• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Well That Makes Sense

Would you like for DMC5 to be made by these 2

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sure why not

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Can we have the DMC3 team again or another option?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I really don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOOOOOO!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Remember that time when Kamiya told people on Twitter to contact Kobayashi if they wanted a Devil May Cry 5. Well look what I found on the internet.:tongue:

f1001692.jpg

Kobayashi on the left, Kamiya on the right.

I did some digging and apparently Kobayashi went to 2009 demo of Bayonetta to play and congrats Kamiya. Apparently these 2 are still good friends and that is why Kamiya said ask Kobayashi, linking his twitter, or nobody else (Itsuno, Eshiro, Ono, etc) since Kobayashi wouldn't mind getting his twitter spammed by people asking for DMC5 if its by his buddy Kamiya and Kobayashi could easily vouch for a DMC5 or collaboration with PG (like NT). Also, Kobayashi was part of DMC1 dev team "Team Little Devils" as executive producer so he had worked with Kamiya on DMC in the past.

Plus think about it......

Capcom presents a Platinum Games Productions

Devil May Cry 5

By Director of Bayonetta and Wonderful 101: Hideki Kamiya

By Producer of Devil May Cry 4 and Sengoku Basara: Hiroyuki Kobayashi

Step aside Itsuno, you and those "cool and innovative" ideas can go chill in a corner somewhere. Its time for the guy who brought us poledancing stripper gun witches and the guy who brought us DBZ Samurais to bring us the next installment in the Devil May Cry series.

That does explains what Brea said.:unsure:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Oooh YES. YUSSS.

The director of Devil May Cry 1 and Bayonetta (Hideki Kamiya) and
the producer of Devil May Cry 1 and 4 (Hiroyuki Kobayashi).

The perfect combination. Now make DMC5 have a good plot (doesn't have to be connected to the old games), and we're good to go. The perfect end to a great game series. And then you can have the rest of the DmC series. I won't complain about the DMC series ending; it was a long time coming.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
F**K YES!!

These guys making DMC5 would be the ultimate apology to fans and could bring one hell of an intense future to the franchise.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
tumblr_m1vpi30gkd1r5jlcpo1_500.gif

Don't care much for Koboyashi, and can't stand Kamiya. Not very exciting news really.

But if there's a chance a DMC5 will be made, I guess I'll check it out.

But Koboyashi (the person who made the terrible DMC4) is collaborating with Kamiya (the person who puts his sex dreams into games and is a bit of an asshole) to make a DMC5, then that has me on edge that it'll be any good at all. But hey, I won't say anything...yet.

I'll just wait till I see more proof on it, and see if this game is what I think/know it is; fan service.

Caiden

tumblr_m1vpi30gkd1r5jlcpo1_500.gif

Don't care much for Koboyashi, and can't stand Kamiya. Not very exciting news really.

But if there's a chance a DMC5 will be made, I guess I'll check it out.

But Koboyashi (the person who made the terrible DMC4) is collaborating with Kamiya (the person who puts his sex dreams into games and is a bit of an asshole) to make a DMC5, then that has me on edge that it'll be any good at all. But hey, I won't say anything...yet.

I'll just wait till I see more proof on it, and see if this game is what I think/know it is; fan service.

DMC4's gameplay is incredibly expansive. Instant style switching and the arm gameplay that was very well integrated with Nero's combos. It just suffers from being half a game in terms of other combat. Kamiya might be a bit of an a**hat but he does make good games. I would say the future is bright in this case sir.

DragonMaster2010

DMC4's gameplay is incredibly expansive. Instant style switching and the arm gameplay that was very well integrated with Nero's combos. It just suffers from being half a game in terms of other combat. Kamiya might be a bit of an a**hat but he does make good games. I would say the future is bright in this case sir.
And that's another thing; I really didn't like DMC4's gameplay mechanics. It's like Capcom just tried to fit everything on to the controllor and it ended up being one big mess of button layouts, backward/forward attacks, and confusion for new players to Dante or DMC in general.

I just didn't find myself having as much fun as I did with DMC3, or as much fun as I'm having now with DmC.

But that's besides the point; DMC5 announced, I'll wait and see how that goes.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
At this point, fan service is all that can save the franchise, saying original white hair Dante is returning won't do much, that'll just be a bigger insult to the fanbase, but bringing these 2 guys in would send a clear message to the entire fanbase that the original DMC is returning with a vengeance, that would stir up a hell of a lot of hype in the original DMC fanbase.

DragonMaster2010

At this point, fan service is all that can save the franchise, saying original white hair Dante is returning won't do much, that'll just be a bigger insult to the fanbase, but bringing these 2 guys in would send a clear message to the entire fanbase that the original DMC is returning with a vengeance, that would stir up a hell of a lot of hype in the original DMC fanbase.

It would. Now, if there was definite confirmation of this, then things would really go insane in the fanbase.

The Blind could see.
War would end
The economy would boost up.
World hunger would end.

THE WORLD WOULD BE PERFECT AGAIN.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I'm on the sure why not thing, yet I'm kinda skeptical on this...

Just wish Kamiya would just retrace back from DMC1, like remaking DMC2 for starters...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

He also made DMC1, which is considered by many to have the best version of Dante and the DMC world, so whatever's wrong with DMC4 probably wasn't completely his fault. Most likely it was the combination of Itsuno and Bingo Morihashi.
I would be pretty excited if they got to work together on DMC5, because they might (try to) cancel out each other's flaws. They'd be able to give each other feedback and make something as good as DMC1, or even as good as DMC3 was. I don't care how much of an asshole Kamiya might be, because it's not relevant to the game. If he makes good games, he needs to do that once more.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Wasn't that something like years ago?
I mean before the reboot was announced? Or sometime afterwards?

Ah well, I'd check the game out either way I guess...
Good hack&slay games are rare and if the make a good one I'll take it (I even played Bayonetta and I was not really that wowed by it's presentation, the gameplay is another matter)

But as things are I'd hope they don't turn it into a QTE fest like MGR:Rising, hell even Bayonetta are. No QTE's in my DMC!
In terms of story I wouldn't expect much, just some over the top action, since in the original series pretty much anything goes.

DragonMaster2010

He also made DMC1, which is considered by many to have the best version of Dante and the DMC world, so whatever's wrong with DMC4 probably wasn't completely his fault. Most likely it was the combination of Itsuno and Bingo Morihashi.
I would be pretty excited if they got to work together on DMC5, because they might (try to) cancel out each other's flaws. They'd be able to give each other feedback and make something as good as DMC1, or even as good as DMC3 was. I don't care how much of an asshole Kamiya might be, because it's not relevant to the game. If he makes good games, he needs to do that once more.

Like I said; I'll wait and see the results. If its good, its good. If not, at least I can say I wasn't suprised.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Step aside Itsuno, you and those "cool and innovative" ideas can go chill in a corner somewhere.

Y'know, not to start some sh!t, but...Itsuno was the one who made DMC what it is that you like so much >.> Kamiya did one game, and of course birthed the series as a whole, but Itsuno did pretty much most of the work. Well, Itsuno and his teams, I s'pose.

Top Bottom