• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We Had It All Wrong! Dante REALLY looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirgilTheart

Vampi;277659 said:
Oops my Bad! I apologize for mistaking you for VirgiTheart. :$

Also a theory needs evidence to go by. Just because Dino looks like JRM means nothing. Like i said, DMC 4 Dante looks like the actor who plays Sawyer from Lost, but he's not playing DMC 4 Dante is he.

So in other words, looks mean nothing in solidifying that the actor who looks like Dino is actually playing Dino cause the evidence doesn't support it.

Uh, when did I say that I was definitely sure JRM was Dante? o_O I've only been saying it's a possibility...

True, looks alone don't mean a thing, but don't forget; NT is a fan of motion capture. That's a bit more than just looks. It could be that they aren't using motion capture for this game, or that they're only modeling Dante after JRM. But we don't know for sure yet.

I'm not saying he IS Dante, Vampi; I'm just mentioning he may be a possibility, whether or not you think so.

That said, if not him, who do you think is our new Dante, Vampi? ^_^

Vampi

I actually think the voice over who says "My name is Dante" is actually Steve Blum. It has that raspy deep voice that he's known to play as. But when Dino screams, his voice when he screams doesn't sound like the voice over. So there might be two voice actors playing Dino. I don't know...

Mo-cap actor? I have no idea. It can be a middle-aged man for all you know. It doesn't matter really, cause next to Serkis they might as well be unknown.

They're only modeling it after JRM, that's all. JRM has this kinda James Dean rebel-without-a-cause look to him. This rebellious young adult look that JRM fits that profile. So they decided to model Dino after him.

Alright, if you believe its possible that's fine. But i will eat my copy of DMC 4 IF JRM is indeed motion capturing and voicing Dante. How about that?

VirgilTheart

Vampi;277672 said:
I actually think the voice over who says "My name is Dante" is actually Steve Blum. It has that raspy deep voice that he's known to play as. But when Dino screams, his voice when he screams doesn't sound like the voice over. So there might be two voice actors playing Dino. I don't know...

Mo-cap actor? I have no idea. It can be a middle-aged man for all you know. It doesn't matter really, cause next to Serkis they might as well be unknown.

They're only modeling it after JRM, that's all. JRM has this kinda James Dean rebel-without-a-cause look to him. This rebellious young adult look that JRM fits that profile. So they decided to model Dino after him.

Alright, if you believe its possible that's fine. But i will eat my copy of DMC 4 IF JRM is indeed motion capturing and voicing Dante. How about that?

I'm thinking it could be a younger voice actor, maybe Crispin Freeman? Steve Blum is a possibility though.

True, true.

Ah. That would be good reason to model after him (plus the fact that he's an attractive dude would certainly be bonus points for the female fans. ;) )

Hmm... a better idea, how about you admit you were wrong, and I was right (and vice versa if you're right) In fact, I'll even record a video of myself publically admitting I was wrong and post it on YouTube and throw in a "I should've been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIGHT!" :D You don't have to do THAT much though, if you don't want to. ^_^ Like that? :D

Vampi

Nah its not Freeman. The voice sounds more like a kid. Freeman sounds like a scary older person.

Not only cause JRM has that rebellious Don't-F**k-With-Me look in his eyes. But also, he's an alcoholic, he was raised in a tough upbringing in Ireland, he smokes. Emphasis on the smoking part. And also he's from around the British area kinda, so it goes with Dino's jacket with the British flag sumwhat.

Um...how about i'll just put up a post. I don't know how to post vids on youtube and i don't have a camera anyway even if i knew how. So a simple post on a forum will have to suffice. Besides, DMC 4 disc tastes just like chicken...if you put enough BBQ sauce on it. BBQ sauce make anything taste good.

VirgilTheart

Vampi;277688 said:
Nah its not Freeman. The voice sounds more like a kid. Freeman sounds like a scary older person.

Check out his demo of various voices. :D
http://www.crispinfreeman.com/resources/multimedia/crispinfreemancharacter.mp3

Not only cause JRM has that rebellious Don't-F**k-With-Me look in his eyes. But also, he's an alcoholic, he was raised in a tough upbringing in Ireland, he smokes. Emphasis on the smoking part. And also he's from around the British area kinda, so it goes with Dino's jacket with the British flag sumwhat.

Oooh, even more resemblance than I thought there was! :lol:

Um...how about i'll just put up a post. I don't know how to post vids on youtube and i don't have a camera anyway even if i knew how. So a simple post on a forum will have to suffice. Besides, DMC 4 disc tastes just like chicken...if you put enough BBQ sauce on it. BBQ sauce make anything taste good.

Fine by me! :D It's a deal then! ^_^

Asmodaius

Vampi;277688 said:
BBQ sauce make anything taste good.

I have that way with ketchup!

I actually showed my younger sister (who is a bit of a celebrity-stalker) the pictures and then I started talking about Dante's smoking etc, and she actually confirmed those things you just said. :p
Now I am more convinced that Ninja Theory have based Dante from JRM. I hope some interviewer picks up on this thread so they can ask NT who they have used to model Dante from.

Did they base Dante on an actual person in the past games?

Vampi

I think they have to blatantly asked "Did you model Dante after Irish actor/model Jonathan Rhys Meyers?" I think NT and Capcom will play coy though. I don't think they would confirm or deny. They'd probably say sumthing like "Whatever the fans perceive to look like".

VirgilTheart

Vampi;277705 said:
I think they have to blatantly asked "Did you model Dante after Irish actor/model Jonathan Rhys Meyers?" I think NT and Capcom will play coy though. I don't think they would confirm or deny. They'd probably say sumthing like "Whatever the fans perceive to look like".

Yeah, that'd probably be the case, considering that could hypothetically result in legal issues (maybe?) between NT & Capcom VS JRM. :(

(Unless of course JRM really IS Dante! *shot*) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom