• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Combat Mechanic in DmC You Wish Stay in DmC2

ZeroLove

Wow, is rare to hear someone like the Angel Dodge. Most comment I read wanted it to be replace. How you usually use it? because I myself rarely use it.

I use it against all bosses, more or less. Teleporting away is the most useful tool I've had in any DMC game. :p

Alphonse

XBOX = LT + the Evade button RB Twice
PS3 = L2 + the Evade button R1 Twice

You do an angel evade where you phase through the air in a blueish flash a few meters in front, I think im right in saying if you do this at the right time perfectly you get a perfect angel evade and it phases auto. The demon evade is the same bu devil mode instead of angel. You have to buy the moves first btw.

Alphonse

I usually spam it to phase through attacks. I love the slow motion for a perfect demon evade plus the slight powerup

Noel

XBOX = LT + the Evade button RB Twice
PS3 = L2 + the Evade button R1 Twice

You do an angel evade where you phase through the air in a blueish flash a few meters in front, I think im right in saying if you do this at the right time perfectly you get a perfect angel evade and it phases auto. The demon evade is the same bu devil mode instead of angel. You have to buy the moves first btw.
Angel evade has an auto phase? Wow I have to try that. The reason I rarely use it because I thought press dodge twice while in Angel mode the only way to execute it.

Alphonse

Ill have to try it out tonight but im sure if you do it a perfect one it does the flash step for you. So funny once i did the Demon Evade to dodge one attack but got caught mid-slowmotion evade by the Ice freeze attack. The game kept the slow motion effect on until i was unfrozen, been trying to do it again so i can record it and upload it here but i know the chances of doing it again are very low

Noel

Ill have to try it out tonight but im sure if you do it a perfect one it does the flash step for you. So funny once i did the Demon Evade to dodge one attack but got caught mid-slowmotion evade by the Ice freeze attack. The game kept the slow motion effect on until i was unfrozen, been trying to do it again so i can record it and upload it here but i know the chances of doing it again are very low
That sounds amazing. Now you made me want to do it:)

Noel

That reminds me. I like the Demon kick to comeback also, but I don't care to much for the Angel uppercut.

Noel

I cannot for the life of me get my timing right for those two moves :D
They say when you Demon pull an enemy there's a red flash underneath Dante's feet, and that's when you suppose to perform Demon kick. So I did manage to do it a couple of times. Angel uppercut not so much. But that's no the reason I don't care for it to return. I just thought there are other much effective method to throw the demon's higher in the air.

Inverno

Want my Artemis from Dmc 3 back thougth i want it in this dmc to be able to blast many orbs out a lot faster and depending on trigger pull to be able to make an orb rain of death (´´ Artemis was able when charged to make Orb like enrgy balls that float into the air and then start to decent upon the targets, i want with soft lock on to have more orbs rigth from the beginning´´) .
Want a move like the flying swallow from Ninja G only that with Dante the move becomes a multi hit that hits more then one enemy in an instant.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Wow, is rare to hear someone like the Angel Dodge. Most comment I read wanted it to be replace. How you usually use it? because I myself rarely use it.
I use it a lot, too, I just don't want to hit the dodge button twice to activate it. I'm already in the correct stance, why make me perform an additional input to not do the normal dodge :/

zarion

Demon and Angel Dodge for sure, but for Angel Dodge I'd like the ability to continue phasing through the stage and Demon Dodge bonuses should be transferable to all weapons not just demonic weapons.
In return they can add a mechanic that makes it possible to fall off ledges even when you're on the ground if you perform a very badly aimed Stinger for instance.

Paexie

Not really a combat mechanic, but they must bring back the Drekavac.
He was pretty damn badass. I vote on making one have a missing arm... because it went face to face with Sparda as he was being captured by many other Drekavacs.

Make him a boss NT. Do it.

Angel evade has an auto phase? Wow I have to try that. The reason I rarely use it because I thought press dodge twice while in Angel mode the only way to execute it.
Dude you gotta try it against enemies charging at you (Tyrants). Phasing THROUGH an enemy is one of the coolest looking things in the game.

EvilX-81

They say when you Demon pull an enemy there's a red flash underneath Dante's feet, and that's when you suppose to perform Demon kick. So I did manage to do it a couple of times. Angel uppercut not so much. But that's no the reason I don't care for it to return. I just thought there are other much effective method to throw the demon's higher in the air.

Payoff's timing is just before you collide with the enemy. Not too tough to do once you know the timing, but it definitely helps to have distance when you try for it.

EvilX-81

Demon and Angel Dodge for sure, but for Angel Dodge I'd like the ability to continue phasing through the stage and Demon Dodge bonuses should be transferable to all weapons not just demonic weapons.
In return they can add a mechanic that makes it possible to fall off ledges even when you're on the ground if you perform a very badly aimed Stinger for instance.

I'm pretty sure Demon Dodge's boost does go to all weapons; it's just that the demon weapons are that powerful that the multiplier boost is that much more significant for them.

Oh yea, and while the weapons may change, they need to keep aspects like Osiris's "Feed". It's fun swathing through a group of enemies, seeing that thing light up, and really beginning to deal out dat spread damage.

zarion

I'm pretty sure Demon Dodge's boost does go to all weapons; it's just that the demon weapons are that powerful that the multiplier boost is that much more significant for them.

Oh yea, and while the weapons may change, they need to keep aspects like Osiris's "Feed". It's fun swathing through a group of enemies, seeing that thing light up, and really beginning to deal out dat spread damage.
Actually switching modes cancels Demon Dodge bonuses

Top Bottom