• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what boss from the original games would you like rebooted?

which would you choose to reboot

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The last two DMC games were more anime based, and that's pretty sad, because anime has made some creepy stuff before. But DMC can't keep up. DMC1 and DMC2 did a great job with threatening bosses, but DMC3 and 4 lacked any real threatening enemies. DmC did a better job for its grotesque appearances of some enemies, and two of their bosses.

DMC2 threatening??? Perhaps Argosax and the Infestants (because hey look straight up nasty) but when you can shoot everything to death they lose all threat.

Threatening is not measured by how grostesque something looks but how much of a threat they can pose to the victim and how much stress they can inflict on them.

A creepy looking clown isn't threatening just creepy. A normal clown with a gun or axe is more threatening.

The fact throughout the course of DMC3, DMC4, and DmC the fact that Dante usually trash talks the demon and makes them look stupid at times and taunts them and then blasts heavy rock music eliminates all form of threatening value they contain (DMC1 is the only game to pull of threatening enemies by introduce the enemy creepily, Dante don't say a word, your confined in a dark space, and at times creepy music is played such as facing a Nobody or a Shadow).

The moment Dante called the Tyrant a "fata$$" is the moment he was known as the "fata$$ demon" than a threatening enemy. The moment Dante referred Cerberus as a puppy is the moment he became the puppy rather than the "threatening 3 headed dog".

Grotesque or not its hard to accept anything as threatening after drop kicking it the face and shouting "Donkey punch" that is funny and cool or when Dante dropped a loggie on Mundus's face now how can I find him threatening if I'm laughing at Dante spitting on his face.

Dante doesn't find the enemy threatening and so proceeds to mock them and defeats them with ease therefor setting said enemies in the narrative as jokes or punching bags rather than threatening enemies.

Plus there is a thing as artist envision. DMC is not the only media to have demons that are not usually of the norm and anime is stupid term as its just a form of media not a type of storytelling or method. Anime is just any Japanese (or Asian generally) animated medium which uses artstyles that is more separate from western artforms and media (granted there is a thing considered Western anime or non-Japanese anime).

That is like saying angels must be majestic and holy (common images as angels in a majority of media) not monstrous and hideous (Bayonetta) which aren't very threatening since you spank them to death.

Presentation is everything and ever since DMC1 not a single enemy is presented as threatening (or its rarely done).

Plus I doubt DMC3 or DMC4 wanted to create threatening enemies especially when you have annoying demon clowns, sexy vampires that is more arousing (if you're into that kind of thing) that threatening, demon guards who argue with each other and is there for comedic effect, demons that looks like angels, or the fact we are shown beating the sh*t out of said demons not to long ago by using billiard balls.

DmC creates more grotesque or creepy looking enemies (aside from the more robotic/mechanical ones like the basic mooks and the Tyrant which are the common ones) but not much is done to make threatening and if anything follows the tradition set by DMC3/4 when it comes to enemy/boss encounters.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DMC2 threatening??? Perhaps Argosax and the Infestants (because hey look straight up nasty) but when you can shoot everything to death they lose all threat.

Threatening is not measured by how grostesque something looks but how much of a threat they can pose to the victim and how much stress they can inflict on them.

A creepy looking clown isn't threatening just creepy. A normal clown with a gun or axe is more threatening.

No, This is a creepy clown
th

This is poo.
th

The fact throughout the course of DMC3, DMC4, and DmC the fact that Dante usually trash talks the demon and makes them look stupid at times and taunts them and then blasts heavy rock music eliminates all form of threatening value they contain (DMC1 is the only game to pull of threatening enemies by introduce the enemy creepily, Dante don't say a word, your confined in a dark space, and at times creepy music is played such as facing a Nobody or a Shadow).

The moment Dante called the Tyrant a "fata$$" is the moment he was known as the "fata$$ demon" than a threatening enemy. The moment Dante referred Cerberus as a puppy is the moment he became the puppy rather than the "threatening 3 headed dog".

Grotesque or not its hard to accept anything as threatening after drop kicking it the face and shouting "Donkey punch" that is funny and cool or when Dante dropped a loggie on Mundus's face now how can I find him threatening if I'm laughing at Dante spitting on his face.

Dante doesn't find the enemy threatening and so proceeds to mock them and defeats them with ease therefor setting said enemies in the narrative as jokes or punching bags rather than threatening enemies.

Plus there is a thing as artist envision. DMC is not the only media to have demons that are not usually of the norm and anime is stupid term as its just a form of media not a type of storytelling or method. Anime is just any Japanese (or Asian generally) animated medium which uses artstyles that is more separate from western artforms and media (granted there is a thing considered Western anime or non-Japanese anime).

Either way, I'm still calling it anime styled.

That is like saying angels must be majestic and holy (common images as angels in a majority of media) not monstrous and hideous (Bayonetta) which aren't very threatening since you spank them to death.

Presentation is everything and ever since DMC1 not a single enemy is presented as threatening (or its rarely done).

Plus I doubt DMC3 or DMC4 wanted to create threatening enemies especially when you have annoying demon clowns, sexy vampires that is more arousing (if you're into that kind of thing) that threatening, demon guards who argue with each other and is there for comedic effect, demons that looks like angels, or the fact we are shown beating the sh*t out of said demons not to long ago by using billiard balls.

DmC creates more grotesque or creepy looking enemies (aside from the more robotic/mechanical ones like the basic mooks and the Tyrant which are the common ones) but not much is done to make threatening and if anything follows the tradition set by DMC3/4 when it comes to enemy/boss encounters.

Each to their own, but I still say DmC had more better bosses in terms of design, while DMC3 and DMC4 just fell off.

Reactions: Jak

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Each to their own, but I still say DmC had more better bosses in terms of design, while DMC3 and DMC4 just fell off.

I was never talking about Jester. I clearly also stated Jester was annoying clown who is more for the sake of jokes and comedic effect then being creepy/threatening.

To each their own, there are all sorts of form of art and design and ideas. Just cause you don't find something appealing doesn't mean its bad.

Hey I think Agni and Rudra more creative because well being 2 twin headless demon gate keepers who fight with their heads on their sword and then when one is defeated the other takes sword and dual wields the other far more creative than a giant monkey with a vagina for a face or I find Savior more cooler than Mundustron.

I even find demons and bosses in DMC more interesting because they're based on various myths and ideas and how much research the research team put into finding creative ideas and how they incorporate them in the actual enemy/boss versus DmC where a lot of the ideas (not all just a lot) just seem they copied what they saw on TV/movie although I did like Bob Tron like aesthetics.

Yet again to each their own.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I was never talking about Jester. I clearly also stated Jester was annoying clown who is more for the sake of jokes and comedic effect then being creepy/threatening.

To each their own, there are all sorts of form of art and design and ideas. Just cause you don't find something appealing doesn't mean its bad.

Hey I think Agni and Rudra more creative because well being 2 twin headless demon gate keepers who fight with their heads on their sword and then when one is defeated the other takes sword and dual wields the other far more creative than a giant monkey with a vagina for a face or I find Savior more cooler than Mundustron.

I even find demons and bosses in DMC more interesting because they're based on various myths and ideas and how much research the research team put into finding creative ideas and how they incorporate them in the actual enemy/boss versus DmC where a lot of the ideas (not all just a lot) just seem they copied what they saw on TV/movie although I did like Bob Tron like aesthetics.

Yet again to each their own.

You don't seem to accept the "to each of their own" quote.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Are you really all that surprised? Nothing short of admitting defeat will slake this... individual's blood lust.

Hey its not like I said his opinion was wrong or anything. All I did was state my own and give supportive reasoning behind it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Are you really all that surprised? Nothing short of admitting defeat will slake this... individual's blood lust.

Hey its not like I said his opinion was wrong or anything. All I did was state my own and give supportive reasoning behind it.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
ok dudes. lets not castrate eachother over opinions. we already have enough "i'm right your wrong" in DC (hence why the govt is shut down)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
ok dudes. lets not castrate eachother over opinions. we already have enough "i'm right your wrong" in DC (hence why the govt is shut down)

Pfftt...its not a big deal considering that this happened like 17 times before and for more severe reasons.

Its almost for petty reasons too (they don't want to pass a damn bill am I right?).

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
While I would prefer that they don't reboot any boss and create their own bosses, I think Leviathan has potential, look as there's a level inside his body. I always thought DMC3 Mission 8 was a missed opportunity. Also, I won't mind if they reboot Argosax.

i think its cute how you doubt the human mind. all you need is a drop of insanity. because madness is like gravity. all you need is a little push

Liked because of Killing Joke reference ;)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I voted for Argosax, Phantom and Leviathan, but I'd love to see Nefasturris, Bolverk, and Nightmare too.

Top Bottom