• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

wat do u expect of DMC4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicked_lester

i'll tell u what i expect...A KICK ASS GAME THATS WHAT!!!! but i would like to see cooler weapons and some story to tell us what happend to sparda and or eva

Chrysander

Hurr, I don't know what to expect, but I can say what I want and don't want:

Want:
+Dante as a playable character for the entire / (most of the) story
+Similar play style to DMC3
+More weapons, both melee and guns - more interesting / cool guns. I found myself really just relying on the handguns and not really using the others, sometimes shotgun, sometimes rocket... But I'd like to see maybe 10 sword/melee weapons and perhaps 6 or 7 guns. That'd make my day! But I'd be happy with 6 of each. But it really depends on the quality of each weapon, I don't want 5 ****ty weapons and 5 cool ones, I might as well just have the 5 cool on their own.
+Same rock/metal/dark theme to the game
+More cool moves / stunts for Dante to pull off
+Would be cool to play as another character, but that's not top of my list
+Better continue system. It was getting better in DMC3, but still wasn't perfect. It did make it hard though, which was cool. If they just let you save constantly, that'd be way too easy. But they could have moderately hard check points, so you don't have to do the ENTIRE level again perhaps... but I dunno. It wasn't that much of a problem for me.
+More interesting way to get more orbs and power up. Powering up was really awesome, but just doing level 1 over and over wasn't that cool. Maybe every 5 levels they could give you a new straight-out fighting level like level 1, but tougher. So for the first 4 levels, you'll be going back to 1 to power up. Then you get to level 5, and you can use that to get more orbs, it has toughter enemies and you can earn orbs faster there, and it'd just be a change of scenery. The amount of times I played level 1 on DMC3 was obscene. Then they could do another at stage 10, and at stage 15. Cool.
+Should be able to GRAB some of the enemies. Grab skill could be increased, so you can grab larger and larger enemies. I want to see Dante doing suplexes and DDTs and powerbombs, how awesome would that be? It'd add a whole new dimension to the game I think, if done right.
+the same level of difficulty, and extreme boss battles! Oh yeah! I like to face a boss first time and think 'Damn there is no way to win!!' and gradually get better, that is awesome. I don't want it to be easy.

DON'T WANT:
-Vehicles (someone else suggested this) I really don't think it'd work in the DMC world, it'd just be a lame kind of sub-game thing and wouldn't fit
-Collecting keys from obscure places and walking around an empty map for minutes on end. Also it should be clear where the destination is to save the tediousness of wandering around - again, in an empty place. Or give better clues on the larger levels of exactly where you're meant to be going. Just walking in DMC isn't fun in my opinion, things don't need to be so spread out.
-Platform sections, I don't want ANY, the engine is not built for it and it's just frustating.
-'Simpler' controls, as have been hinted at. I think the controls are fine and allow a lot of freedom. To 'simplify' them, I worry it would restrict what you can do at one time.

Curse

Cursed Girl
devilmaycry;2070 said:
Amongst what has already mentioned - I would really like to see a decent co-operative/multiplayer mode implemented.

yesss!!!!
that is what i always wanted...i always wanted to prove ma bro that i'm way better then him xD

mm...
1.it would be better if thouse weren't missions but just one long non stop killer game! (but with FMV ofcourse... :} )
2.sawe points! >_</
3.like Chrysander said the game shoul hawe same style
4.and no Vehicles! (what's the point in them? o_O we're not talkign about NFS are we? )
5.they MUST keep the music like in DMC3 :}
6.like someone already mentioned i would alsow like to combine the styles..

oh and i want a story line that would make me skip school and play DMC 4!

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
i agree with u Curse................but music should be Metal...............coz metal is the perfect way for his Job
the same styles would be good...............but more styles it would be a party that would never ends

Curse

Cursed Girl
d4rkn1ght;5322 said:
i agree with u Curse................but music should be Metal...............coz metal is the perfect way for his Job
the same styles would be good...............but more styles it would be a party that would never ends

i think that in DMC 3 stage music 17 begging song was perfect!
it was like church music but that sound is just divine... ^__^
so i say it should keep the music like in DMC 3

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
like Church and Divine music mixed with Metal it would be Perfeito...........it would be the song of my Heavens............swimming like a fish and flying with Devil´s wings

Curse

Cursed Girl
Crimson Lucy;5515 said:
Devil May Cry does NOT need save points. Try not to suck so hard.

i don;t suck ( thanks for being so friendly -.- )

i just want that there wuoldn't be that mission thing but that there would be one long cool game with sawing points ^^

Curse

Cursed Girl
Crimson Lucy;5530 said:
Thats whats wrong with gamers today. They wanna be spoon fed.

Suck it up and quit dying!! Jeez.

who said anything about dying? XD
ijust liek it when the game isn't made by this mission system...i lowe it when it's FF style

Chrysander

Crimson Lucy;5530 said:
Thats whats wrong with gamers today. They wanna be spoon fed.

Suck it up and quit dying!! Jeez.

I don't get where you're coming from. I mean, almost everybody must have got owned pretty bad on DMC3 at several stages and kept dying. I would have thought there is only a tiny amount of people who never ever died through the whole game... When you DO die on DMC3, you either spend the continue orb, or you do the whole stage again, it's a bit of a bummer. I like it being mission-based, being able to do the game in segments then go back to each mission, that is cool. And I think that being able to save at any point would make it way too easy, they shouldn't do that. However, it does get boring sometimes when you've done a whole level which might take you 15 minutes, then you die at the boss, and have to do those 15 minutes again, and again, and if you keep doing it it can bug you. There must be some way around this which wouldn't make it any easier, but also is less tedious. Dying on part B doesn't mean you aren't good enough at part A which you've done 10 times already, and doing part A gets dull sometimes if you're frustrated and just want to get part B done.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Crimson Lucy;5541 said:
But its not FF. It's Devil May Cry.

ur right...............and DMC is a Hell of a party that would not be forget 4ever.............................the celebration will be superb than another games.....................LETS ROCK BABY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom