• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We’re Ready to Develop Ninja Theory’s DmC – Platinum Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
it would be a bad idea to switch company in the middle of game development so Ninja Theory should finish DmC but it would be a very good idea for capcom to work with Platinum Games on at least one Devil May Cry game. Capcom has never had a clue what they wanted to do with Devil May Cry (i am starting to think Devil May Cry 3 was just luck) and Ninja Theory's choices have been controversial.

Platinum games would probably be able to figure out what to do with the series better that Capcom or Ninja Theory. and it would be interesting to see how Hideki Kamiya would continue the series he started.

on the other hand if DmC goes well the alternate universe Ninja Theory created may be worth continuing and in that case Ninja Theory would be the better company.

or it might be a bad idea for Capcom to work with any other company. maybe Capcom should just stop being lazy and try to fix the mess they've made of the Devil May Cry storyline and try to explain the questions instead of ignoring them.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
(i am starting to think Devil May Cry 3 was just luck)
DMC3 was basicly taking everything from DMC2 apart from the controls, and the way you pick up items and doing the polar opposite and saying "lets see you complain about it now".
They probably didn't expect it to work as well as it did as they probably thought that what they were doing was so blindingly obvious to people who were still brooding over DMC2. Lucky for them people either didn't realise at the time or didn't care.

But yeah as much as I would like to see Kamiya take back control of the series I think for the time being they should just power through and see how it turns out.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
DMC3 was basicly taking everything from DMC2 apart from the controls, and the way you pick up items and doing the polar opposite and saying "lets see you complain about it now".
They probably didn't expect it to work as well as it did as they probably thought that what they were doing was so blindingly obvious to people who were still brooding over DMC2. Lucky for them people either didn't realise at the time or didn't care.

But yeah as much as I would like to see Kamiya take back control of the series I think for the time being they should just power through and see how it turns out.
I like how dis guy thinks :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ehh.
its just wishful thinking at this point or just some dude teasing fans for kicks at this point.

Pleasure

Just the man with the gun.
No.
As much as I liked DMC3 (and four), I have faith in NT. I've liked several of their games, and I'm interested in seeing what other personal touches they're adding in addition to what we've already seen in the gameplay trailer.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Was the first DMC I played. Then 4, then 1. Never bothered with 2, but thinking about it.
same here bout it bein the first (also my fave), i actually played 2, not that good, but somehow Storm'll defend that to the death
HEY!! U WATCHIN THIS THREAD?!? :p

aka958

Don't trust people
same here bout it bein the first (also my fave), i actually played 2, not that good, but somehow Storm'll defend that to the death
HEY!! U WATCHIN THIS THREAD?!? :p

It's the first he played and his reasoning is valid against anyone that anticipates DmC. <.<

I played 3 first, however it's not my favorite. DMC4 is. .-.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think 3 is the first game you would give to a newcomer since its the jumping on point for most people

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I value two as I think it is the bridging gap between 1 and 3, although it's nothing like DMC1 it paved the way for the way 3s engine worked, I know it's cliche to say if it wasn't for two we wouldn't of had three, but in this case I think it's especially obvious and for that it gets my respect, plus they had some interesting DT ideas, whether you thought they were good interesting or bad interesting is up to you, but that's another debate ;)

aoshi

I really want NT to handover franchise as early as possible. Their new trailer at E3 was nothing special. Boss looked lame and cliche. Where are the demons?
I really wish itsuno can do something before its all gone into a new game.In short, I am not liking where NT is taking the franchise.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I really want NT to handover franchise as early as possible. Their new trailer at E3 was nothing special. Boss looked lame and cliche. Where are the demons?
I really wish itsuno can do something before its all gone into a new game.In short, I am not liking where NT is taking the franchise.
doesn't it make u think of a supernatural Resident Evil?

Pleasure

Just the man with the gun.
I say no to the handover.
It's Capcom's and NT's baby now; obviously Platinum gave it up for adoption or went out on the town one night, got drunk, then came home and beat the crap out of Capcom until ol' Cappy, tired of all that bullshit, simply left the home with baby in hand and said f*** you to Platinum Games, we're sick of this, time to start afresh.
...Hmm. Or maybe that was too specific of an example.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I say no to the handover.
It's Capcom's and NT's baby now; obviously Platinum gave it up for adoption or went out on the town one night, got drunk, then came home and beat the crap out of Capcom until ol' Cappy, tired of all that bullshit, simply left the home with baby in hand and said f*** you to Platinum Games, we're sick of this, time to start afresh.
...Hmm. Or maybe that was too specific of an example.

Although I want Platinum Games to make this game over NT I still think this post was amusing and funny lol.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom