• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We’re Ready to Develop Ninja Theory’s DmC – Platinum Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil-May-Cry-4.jpg

Upon Devil May Cry’s announcement at last year’s Tokyo Game Show, countless gamers were furious with the direction developer Ninja Theory are taking with the long running action series.
However, Platinum Games has said that they’re ready to take over the development of the reboot, if Capcom wishes them to do so.

Platinum Games designer, Hideki Kamiya, recently said on his twitter account that his studio is ready to take over the development rights for the forthcoming Devil May Cry title from Heavenly Sword creator Ninja Theory.

Kamiya first replied to a user’s concern of Ninja Theory developing the game by saying:

We, your DMC fans, ask you…PLEASE COME BACK AND FIX THIS PROBLEM!
To which the renowned designer responded:

Ask Capcom.
He then replied to a question which asked:

If Capcom came and asked you and platinum to do DMC, would Platinum management go for it?
And Kamiya said:

Sure. We’re ready.

Would you want Platinum Games to take over development for Devil May Cry?

Source: http://gaming247.eu/2011/06/16/were-ready-to-develop-ninja-theorys-dmc-platinum-games/

If me, hell yes. I would rather have Platinum Games take over the new DMC game development than Ninja Theory.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh ho damn. I've got faith in NT, but if Platinum takes it, then holy hell it's sure to be great.

Hopefully they keep the redesign though. I'd like that.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I say HELL YEA!!!

Give it to Platinum Games IMMEDIATELY.

I have not liked this new direction since day 1 and it only seems to be getting worse which is why I would love for Capcom to let Platinum Games take the reigns.

Chrysander

"take over development"... well I think they should just delete everything and go in a new direction. But yes, Platinum Games are such a better choice, obviously.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I wouldn't say no to a DMC game being made by platinum, but I'm currently liking the changes by NT. And I also think that this title could be NT's big breakthrough, because from what i've heard they're games are basically mediocre. Maybe for another Devil May Cry, but not for this one.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I wouldn't say no to a DMC game being made by platinum, but I'm currently liking the changes by NT. And I also think that this title could be NT's big breakthrough, because from what i've heard they're games are basically mediocre. Maybe for another Devil May Cry, but not for this one.

Yea their games have been mediocre.

And MAYBE this could be the title that gets them a good reputation.

or.....

MAYBE they ruin a very cool and established franchise by making it mediocre or below just like all their other games.

Thats why I rather Platinum games handle this.

Atleast we know they know how to make a DMC game the right way.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Hmmmmm interesting. No matter who develops it people are going to either love or hate it. Capcom have got a hard job either way. ^_^

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Hmmmmm interesting. No matter who develops it people are going to either love or hate it. Capcom have got a hard job either way. ^_^

But you have to weigh both options.

On one hand we have a Developer who has had a history of mediocre games (NT). And I have always had the opinion that a gaming company should atleast have a good track record before being handed such a franchise that has a large fanbase such a DMC. I just do not think NT has shown us anything to assure us that they are going to make the best DMC game EVER (which is what they keep claiming to be doing).

On on the other hand we have Platinum Games which obviously has a history of making DMC and DMC style games and Hideki Kamiya who obviously knows how to handle Devil May Cry in the right way.

When you weigh these two options its obvious who the lesser of the 2 evils are here.

I think the fanbase would be MUCH happier then they are now if Platinum Games handles this because right now there are ALOT of skeptics (like myself) who are worried about NT handling our beloved franchise given their rather shacky track record.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Dante would be going back to Daddy (his creator.)
At least with Platinum games, we would know what to expect, plus, as a fan, I would feel much happier... Look at it this way, Platinum games are made out of ex-Capcom employees...

But this is all 'what if' and 'what could be'... it won't actually happen.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"take over development"... well I think they should just delete everything and go in a new direction. But yes, Platinum Games are such a better choice, obviously.

That's the thing though, you don't spend money on developing one game and then say "f*ck it" and go try making another. They invested time and money into this game as it is now and I'll be damned if they don't finish it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I agree with storm silves on this one because at this point its too late for them to switch since they are in too deep money wise and fans wont let them take the easy way out since they would wanna see if capcom is going to put there money where their mouth is and see if this game is the greatest DMC game or if it rightfully crashes and burns.

I do have a weird desire what he would do with the series if he were to regain full control just as long as he doesnt handle the storyline personally, he can write the outline and create character etc, just leave the execution and dialogue to someone else.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
personally, i find it rather arrogant of platinum games to make this statement. i know they've helped with DMC before and that's great...but capcom didn't give them the job this time...they want a new direction and a more cohesive story....sorry platinum, but u had your chance, and while everyone loved the game, capcom decided to go another route...that's the way business is

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Capcom wouldn't offer it to Platinum anyway and it's literately because he Kamiya to work for them, Capcom seem to have the mentality of a 3 Y/O, "you left, so now I'm not going to speak with you because you smell!" I even saw someone thought that the reason for this reboot was to rub it in Kamiyas face, while unlikely, I wouldn't put it past them to be that petty.

Asmodaius

personally, i find it rather arrogant of platinum games to make this statement. i know they've helped with DMC before and that's great...but capcom didn't give them the job this time...they want a new direction and a more cohesive story....sorry platinum, but u had your chance, and while everyone loved the game, capcom decided to go another route...that's the way business is

Exactly!

Capcom wouldn't offer it to Platinum anyway and it's literately because he Kamiya to work for them, Capcom seem to have the mentality of a 3 Y/O, "you left, so now I'm not going to speak with you because you smell!" I even saw someone thought that the reason for this reboot was to rub it in Kamiyas face, while unlikely, I wouldn't put it past them to be that petty.

And you seriously believe Capcom would be petty like that? How judgemental of you...

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I do, I've grown up with Capcom and I don't just mean I played their games growing up, they have grown as a company with me, I've followed them for years and over these years I have seen them turn from an innovative, aspiring company that rewards hard work and had respect for it's fans and employees to a selfish, money grabbing bigot that cares about figures, the slander of other companies to enforce their own and proving they are right and other actions that enforce their immaturity (just look at Inufunes statements) I know the industry has changed over the years and certain actions must be taken to survive but that is no excuse for changing base values, especially in a culture that's built around respect.

Asmodaius

As a company, Capcom has every right to choose who they wish to co-operate with and not. Clearly they chose NOT to do so with Platinum Games on this game. Instead they chose to work with Ninja Theory. If you like the results or not is only to be judged when they have the FINAL result. To say now that the game will suck or something alike, or to say it is perfect - either way, it is WAAAY too soon to make such a conclusion. We can only judge by what we have seen so far. Anything else is narrowminded.

I don't know of Capcom's behaviour as a company, but what I know is that they are doing what they think is right. You can disagree with their choices and find them immature, but I dare say that they know much more about their own company values than you do.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Creator of Resi evil knows EXACTLY how Capcom behaves. Apparently you only have to turn up at work and do nothing to be paid, that is why he left Capcom for Platinum, he disagreed with how the company was being run.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
O.O *deep breath* YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
*think Stand Up And Shout by Steel Dragon to get this*
Creator of Resi evil knows EXACTLY how Capcom behaves. Apparently you only have to turn up at work and do nothing to be paid, that is why he left Capcom for Platinum, he disagreed with how the company was being run.
sounds like my kinda job :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom