• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Listening To?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

I listened to this every single morning when I was preparing for the university entrance exam. It made me feel good and motivated every time. I still keep listening to this when it feels like I have too much to study and I can't understand enough. Also works at the gym.

But this time it actually tunes me up for writing. My main character has just gone through a serious disappointment, he's ashamed, humiliated, sad and even scared, but then he prepares a plan B and starts to fight back. In my point of view, he wasn't proactive enough in the first draft and kind of went with the flow, and his rise from the ashes was mainly because the other characters lifted him up and destroyed all the obstacles for him. So now I'm trying to focus on his mental uprising, and it definitely has to start from his own actions.

Also listening to this makes me feel I'm able to write the rest of the entire novel tonight lol

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

I haven't played this game very much yet but this is my husband's favourite and I love the music.
Ayakashi II (those violins!), Mononofu I and of course the opening theme are my favourites. Too bad they can't be found on Spotify.

Heard the Freed from this Mortal Coil theme too many times in this house so don't like that lol

If you want to hear the opening theme and see some epic cinematic with it then this is the one

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

Love the part 4:09-5:05. Always gets me goosebumps.
Most beautiful escape theme ever.

It's still on my "gaming muscle" memory, running down the stairs and knowing he's just behind us, hitting those buttons to open the lock, making a mistake with the last one, escaping again... running to get the bus with the music playing on the background and... oh damn I should play it again

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

10,000 steps down
round and round
one night on the town and I'm hell bound
Black oceans beneath, come and swallow me!
All on board the White Pearl have died
coastal reef come claim my life

My absolute favourite from Sonata Arctica. Too beautiful. Don't like the part 2 tho, it ruins the story for me.

After that on the playlist:

If someone's interested and likes the song I might try to translate those lyrics in English

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

He stands in the doorway, quiet like yesterday
With forgotten throughs become a mystery and nightmares locked away
He looks like a gunman, but his view is much too wide
For such a solution, so he fights without a six gun on his side

Top Bottom