• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Well That Makes Sense

Would you like for DMC5 to be made by these 2

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sure why not

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Can we have the DMC3 team again or another option?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I really don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOOOOOO!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
In text, easily >.<

Really even in text form I thought it was pretty obvious when said "cool and innovate ideas" and "can go sit in an order?

In all fairness I prefer any combination that doesn't involve Kobayashi. Itsuno and Kamiya. Itsuno and Ryota (MvC3/DMC3). Itsuno and Eshiro (DmC). Hell even Itsuno and Ono (because he worked on Onimusha Dawn of Dreams).

I'll rather not have a combination of Sell Out (Kobayashi) and Perverted Drunk (Kamiya) but hey I'm interested to see what could happen.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
He also made DMC1, which is considered by many to have the best version of Dante and the DMC world, so whatever's wrong with DMC4 probably wasn't completely his fault. Most likely it was the combination of Itsuno and Bingo Morihashi.
I would be pretty excited if they got to work together on DMC5, because they might (try to) cancel out each other's flaws. They'd be able to give each other feedback and make something as good as DMC1, or even as good as DMC3 was. I don't care how much of an asshole Kamiya might be, because it's not relevant to the game. If he makes good games, he needs to do that once more.

Actually Itsuno and Bingo worked on DMC3 and that came out fine, great even. Then Kobayashi comes in for DMC4......sooooo....

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Wasn't that something like years ago?
I mean before the reboot was announced? Or sometime afterwards?

Ah well, I'd check the game out either way I guess...
Good hack&slay games are rare and if the make a good one I'll take it (I even played Bayonetta and I was not really that wowed by it's presentation, the gameplay is another matter)

But as things are I'd hope they don't turn it into a QTE fest like MGR:Rising, hell even Bayonetta are. No QTE's in my DMC!
In terms of story I wouldn't expect much, just some over the top action, since in the original series pretty much anything goes.

You don't have to do QTEs in MGR. I don't think you can even call them QTEs, because QTEs require you to match button inputs to displays as fast as possible. MGR has almost none of those.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Actually Itsuno and Bingo worked on DMC3 and that came out fine, great even. Then Kobayashi comes in for DMC4......sooooo....

Then DMC1 should've been about as bad as DMC4, right? Only it wasn't. So I don't think Kobayashi is to blame - unless he somehow broke down and didn't know what to do with DMC.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
You don't have to do QTEs in MGR. I don't think you can even call them QTEs, because QTEs require you to match button inputs to displays as fast as possible. MGR has almost none of those.

You do have to do QTE's especially at the last boss, because I do not recall that those button mashing events are called by any different name, and said boss had quite a few of these but let's not go into this. The point was only that I'd want to keep stuff like that out of a DMC game and these games were the only examples that I know of any of said Game Developers are remotely connected to.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Then DMC1 should've been about as bad as DMC4, right? Only it wasn't. So I don't think Kobayashi is to blame - unless he somehow broke down and didn't know what to do with DMC.

Kobayashi was an executive producer of DMC1 so he wasn't as involved as he was in DMC4. I mean DMC4's flaws (when it comes to gameplay and what not) is more of an issue of cut development time rather than individual blame on certain individuals.

Want to know how involved Kobayashi was in DMC4 compared to DMC1? He made Nero and made Nero the main character instead. Granted Itsuno was in charge of his game mechanics and wanted to do gameplay similar to Nero's since the PS2 era with DMC3.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
I've never had any personal experience with Kamiya and insults(mostly because I ask "sane" questions).

Give me the real Dante(DMC1), DMC1 world, & a decent plot and I'm all good.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You do have to do QTE's especially at the last boss, because I do not recall that those button mashing events are called by any different name, and said boss had quite a few of these but let's not go into this. The point was only that I'd want to keep stuff like that out of a DMC game and these games were the only examples that I know of any of said Game Developers are remotely connected to.

Sure, there are a few scenes in which you have to mash buttons, but that's not quite what QTEs are. I defeated the final boss without having to do QTEs, aside from those in the semi-cutscene-like things. And those just involved mashing X and Y, IIRC. So I wouldn't say MGR is as riddled with QTEs as you believe.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Itsuno and Ryota (MvC3/DMC3). Itsuno and Eshiro (DmC). Hell even Itsuno and Ono (because he worked on Onimusha Dawn of Dreams).

I'll rather not have a combination of Sell Out (Kobayashi) and Perverted Drunk (Kamiya) but hey I'm interested to see what could happen.
Nice.

Personally, I'd take any of the partners you've posted above. Or just have all of them to create the best action game ever.
(Itsuno Ryota Eshiro & Ono ftw)

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Want to know how involved Kobayashi was in DMC4 compared to DMC1? He made Nero and made Nero the main character instead.

kobayashifk3.gif

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Why not clean up the controls and make a dlc of bloody palace for 5 bucks. Keep the story out of it.

Top Bottom