• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
IPS Panel Wiki
Different tech used in tvs and pc monitors. I noticed how much difference there is depending on how much colour depth there is. I had an old analog pc monitor acer something. Compared it to my current digital samsung syncmaster. It's old as well but the colour and image quality was so different. I got sad just by the difference. Got unlucky. I have one vertical green line on my current. Checked everything. Looks like the panel is broken. I cant afford a new one at the moment.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
The Witcher: The Tower of Swallows. Around 60 % through.

Some dark stuff going on in this. Darker than on the previous ones IMO.

Also, I like Sapkowski's worldbuilding a bit too much.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Inflation, stagflation and the difference between them. Did not get any wiser. At first I thought they were oposite but obviously thats not the case. Seems like stag is worse type of inflation and there are so many types of inflation depending on the factors. It's all greek. I get the general point about inflation but thats about it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I have inherited the entire Terry Pratchett library of books from my grandmother. Many signed, many first or limited first editions. I was almost too scared to open any of them, but I've decided to go through them in chronological order so I'm currently reading The Colour of Magic.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Off topic, I'm soon done with The Witcher series and need new stuff. Any recommendations on YA fantasy?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
513442.jpg

I'm trash for Q. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have been watching the series with my husband this time last year. (I mean, I grew up with it, but there was a lot I was too young to understand before).

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Finally got through Thursday Murder Club, I didn't like it too much to be honest, and I haven't yet decided what to read as a physical book next. Maybe I'll give Nevermoor #2 a try, I just DNF'd it as an audiobook but it might work as an e-book for me. Or maybe I'll check Matara, it's a book by a Finnish author, about young boys who make their own imaginative empire of Rome with their own rules, wars, and judicial system. Like Lord of the Flies but more like "everyday stuff", playing with the concept of children's games.

As an audiobook I just finished The Witcher series (the Netflix series season 2 ending actually makes sense now lol, I'm speaking about the... creatures from the portal) and now continuing with Muad'Dib (Dune #2).

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Last two reads:

The Fifth Doll by Charlie N. Holmberg and Sapphic in the Shadows: A 1920's New York Mystery (short story).

The first was really good; the second was okay.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Dune trilogy finished. Now on with Hobb's Farseer trilogy #1 as an audiobook.

As a hardcover, The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I finished reading The Idiot a few ago. Right now, I’m in the middle of reading a Mexican novel by literary icon Carlos Fuentes called Diana o la Cazadora Solitaria. I’m almost done with it and I don’t know what I’ll move on to from there. My backlog is pretty big right now.
513442.jpg

I'm trash for Q. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have been watching the series with my husband this time last year. (I mean, I grew up with it, but there was a lot I was too young to understand before).
Well, how’s the book?
Actually, I learned English y watching TNG with the close caption on. Just bought the original series on Blu-ray, too, since the Blu-ray has the original special effects plus the Latin American dub.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Well, how’s the book?
Actually, I learned English y watching TNG with the close caption on. Just bought the original series on Blu-ray, too, since the Blu-ray has the original special effects plus the Latin American dub.
It was pretty good, though I do feel like there was a bit of filler here and there. It all tied together and made more sense by the end, but I also feel like with Q's powers, there was just so much untapped potential for this good book to be great. That's interesting, though! And people think the TV makes idiots of us all--meanwhile, it was Duolingo before Duolingo was a thing. ;)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Star Wars: A New Dawn by John Jackson Miller. A prequel for Star Wars Rebels where Kanan and Hera meet 5 years before the start of that show.

Ex Machina is written by Brian K. Vaughn and the art is drawn by Tony Harris. It's about a former superhero who becomes mayor of New York in 2002.

Heat 2 is written by Michael Mann and Meg Gardner. A sequel to the 1995 crime classic "Heat".

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule. It's set in the High Republic and its what I've been missing from Star Wars.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Heat 2 is written by Michael Mann and Meg Gardner. A sequel to the 1995 crime classic "Heat".
Wow, I didn't realize Heat had a novel sequel. That's awesome.

I'm currently reading X of Swords, as part of the Jonathan Hickman X-Men run. I am...not really enjoying it. X of Swords nor the full run, really. It started off w/ an interesting premise, but Hickman's dialog/character style has worn off on me. Everyone is either a smartass or an asshole. Even Professor X is an asshole. But that's Hickman's writing style. Characterizations get worse in X of Swords, since it is written by a half dozen writers and characters start to become inconsistent.

That's the problem w/ serialized superheroes, particularly characters who may not be particularly one-note and therefore not "easy" to write, like say Superman, Spider-Man, Capt America, etc are "easy" to write. Also less marquee characters would be less "easy" to write, since one writer's knowledge/experience of their personality maybe different than another writers.

Anyway, I'm also reading Darkstalkers: Rise of the Night Warriors. Which is fun so far and a nice dive into Darkstalkers lore.

Top Bottom