skill and badassness...no Sword of Sparda Power Up, no unshakable resolve, no random (NOW I'M MOTIVATED SO I CAN'T LOSE MOMENT), not of that. He went in there and f*ck **** up like he was unstoppable and not only that he has the most OP DT in all of the games and not including Majin Form which should be called "God Mode" since he is untouchable in that form. DMC2 was too easy because Dante was too OP and that he went to the Demon World. I would definitely like to see a DMC2 sequel where Dante just goes to the UnderWorld and cause mayhem and hell (under a new leader after Dante owned their past 2 ones) just send their entire army and their best demons and Dante just go ham (meanwhile Nero, Trish, and co. is in the human world doing something story relevant).

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
He never said Dante wasn't cool. He basically said "what was cool back then isn't cool anymore," which is him saying "Times have changed" in a way which gave his pr team a headache.

I have to agree with him. Crazy pizza parties aren't that cool. DMC1 Dante will always be cool because he wasn't a show off, but every other Dantes? Not really.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
He never said Dante wasn't cool. He basically said "what was cool back then isn't cool anymore," which is him saying "Times have changed" in a way which gave his pr team a headache.

I have to agree with him. Crazy pizza parties aren't that cool. DMC1 Dante will always be cool because he wasn't a show off, but every other Dantes? Not really.

He said what was cool 12 years ago (DMC1 was 12....I mean 10 years ago when he said that comment) isn't cool now. He basically said Dante starting for the first game isn't cool anymore....plus no characters nowadays says cheesy one liners like "flock off feather face" or "Let's rock" THAT isn't cool anymore.

Plus, Tameem is a hypocrite considering he used influences/ideas from decade old movies like They Live and more to develop and write the story and character (especially Dante) as well as basing Dante on the Rock or whatever movement in the 1990's or some time period like that. So he says something 10 years ago isn't cool anymore but uses stuff 12 years ago and beyond to make it seem more modern and hip.

Spell it with me folks. H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

He said what was cool 12 years ago (DMC1 was 12....I mean 10 years ago when he said that comment) isn't cool now. He basically said Dante starting for the first game isn't cool anymore....plus no characters nowadays says cheesy one liners like "flock off feather face" or "Let's rock" THAT isn't cool anymore.

Plus, Tameem is a hypocrite considering he used influences/ideas from decade old movies like They Live and more to develop and write the story and character (especially Dante) as well as basing Dante on the Rock or whatever movement in the 1990's or some time period like that. So he says something 10 years ago isn't cool anymore but uses stuff 12 years ago and beyond to make it seem more modern and hip.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control

There's a huge difference between taking influence from pop culture and expressing your opinion on what's "cool." personally, defining "cool" is very stupid and "cool" itself is a subjective thing.

Dante is based off 70s punk such as the Sex Pistols or even Billy Idol, fyi

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
There's a huge difference between taking influence from pop culture and expressing your opinion on what's "cool." personally, defining "cool" is very stupid and "cool" itself is a subjective thing.

Dante is based off 70s punk such as the Sex Pistols or even Billy Idol, fyi
You spelled Donte wrong

Top Bottom