• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What am i doing wrong?!

seraphmaycry

I played dmc3, in an attempt to get a double S on mission 1 dmd mode.

after a while of trying i finally got around the friggin pain that is those exploding guys.

i got S in everything escept orbs, im sure i picked every single one up.

did i miss one?

is orb distribution based off of a secret system?

is mission 12 even possible to SS? lolololololololol

MKH Spartan

The amount of orbs they drop is based on your style level when you kill them, so keep it on SSS as much as possible and you will do get the orbs required. Also I think the drum kit (or I think it's a drum kit from memory) in Mission 1 you can break for a few orbs I believe.

Also for the exploding guys, either abuse invincibility frames when they die or stay our of range and shoot them with E&I/Spiral Swords etc

Mission 12 is insanely difficult but yes, it is doable.

seraphmaycry

The amount of orbs they
drop is based on your style level when you kill them, so keep it on SSS as much as possible and you will do get the orbs required. Also I think the drum kit (or I think it's a drum kit from memory) in Mission 1 you can break for a few orbs I believe.

Also for the exploding guys, either abuse invincibility frames when they die or stay our of range and shoot them with E&I/Spiral Swords etc

Mission 12 is insanely difficult but yes, it is doable.

Based off of style, so to SS i actually need more style it initially seems, all the time?

how do i abuse them though? i don't think waiting for them to explode so i can quicksilver activation through them is good for my style

SS is going to be hard (and in arkhams case, BORING)

MKH Spartan

Based off of style, so to SS i actually need more style it initially seems, all the time?

how do i abuse them though? i don't think waiting for them to explode so i can quicksilver activation through them is good for my style

SS is going to be hard (and in arkhams case, BORING)
Well, SS should be hard lolz (yes, Arkham boring, I haven't quite SSed that Mission, I've done it getting hit just once though).

I can give advice for getting SS ranks with Vergil, I haven't tried an SS run with Dante yet.

I'll link my playthrough of Mission 1 (it's with Vergil btw):

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Swordmaster for mission one or trickster is best keep switching weapons and using dte's while avoiding being hit and use the invincibility frames from jumping for the explosions. That will guarantee you an s in everything getting u an as rank.Use Cerberus , and rebellion or Agni and rudrq and rebellion so that you have the range and knock back attacks.

VergilNeroDante

One way to ensure you have it is if you get S on everything during the mission. Time, damage, orbs, items used, and stylish points. They all have to be an S and nothing lower.

So during the mission clear screen and you notice you have all S on everything then you got it. You have the SS even though it doesn't show it. :)

seraphmaycry

well, i checked and yep, just as it was said. i did get SS.

i'm trying (and failing) to SS mission 2 now, damn this is hard.

i've also learnt a good deal of jump canceling and am able to do a decent job of incorporating it into my combos.

i still have not started on buffering, the only crazy combos i ever use are the million stabs anyway.

VergilNeroDante

Indeed, whatever you can use, do it to help you out to get that SS rank, as for me I'm doing alot without actually doing the jump cancels. I do pretty well without doing those simply because I chose not to use them or even learn them. I'm not all into them actually lol

seraphmaycry

Indeed, whatever you can use, do it to help you out to get that SS rank, as for me I'm doing alot without actually doing the jump cancels. I do pretty well without doing those simply because I chose not to use them or even learn them. I'm not all into them actually lol

i use JC for 2 reasons
1 it's bad-ass
2 if used with quiksilver i can single out and stylishly kill non devil triggered enemies for what is usually a low amount of DT.

i don't know about you, but i barely even touch the shoot button in any dmc game, unless im playing vergil, which is just hilarious considering he hates guns.

trying to SS DMD mode is terrifying, so much i have to learn, i'll have to learn royalguard abuse for several bosses and how to deal with that camera and ai that agni and rudra/ arkham have me deal with.

it'll be (mostly) fun though, plus i'll be able to move on to the really pro stuff afterwards.

i still need to complete 1 combat adjudicator and bloody palace at least once as well before my checklist becomes
"learn awesome skillz"

MKH Spartan

I use jump cancel for the Vergil boss battles, that's about it. I simply prefer not to jump cancel much unless I find it to be necessary for whatever I am trying (eg, no damage run of Mission 20 on DMD/VMD).

seraphmaycry

I use jump cancel for the Vergil boss battles, that's about it. I simply prefer not to jump cancel much unless I find it to be necessary for whatever I am trying (eg, no damage run of Mission 20 on DMD/VMD).

i love using it with swordmaster, despite how it can be stupidly hard.

and yeah, i spam JC on vergil as well.

oh, and interesting question.

it would seem that in dmc3, devil trigger is not based off time bu activates when a certain amount of enemies from a single spawning wave die and the different waves are tracked separately(activating dt in one group won't set it off in a group that spawned a few seconds after)

would i be correct to say this is accurate, or is it timer based?

need to know because DT destroys my time ratings.

MKH Spartan

Ahhh right, they DT after either you have killed two enemies from the wave, or after they have been on the battlefield for a set period of time (about 30 seconds I think). Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I'm sure that's either right or pretty close.

seraphmaycry

Ahhh right, they DT after either you have killed two enemies from the wave, or after they have been on the battlefield for a set period of time (about 30 seconds I think). Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I'm sure that's either right or pretty close.

thanks!

knowing this makes DMD SS'ing so much easier, if i can just keep all the enemies(or at least the tankier ones) to low health before death then i can save so muuuch time and get that SS.

MKH Spartan

thanks!

knowing this makes DMD SS'ing so much easier, if i can just keep all the enemies(or at least the tankier ones) to low health before death then i can save so muuuch time and get that SS.
Yea, learning how the enemy DT system works helps alot for clear times.

seraphmaycry

Yea, learning how the enemy DT system works helps alot for clear times.

plus being easier to stun allows for better style rankings against an enemy.

1 missions down.. only 19 to go....

well,at least it won't be to bad once i get the hang of it (not including those stupid,stupid,stupid dullahans and that stupid mission with the health drain and the DT and that room with the vanguard andmissions 18 and 19)

Top Bottom