• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are your highly anticipated game(s) for 2013?

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
No question about it, 2013 has many great titles coming out this year.

With so many titles coming out, have you picked your favourites? Your pre-orders and must-buys?

Personally, I have a few:

DmC: Devil May Cry :)
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider
Beyond: Two Souls
Crysis 3
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
God of War: Ascension
Bioshock Infinite

Did I miss anything? :p

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Resident Evil 6 and Dead Space 3 on PC. Those'll do me just fine.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Confirmed release dates
Dead Space 3 (PS3)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
God of War: Ascension (PS3)
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)
Tomb Raider (PS3)
The Last of Us (PS3)
Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3)
Tales of Xillia (PS3)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3)

Unconfirmed release dates
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3)
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)
Toki to Towa (PS3)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
Watch Dogs (PS3)

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Soul Sacrifice
Persona 4 Golden
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Pokemon X and Y
Bioshock Infinite
Beyond: Two Souls
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (?)

DmC: Devil May Cry was my most anticipated title of the year, but seeing as its already out I won't include it.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time.
Pokemon X/Pokemon Y.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Gorbashou

Many games I want is probably getting released, but for now it's just the Starcraft 2 expansion and The Last of Us. That game looks amaaaaaziiiiiing

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
WARNING! TL;DR post ahead! WARNING!

Most interested in and has release dates:
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (February 5.)
DmC: Devil May Cry (January 15 or 17 for consoles; NA/EU/AU? and JP, 25 for PC.)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (February 19-22, depending on where you live.)
All three of those games are probably the most controversial out of all the games I know. All three are being made by other companies, Sanzuru Games and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time; Ninja Theory and DmC; and Platinum Games and MGR: Revengeance. All three also have the parent/original developers working with the new developers, Sucker Punch and Sanzaru Games, Capcom and Ninja Theory, and Kojima Productions and Platinum Games. And guess what, they're all hated for because a new company is working on them. People are afraid that Sanzaru Games, Ninja Theory, and Platinum Games will ruin their respective games because they're too young (Sanzaru), had games with bad gameplay/combat (NT), or are too over the top for a stealth/serious game (Platinum/P*).

And all three have complaints about the appearance. Sly Cooper's model; he has a goatee, looks older, and looks nothing like himself from past Sly games. DmC Dante has black hair, black coat, Union Jack patch, "emo", looks like Tameem, etc. And Raiden looks like a Cyborg Ninja when after MGS4, he looked relatively normal, the wrong eye color thing with a pre-release image, it's Raiden (people just hate him), high heels (brought up before in MGS4), etc.

Out of the three, Sanzaru is staying the closest to the original series; it's a direct sequel after Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, in terms of gameplay and art style (debated because the PS2 was not capable of such graphic feats). Platinum Games is deviating a little; it's a continuation of MGS4, but more over the top in story and gameplay, art style is pretty much the same, and it's much more violent compared to past Metal Gears. Ninja Theory is the one deviating the most from the original series; it's a reboot or to me, a DMC in an alternate universe, but the gameplay is similar, art style is different, and so is the story.

And that's why they're my most interested games. They're the ones with the most controversy surrounding them so I want to see what Sanzaru, Ninja Theory, and Platinum Games have done to them. And it's in order too, I like that Sanzaru is staying true to the series and giving fans the long awaited sequel to Sly 3. To a lesser extent, I'm am impressed with Ninja Theory being able to pull off something like DmC, with the help of Capcom of course. MGR: Revengeance, I'm not that interested in compared to the other two, but it still holds that curious air around it; I'm more interested about Raiden's story than the gameplay itself at the moment.

Interested, with/without confirmed release dates in no particular order:
BioShock Infinite (March, 26.)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy (I will never understand Square Enix's naming system. Quarter 3/Autumn/Fall release.)
Remember Me (Apparently it's out sometime in May.)
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 (not Mirror of Fate.)
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Dragon Age III: Inquisition (Wondering what Bioware's gonna do to fuse DA 1 and 2 together. Autumn/Fall release.)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Need more stealth games to satisfy stealth game hunger.)
Tomb Raider (Sort of, not really, never played a Tomb Raider game. March 5.)
Bayonetta 2 (Wish I could play, but I'm skipping a part of the next console generation, including the Wii U, for a gaming PC.)
Watch Dogs
Fuse (I like Insomniac Games and I want to see their first multiplatform game. Out in March by the way.)
Devil's Third (Said to be released in 2013. By Tomonobu Itagaki and his new team: Valhalla Game Studios. PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 this time, no more exclusivity.)

Indefinite release dates/localization of games confirmed in existence:
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (How long again?)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (See above.)
The Legend of Zelda Wii U (Wind Waker Wii U remake for Zelda fans to pass time. WW Wii U remake out in Quarter 3/Autumn/Fall.)
A game starring Luigi for the Wii U (Ass of a brother, Mario. Always taking the spotlight. I know it isn't in existence as of yet.)
Darksiders 3 (Hopefully, considering Vigil Games' situation.)
Mirror's Edge 2 (Played the demo for the first, fell in love in a heartbeat.)
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (Maybe a PC version, imagine the beauty of that. *drools*)
The Phantom Pain (That one game that is completely unrelated to Metal Gear and the main character obviously does not look like Big Boss. And Joakim Mogren is not related to Hideo Kojima whatsoever. *serious time face*)
Dark Cloud 3 (A possibility, but still in Limbo.)
Super Smash Bros. Wii U (Sort of, but I don't really have that much interest in SSB anymore like I used to.)
Final Fantasy Type-0 (I would buy a PS Vita for this, but that would be expensive as hell.)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-Grand Theft Auto 5
-Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeroes
-Sly Cooper 4
-Metro: Last Light
-Injustice:Gods Among Us
-South Park: The Stick of Truth
-The Witness
-Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
Since DmC is already out I won't include it but 2013 was looking to be my year for games.

Kammosjuttu

For year 2013, DmC was the biggest thing for me. But it's already released and I have it, so I can't include it in my shopping list anymore.
Other game I'm looking forward to is Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. I'm also interested in Watch Dogs, but who knows when it's going to come out. Then of course, I'm still dreaming after Final Fantasy Versus XIII...

Rockrobs215

Come on, get up! You can do better than that!
Until I get some more systems, I can't say too much for sure. But if I just say anything that I'd like to play:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Rayman Legends
Tomb Raider (?)
God of War: Ascension
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (?)
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Bioshock Infinite
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 3DS
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
The Last of Us