• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did Tameem do to make everyone hate him?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You don't know this, but this Greekgod guy in particular was known to harass and troll Antoniades' twitter constantly. He uses the same name for YT and other blogs, and he's constantly bad mouthing them. So I don't quite agree with you saying that it was in poor form of him to respond this way, especially when this guy in particular harasses him constantly.

It just sounds like you're trying to make this into some sort of anti-consumer action. When it clearly isn't.

Anyway, I'm curious if you think Hideki Kamiya's twitter responses fall under poor pr. Cause he goes as far as insulting people for asking him simple or poorly thought out questions.

And also - Tameem's response wasn't even to that comment posted to go with it. Tameem was responding to a video of Dante just spamming Angel Lift between enemies to stay airborne, and saying that the game needed to be fixed because you shouldn't be able to stay in the air that long. The "don't have a fix for face-palming until you bleed" response was because of the absurdity of complaining about a mechanic in game that was working just as it was supposed to.

NostalgicRobotX

But does Kat really bother anyone? Is she somehow objectifying women? She's not stripping, she's not wearing ridiculous outfits, she just looks rather normal. She has a little cleavage exposed but it doesn't seem like it's over doing it. Just go out in public and there are girls that walk around bearing just as much skin as she's bearing and no one's really flipping out. If Kat was walking the streets in the real world I don't think she'd attract too much awkward attention. Now girls like Trish out and about would look like they're working the streets.
That's irrelevant and you missed my point. I have no opinion one way or the other in regards to the objectivity of Kat, it comes down to different standards and guidelines, and I have absolutely no way to argue with it from any form of objective standpoint.

Your comparison to characters in old(and may I stress: completely unrelated) lore and design is not, and will never promote any kind of reasonable objective debate or discussion. It's an argument that will lead you nowhere because it stems from nowhere. The central point that he is making is that Tameem lied about character pandering, Tameem has 0 involvement in any DMC before this one, so bringing in past characters is beyond the point of redundancy. I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but that argument doesn't have any solid ground in relation to the thread so you should hastily drop it.

You don't know this, but this Greekgod guy in particular was known to harass and troll Antoniades' twitter constantly. He uses the same name for YT and other blogs, and he's constantly bad mouthing them. So I don't quite agree with you saying that it was in poor form of him to respond this way, especially when this guy in particular harasses him constantly.

Not surprised in the slightest, which I why I expressed that in that context it looks bad, which is the point. There is zero excuse for him to respond that way regardless, and it most definitely is an example of poor response and bad PR. Lots of people respond in ways like that, it's easy to let emotions get to you, but that has never been an excuse.

It just sounds like you're trying to make this into some sort of anti-consumer action. When it clearly isn't.
I'm going to need a bit more context than this to even consider forming a defensive response, I will assure you that this is not my intention and I am sorry you have misunderstood.

Anyway, I'm curious if you think Hideki Kamiya's twitter responses fall under poor pr. Cause he goes as far as insulting people for asking him simple or poorly thought out questions.
Off topic, and completely irrelevant to the discussion we are currently having. For clarification, I do think Kamiya is also terrible at PR, and I am genuinely confused that Platinum has been supportive of his statements on twitter.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Ever read some Wicca books before? My friend's mom is a Wicca and she has a collection of these old books and I think Pagan stuff too. They got some crazy sh!t in those books so quite frankly I wasn't surprised.

Funny you say that, yeah, i've read some of that stuff before so i do find it odd when people put the spotlight on the semen thing in a negative light because... well... i find it an interesting addition and i would like to think it implies that Kat did alot of research ya know?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Funny you say that, yeah, i've read some of that stuff before so i do find it odd when people put the spotlight on the semen thing in a negative light because... well... i find it an interesting addition and i would like to think it implies that Kat did alot of research ya know?
Well substances like animal semen were used in those kinds of practices so if anything that scene just stayed true to the source material lol.

8BitHero

Scrub
It's really weird that we saw scenes of Dante having sex with girls, but we never saw those "horrible" scenes of Dante being totured by demons as kid. Unless your consider demons trying to kill him (similar to DMC games where any demon would try to kill Dante) is him being totured.

You show the scenes of sex. But you dont show the totures scene or the scenes where Dante was treated badly by demons when he was a kid?

And no, obviously they used sex to make him appealing as character:
http://p.ganyou.com/attachment/image/2012/01/07/113410567.jpg
I would take a guess that I'm on your block list, but how do you defend this?
If you don't know what I'm talking about:
Lyrics
First I whip it out. Then I thrust it. With great force! Every angle..! It penetrates! Until..! With great strength! I.. ram it in! In the end, we are all satisfied, and you are set free.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's really weird that we saw scenes of Dante having sex with girls, but we never saw those "horrible" scenes of Dante being totured by demons as kid. Unless your consider demons trying to kill him (similar to DMC games where any demon would try to kill Dante) is him being totured.

You show the scenes of sex. But you dont show the totures scene or the scenes where Dante was treated badly by demons when he was a kid?

And no, obviously they used sex to make him appealing as character:
http://p.ganyou.com/attachment/image/2012/01/07/113410567.jpg

The torture happened a lot when he was a kid, and I'm not really sure any game company is okay with depicting violence like that. Sorta like how in MGR they had to do some different camera work to not show Raiden cutting a child in half. The tolerance for the depictions of sexuality or child endangerment are...odd, but that's just the way it is :/

We were told all about that stuff in memories and all that, and the 2010 announcement trailer showed us a bit of the psychological crap he went through. And I don't really see what's so "obvious" about that picture that's supposed to evoke any sort of feelings or opinions in me that he's "super awesome for having chicks fawn around him." It's promo art...that depicts elements of the game, namely his hedonistic lifestyle, of being loved but not loving in return.

That's what concept and promotional artwork does - it's a depiction of elements they represent, of intended ideas. I see no "Like this guy because he's got chicks hanging around him." If that was their intention, there are several things they would have done differently with it, especially Dante's body language. Artists probably know what I'm talking about :p

But hey, if you see objectification there because you want there to be, there's not much I can do about it, other than tell you how foolish it sounds...

Lyrics

The whole of Dante's playthrough was light hearted and generally non-serious so I wouldn't say that's offensive in any way. It's just FFFFFFF---FFFF---Fun! Dante being Dante.

Thanks for reminding me how great the cut scenes are when you're playing as Dante.

Frantix

And also - Tameem's response wasn't even to that comment posted to go with it. Tameem was responding to a video of Dante just spamming Angel Lift between enemies to stay airborne, and saying that the game needed to be fixed because you shouldn't be able to stay in the air that long. The "don't have a fix for face-palming until you bleed" response was because of the absurdity of complaining about a mechanic in game that was working just as it was supposed to.

That too. It's just a shame he gave into all the bullshit and closed his twitter account.

Not surprised in the slightest, which I why I expressed that in that context it looks bad, which is the point. There is zero excuse for him to respond that way regardless, and it most definitely is an example of poor response and bad PR. Lots of people respond in ways like that, it's easy to let emotions get to you, but that has never been an excuse.

I'm going to need a bit more context than this to even consider forming a defensive response, I will assure you that this is not my intention and I am sorry you have misunderstood.

Off topic, and completely irrelevant to the discussion we are currently having. For clarification, I do think Kamiya is also terrible at PR, and I am genuinely confused that Platinum has been supportive of his statements on twitter.
As Two x Cross mentioned, he was responding to the video content, not the person in particular. But even if he did, I don't see how it should be wrong. It's just another case of people wanting to ding him on his performance.
And the comparison is very relevant. We're talking about Twitter discourse and PR here. The only differences are that they're two different people from different companies. One person has been antagonized by an angry and bitter fan base, and the other is from a dev that these same fans have gravitated to. I think Kamiya is a brilliant designer, but his interactions certainly make him look petty and quite frankly xenophobic towards westerners. Yet people love him for it.
Look, if Antoniades said "Eat ****", "ask your mom", or "**** off" (all Kamiya quotes); then people would be livid. But when Kamiya does it, it's hilarious and funny. So with that said, I don't find anything wrong with how Antoniades handled that guy.

IncarnatedDemon

Lyrics
Your not on my block list. I sensed that your only replying to me to just defend DmC and Tameem without even being cool about it. That is my opinion, and because of it i choosed to ignore your post.

I will adress your quote since it's a short one.

DMC 4 creators
Nor Hideki Kamiya and other key members in creation of DMC and its character Dante , HAS NOT said anything like Tameem has:
“I’ve nothing against big tits – I’d rather have my head resting on a pair right now – but if you’re going to try and stimulate someone on different levels, there’s better ways to do it. If you look at the stars in movies, the women people find really attractive are often not the ones with the biggest tits. You’ve got to be attractive on a different level.
“We did that in Enslaved with Trip. People loved her, not because she had big breasts and high heels, but because she felt like someone who could be your girlfriend. That to me is more attractive than a prostitute walking around with a big gun. Not to demean prostitutes.”
My point is the hypocrisy, not the fact that there is sexualization in DmC. He said one thing, then he goes and contradicts himself with Dante's sexualization.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Woah woah woah woah...woah...f#cking what?

Dante's sex life was to make him a likable character...?

It couldn't have had anything to do with the hedonistic lifestyle he chose to live because he felt he wasn't going to be living for a very long time? Because he's hassled relentlessly by demons? And he used violence and promiscuity as a way to vent those frustrations of knowing his life was most likely shorter than most?

That is just...so...so dumb >_<
Agree with that completely. It was to show how badly his life had gone, that he had to drown his problems like that because he couldn't remember having real love and had to put up with demons hunting him down. He thought he should do waht he wanted because he was going to die, so pack as much living in as possible.
Honestly, I pity him that he lived like that. No real love, just buying it with hooker types, drowning his problems in drink and no real friends that we know of.

So if sex was used to make Dante likeable....does this mean the same for Mundus:lol: I mean, at least we didn't see Dante bending a chick over a table and banging her doggy style.

IncarnatedDemon

Agree with that completely. It was to show how badly his life had gone, that he had to drown his problems like that because he couldn't remember having real love and had to put up with demons hunting him down. He thought he should do waht he wanted because he was going to die, so pack as much living in as possible.
Honestly, I pity him that he lived like that. No real love, just buying it with hooker types, drowning his problems in drink and no real friends that we know of.

So if sex was used to make Dante likeable....does this mean the same for Mundus:lol: I mean, at least we didn't see Dante bending a chick over a table and banging her doggy style.
Not a single time did i pity Dante. Where do you get these depressing themes from? And last i checked he was smiling when the girls was stripping.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Depicting Dante's sex life is not the same as sexualization.

Like...at all. Sexualization would be like the majority of Bayonetta's content. Sexualization is meant to arouse (pun intended) a specific reaction in viewers for the purpose of provocative sexuality.

Dante takes home some ladies for a night of promiscuous fun, which shows his hedonistic nature. Bayonetta does...so many things with a heavy sexual overtone that pretty much just incites amorousness. And...absurdity. So much absurdity >.<

Look, if Dane was supposed to be sexualized to make people like him, wouldn't all his sexual exploits been depicted in a very different light? Wouldn't the game have had more advertisement of his character based around his sex life? If I was going to sexualize a character and want them to be seen as such, that is exactly what I would have done. "Sex sells," as they say, but sex is certainly not what DmC was selling...

Frantix

My point is the hypocrisy, not the fact that there is sexualization in DmC. He said one thing, then he goes and contradicts himself with Dante's sexualization.

I don't quite follow you. Are you saying the threesome Dante had with the dancers was the hypocrisy? Or Kat's portrayal. If it's the former, than there's nothing wrong with what he said, as the dancers were secondary characters and were there to illustrate his vagrant and bachelor lifestyle. They were shallow characters that served no other purpose that show how shallow his lifestyle was. The sex was used to illustrate the lack of caring that Dante possessed.

NostalgicRobotX

And the comparison is very relevant. We're talking about Twitter discourse and PR here. The only differences are that they're two different people from different companies. One person has been antagonized by an angry and bitter fan base, and the other is from a dev that these same fans have gravitated to. I think Kamiya is a brilliant designer, but his interactions certainly make him look petty and quite frankly xenophobic towards westerners. Yet people love him for it.
Look, if Antoniades said "Eat ****", "ask your mom", or "**** off" (all Kamiya quotes); then people would be livid. But when Kamiya does it, it's hilarious and funny. So with that said, I don't find anything wrong with how Antoniades handled that guy.

The comparison is most undoubtedly irrelevant. You are making tu quoque and setting unrealistic and unrelated goalposts for Tameem as well as Kamiya. You are going off the invalid logic of excusing valid criticism because a similar act was committed by someone who was in a vaguely related situation; I would also heavily argue against their relation in the first place, Kamiya hasn't had any relation to the DMC franchise since 2001, he is from a different country, has a different fan-base, and is in a different position in management. Do not send loaded questions to me and expect any form of realistic response. I also get the impression that you believe Kamiya hasn't received any negative feedback for his statements, and needless to say, you are beyond wrong.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Not a single time did i pity Dante. Where do you get these depressing themes from? And last i checked he was smiling when the girls was stripping.
He was drunk out of his head..so I'm guessing that would cause the smiling....and, you know.... it's stripping. It's not like he remembers it the next morning anyway. :p But it seems like the women were something he did to pass the time and cope with his problems. He says something about it during that break into Mundus' office level, that getting laid was like a coping mechanism for what he sensed was missing in his life.

And I get the themes from looking at his character's backstory, the comic, the things that are mentioned in Bob's news report fight. You put all that together and you make a character profile, working out how bit of his past fit together to make him who he is.

Top Bottom