• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did Dante do with all those weapons, anyway?

scionicspectre

Assuming DMC 2 comes after DMC 4 (not that Vendetta and Merciless were all that interesting), what do you think happened with Agni & Rudra, Cerberus, Nevan, Ifrit, Nightmare Beta, etc.? I mean, did Dante just get Sparda and lose interest in all other devil arms at that point and pawn them off?

Just interested to know your theories, or any explanations I may have missed. He must have an insane arsenal somewhere in that shop, otherwise.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
He put them all in a closet and never used them again.:D

The only weapons he's used more then once is Rebellion, Coyote-A, and Ebony & Ivory.

The only time you'll ever see him uses past weapons are in crossover games, and fanfictions.

Grey-Frog

Yeah, closet or maybe just on his walls pinning up decapitated demons, lol. Dante seems like a bit of a collector but doesn't seem to keen on busting out the collection.

Come to think of it he might just be giving it all away. I mean he gave Trish the strongest sword in the series that is practically a family heir-loom.

DragonMaster2010

Yeah, closet or maybe just on his walls pinning up decapitated demons, lol. Dante seems like a bit of a collector but doesn't seem to keen on busting out the collection.

Come to think of it he might just be giving it all away. I mean he gave Trish the strongest sword in the series that is practically a family heir-loom.

He didn't give it to her. in DMC1 he kind of left it there for her to look after. It's only speculated that it's hers, cause of that scene and DMC2 where she uses it when you unlock her.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
He didn't give it to her. in DMC1 he kind of left it there for her to look after. It's only speculated that it's hers, cause of that scene and DMC2 where she uses it when you unlock her.
What kind of interpretation is that? He gave the sword to her on screen (motive doesn't matter), Trish has used it after that point (meaning he never took it back), Dante has not (meaning he can't or doesn't want to).

DragonMaster2010

What kind of interpretation is that? He gave the sword to her on screen (motive doesn't matter), Trish has used it after that point (meaning he never took it back), Dante has not (meaning he can't or doesn't want to).

Then why doesn't she use it in the anime?

And why does Trish have to "steal" it in DMC4? If it's her sword, then she should be allowed to take it herself, not off Dante's wall when he wasn't looking.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Then why doesn't she use it in the anime?

And why does Trish have to "steal" it in DMC4? If it's her sword, then she should be allowed to take it herself, not off Dante's wall when he wasn't looking.
She doesn't use it in the anime because she apparently didn't want to (she doesn't really seem to use swords much anyway) a better question would be why would Dante (who always has at least one sword with him at all times) suddenly stop using the most powerful weapon in existince (after using it for 10 years when it was weaker than Rebellion). It wasn't even in his shop during the anime. ( at least one person would have mentioned it if it was there or we would have at least seen it in the background a few times).

Did Dante at any point accuse Trish of stealing it. She did just take it and no one tried to stop her or showed any sign that it was wrong or unexpected for her to do so ( even after she gave the sword to Sanctus making the situation 100 times worse). She left while Dante wasn't looking because he didn't want to accept the mission and she was bored ( or needed the money or somthing. The point is she wanted to he didn't)

None of that is really important because ( i am bringing this up again because it makes my point by itself) we saw Dante give the sword to Trish on screen and then never use it again dispite the fact that two different people (who both would know exactly how powerful the sword was) were 100% sure it would give them the power of a god.

DragonMaster2010

She doesn't use it in the anime because she apparently didn't want to (she doesn't really seem to use swords much anyway) a better question would be why would Dante (who always has at least one sword with him at all times) suddenly stop using the most powerful weapon in existince (after using it for 10 years when it was weaker than Rebellion). It wasn't even in his shop during the anime. ( at least one person would have mentioned it if it was there or we would have at least seen it in the background a few times).

Did Dante at any point accuse Trish of stealing it. She did just take it and no one tried to stop her or showed any sign that it was wrong or unexpected for her to do so ( even after she gave the sword to Sanctus making the situation 100 times worse). She left while Dante wasn't looking because he didn't want to accept the mission and she was bored ( or needed the money or somthing. The point is she wanted to he didn't)

None of that is really important because ( i am bringing this up again because it makes my point by itself) we saw Dante give the sword to Trish on screen and then never use it again dispite the fact that two different people (who both would know exactly how powerful the sword was) were 100% sure it would give them the power of a god.

Alright, I'll just take it like it is.

Still what you said makes me think: Why the hell does Dante not use his dad's godly powerful sword anymore?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

Still what you said makes me think: Why the hell does Dante not use his dad's godly powerful sword anymore?
He doesn't need it, It would be a bit rude to take away Trish's only sword (even if she only uses it in non-canon apperences) and i don't think she would trade it for a weaker one (if Dante even has any of his other swords anymore)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, here's the current 'official' stance on all Devil Arms:

In the DMC4 novel it is revealed that Dante knows a guy that collects supernatural arifacts and Dante gets good money for them. It seems he keeps a few since Angi & Rudra make a cameo in the DMC anime drama CDs and so does Alistor.
http://www.devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html
It's in the second book.

Personally I don't put much stock on the DMC4 novel since the events there are different from the game. I don't care for it not do I consider it's content canon.

So for my part. These weapons have wills of their own and demon souls. They are also capable of been summon, from where, I cannot say, but I do think that they exist there and out of sight and place, somewhere beyond this realm, like all things not of the body they are not bound to the laws of science or nature.

DarkSlayer54

Personally, I think it's just one of his morals. He probably just doesn't believe his fathers power belongs to anyone. This moral would tie into both DMC1, and 3.

EDIT: On top of that, based on cutscenes... it seems that all the demons he fights (excluding bosses) are no challenge for him anyway.

Top Bottom