• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Watch The Walking Dead?

Who's your favourite Walking Dead Character?

• Rick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrea

• Daryl

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Glenn

• Other

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
I'm a huge fan of the show and extremely excited for the continuation of season 3 coming in late February on AMC.

Are you a walker fan too? Who are you favorite characters?
What's your thoughts on season 3 and where it's going?

Feel free to spill your thoughts. :)

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
@VampireWicked Thanks for replying to the thread - lol. I put it up a while ago and was disappointed no one replied, even more so, thought no one liked the Walking Dead! :blink:

I've seen the first two episodes of the continuation so far. I really don't like the Governor at all anymore, he's just mean. I feel bad that Rick is hallucinating again - he needs some rest and food to get a kick start. I'm real happy that Daryl and his brother have reunited with the group at the prison in such a situation. I can't wait to see whats going to happen in the next episodes!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Im a fan of the show & have been enjoying Season 3 so far, glad things are moving quickly again after a couple of slow episodes. Id say Daryl is my favourite character by far though Merle does crack me up, just hard to dislike that guy.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I just unbelievable that everyone is so lost in the show.
Not much if any game plan whatsoever.

Havent really been given much to work towards though both the Prison & Woodbury arent exactly great places to be. Could hit the road again & search for another 'Safe Haven' but like Glenn said in the last episode they didnt have a baby & one legged guy to look after last time. They had food, water & shelter in the prison as well as originally being quite safe from walkers. However they havent been given any beacon of light (so to speak) to head towards since the CDC so instinct would tell you to stay where you have felt safest & up to now thats where they are. Guessing thats going to change after the Governors assault on the Prison.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I know but in the comics they were waaaay more organized, they had a plan even before the governor appeared.
Rick taught everyone how to shoot.
Andrea was great with a rifle, her, Maggie, glenn, Rick had them on the guard towers.
Andrea never left Rick's group, she's hung around Dale alot.
The rest were inside watching the fences.
Hershel & Rick went back to Hershel's farm & gotten supplies, as well as seeds to grow crops.
They were actually growing food in the prison yard because Hershel taught everyone how to farm.
Rick wasn't as clueless on what to do as he is in the television series.
The television series is sooo far off, it's a different universe.

Well Rick & Shane did teach some to shoot in the show, it has showed Andrea getting better & better with her rifle. Andrea did leave the group but she also was quite close to Dale in the show. It was hinted about them growing crops on the farm but fans of the show apparently got bored with them being on the farm so producers had to move things on quickly. Rick seemed to have a plan for a while & only now hes gone off the rails & lost it. Different universe & lots of things are different from what people have told me, but a lot of the underlying tones are still there but have to be tweaked for excitement purposes.

TV cant be as slow paced as other media as if viewing figures drop shows get cancelled fast (a sad reality unfortunately) & The Walking Dead's figures are great currently but only thing people were negative about were those slower paced parts (The Farm mainly). So they have to be careful, doesnt help that the directors keep leaving & getting shuffled around so its different peoples views being portrayed in different episodes. Though Robert Kirkman is heavily involved so he will have most of the creative control himself. If I was working on a show about something id written etc id probably change a decent amount too (nothing huge of course) but minor things I would as a way of self editing & maybe having different ideas after my work had been published.

This is why I find it hard reading any books/movie tie-ins etc as people will always find themselves picking faults & changes from one to the other. I want to judge it on its own merits rather than how closely it copies/follows something else. I just tend to stick with not knowing whats going to happen in movies & TV shows & leave off reading the books/comics etc so I dont spoil the experience & find myself doing the same. May go & read them after shows/movie series have ended for good so then I can judge them on their own merits too.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yea i try to do the same too.
On it's own merits the show is just all over the place.
No one has a plan & most lack commonsense.
Rick outside the fence on some quest for his spirit animal is ridiculous.
The part where he runs out of ammo so quickly was WHAT THE SMURF! Really ? You didn't check ? Lack in commonsense.
Okay one episode they had silencers BUT nobody has knives ?
lol This is why i like Daryl, crossbow but hey commonsense i'm going to get my arrows back.

Rick is having a breakdown about Lori, not uncommon really to imagine you are seeing people who have died in such a manner. Also he was carrying a gun that fires at a fast rate and one that holds 6 bullets in the chambers so unless he had pockets full of bullets & clips he would have run dry fast.

Dark Drakan

Admin
True, but zombie situation i'd tell everyone start caring knives.

Guess it depends on if you could find them, wouldnt be to difficult to raid a store with some in but I havent seen any lying around in the show besides the ones they have used. The stores have seemed mostly empty, plus for entertainment purposes it adds to the peril to know they are lightly armed & under constant threat.

Season 3 was lame.

"Loool! Let's keep talking about how we're going to prepare for battle in case one of them comes to attack us"

Most disappointing last episode too. For some reason each season seems like it's written and directed by different people. I'll have to check that out.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Most disappointing last episode too. For some reason each season seems like it's written and directed by different people. I'll have to check that out.

Thats because most of the seasons were, they have been through a couple of showrunners/writers etc now more info on the Wiki. The last episode had some good parts but for the most part it was really frustrating, the big battle that never was, lots of time wasting & that infuriating Andrea part where I was almost shouting at the screen 'Get on with it, stop just sitting there looking!'. Season 4 will have a new showrunner too I believe.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I liked the first part of season 3, but the second... they seemed to be going nowhere, and those parts with Andrea really started to **** me off. And the final battle was deluding, too short and easy for Rick's group, if compared to the fuss everyone made about it...
I personally think the ideas they had for the story were really good and interesting, but, especially in the second part of the season, the script did not honor them well, because it was too strained in some boring parts and too swift in more important ones.
But I like where the story is going, and the situation that has been created. I hope season 4 will be better dealt with in terms of script.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
To be honest...I hate zombies and anything to do with them. But I've loved every episode of Walking Dead so far. I like that it's more focused on the people than the zombies. And...yeah, I like Daryl. >_> *noms*

Dark Drakan

Admin
To be honest...I hate zombies and anything to do with them. But I've loved every episode of Walking Dead so far. I like that it's more focused on the people than the zombies. And...yeah, I like Daryl. >_> *noms*

Lots of people have the same attitude about The Walking Dead, its much more than another zombie piece of media.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I for one am one of them, never really liked zombies... But in this series, they seem to me just a very well played "excuse" to put people in a very different situation, and to see how they react... As the series goes by, walkers become something that is, how can I say, part of the environment, like a rain or a wild animal could be.
I really appreciate this aspect of the series, and the fact they focus on problems of relating to people while rebuilding a society, and the way all morals change with the situation at hand...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Thats because most of the seasons were, they have been through a couple of showrunners/writers etc now more info on the Wiki. The last episode had some good parts but for the most part it was really frustrating, the big battle that never was, lots of time wasting & that infuriating Andrea part where I was almost shouting at the screen 'Get on with it, stop just sitting there looking!'. Season 4 will have a new showrunner too I believe.
That part where Andrea died kind of really surprised me because I didn't expect her to die so soon. I've been reading The Walking Dead comics since it came out. I've read every single issue so far so I like how the show differs drastically from the comic books. If I knew everything that was going to happen I would have no reason to watch the show. There are time where the show surpasses the comic books especially with the confrontation between Rick and Shane. I'm hoping now Michoone and Rick will get closer because they are pretty tight in the comics.

I thought the season 3 finale was pretty cool even if some will say it was anti climatic. Being open ended like that and the events that went down I can only imagine where the story goes next. I'm glad the Governor is still alive as well. The guy is like my favorite character from the books and in the show he's just as cool. They had to cut back with his brutality a little bit but that's understandable because it's still a tv show. Comic books seem to be able to get away with more. It's why also I'm expecting the gang rape scene to be cut from KickAss 2.

Dark Drakan

Admin
That part where Andrea died kind of really surprised me because I didn't expect her to die so soon. I've been reading The Walking Dead comics since it came out. I've read every single issue so far so I like how the show differs drastically from the comic books. If I knew everything that was going to happen I would have no reason to watch the show. There are time where the show surpasses the comic books especially with the confrontation between Rick and Shane. I'm hoping now Michoone and Rick will get closer because they are pretty tight in the comics.

I thought the season 3 finale was pretty cool even if some will say it was anti climatic. Being open ended like that and the events that went down I can only imagine where the story goes next. I'm glad the Governor is still alive as well. The guy is like my favorite character from the books and in the show he's just as cool. They had to cut back with his brutality a little bit but that's understandable because it's still a tv show. Comic books seem to be able to get away with more. It's why also I'm expecting the gang rape scene to be cut from KickAss 2.

I love to hate the Governor, much the same as I love to hate Joffrey from Game of Thrones. Im happy he wasnt just finished with in that rushed finale & that he will return for the next season as David Morrissey was only originally signed for one season but they have extended it. The show needs a villian character & he is great at it & I think hes done a great job. Its a shame TV shows feel they need to strip things back but I dont want shows to do things just for cheap shock tactics, however Game of Thrones & Spartacus have got away with rape scenes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I love to hate the Governor, much the same as I love to hate Joffrey from Game of Thrones. Im happy he wasnt just finished with in that rushed finale & that he will return for the next season as David Morrissey was only originally signed for one season but they have extended it. The show needs a villian character & he is great at it & I think hes done a great job. Its a shame TV shows feel they need to strip things back but I dont want shows to do things just for cheap shock tactics, however Game of Thrones & Spartacus have got away with rape scenes.
Game of Thrones and Spartacus also don't air on AMC though.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He was okay but i don't think it needs a running villain theme.
It shouldn't be half another season of Rick vs the Governor, it's gotten tiresome already.
There should be more focus on them surviving different problems not just the villain of the week.
The Governor shouldn't be the M. Bison of the walking dead.
Separate the characters some more, two or three episodes where it's two three or four separated from the main group so it could give a chance to know the characters who they are as individuals & not just part of a main group.
It's like they're better when it's small groups of them.
What about food, ammunition, gasoline.
The cannibals from the book could make for 3 great episodes.
Have different survival problems for different small groups to run into & deal with.
They shouldn't stay in the prison too much longer either, it's becoming stale.
A new location would keep it fresh.
The prison was a big deal in the books and it isn't something you really rush through. The Governor is not just some dude you toss out at the end of the season to just move on. When the Governor makes his final assault on the prison, it's going to be big. I wonder if they will go through with killing Judith.

Dark Drakan

Admin
He was okay but i don't think it needs a running villain theme.
It shouldn't be half another season of Rick vs the Governor, it's gotten tiresome already.
There should be more focus on them surviving different problems not just the villain of the week.
The Governor shouldn't be the M. Bison of the walking dead.
Separate the characters some more, two or three episodes where it's two three or four separated from the main group so it could give a chance to know the characters who they are as individuals & not just part of a main group.
It's like they're better when it's small groups of them.
What about food, ammunition, gasoline.
The cannibals from the book could make for 3 great episodes.
Have different survival problems for different small groups to run into & deal with.
They shouldn't stay in the prison too much longer either, it's becoming stale.
A new location would keep it fresh.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree & I wouldnt want another half a season of that either as it was running its course. However I already felt a little ripped off by the ending of the season, getting rid of him quickly in that episode would have felt like a cheap way of getting rid of a really big character. I also agree that the Prison is done & they should move from that, something which id believe they are working towards as they dont have enough rations for everyone they took from Woodbury.

Game of Thrones and Spartacus also don't air on AMC though.

True enough but it shows it can be done on TV without too much controversy.

Top Bottom