• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WARNING: Halo 3 Causing Serious Problems on 360s

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
It has actually been reported that the Halo 3 programming is causing a lot of problems including lockups, disk-read errors and even the Red Ring of Death on a lot of Xbox360 consoles. It seems that it is definitely just the disk and it has occured on the standard edition of the game, not just the Limited and Collector's edition bundles. So as a result, I would not even touch the game with a barge pole if I were you. And that is the best advice I can possibly give if you are thinking of buying the game. Here is the link, but not the official source:

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-70753.aspx

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
My friend has it and so far he has not said anything about any problems. It could be another God of War thing going on. God of War would not play in some ps2s for some reason. Could be a similarity.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
God Of War doesn't work on the slimline version of the PS2 but with Halo 3 I don't actually think it is which consle you buy. I have recently bought an Elite version of the Xbox360 and it has never given me any problems at all. I am just curious why so many people are reporting errors and the RRoD all of a sudden and all of those people have had the problem with just Halo 3 and not any other game. I'm not buying...

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Huh, I play God of War on the slimline PS2 all the time and I haven't had any problems. Anyway, I have to agree with DK, that's why PS3 is better. I just hope there aren't any problems with DMC4 when it comes out.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The dark knight;53091 said:
*BURSTS OUT LAUGHING*That is why the PS3 is better boys and girls....

:lol: fanboys crack me up... plague of gaming today. :dry:

However if you want to make comments like that it might help if the PS3 had some games on it to run right now and be in a better position for you to mock other consoles to be honest :lol:

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yay! There's some PS3 fans! Im so tired of people dissing the PS3. Most people don't even give it a chance.

Anyways, I've never heard of a game disrupting it's own console. I wonder why that's happening.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Bad programming and inproper tuning perhaps?

And I am prepared to kill any fanboy of any console. Seriously, why try to impress something that isn't going to get you laid?

$JP

Supreme Ruler
KoRn_Dowwg666;53125 said:
And I am prepared to kill any fanboy of any console. Seriously, why try to impress something that isn't going to get you laid?

Amen 2 that;)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
KoRn_Dowwg666;53125 said:

Because everything doesn't have to do with sex and/or getting laid. >_> Sheesh!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The dark knight;53091 said:
*BURSTS OUT LAUGHING*That is why the PS3 is better boys and girls....

Dark Drakan;53108 said:
:lol: fanboys crack me up... plague of gaming today. :dry:

However if you want to make comments like that it might help if the PS3 had some games on it to run right now and be in a better position for you to mock other consoles to be honest :lol:
I find it interesting that PS3 lovers are accused of being fanbois when 360 devotees are just as bad :lol: Come on guys - each to their own and all that :p

To my knowledge, the PS3 gets far less complaints about performance and console failure than the 360 even though at the moment there aren't as many decent games available. Give it time and maybe they will be able to utilise the PS3's potential to the max and then people can have a proper row about which is better.../off-topic

Back on topic, the 360 has been beset by problems since its release, so it doesn't surprise me that it has experienced some issues with certain Halo 3 copies...hopefully it is just a dodgy batch of games perhaps and the problem can be fixed by people being refunded with new games.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angel;53300 said:
I find it interesting that PS3 lovers are accused of being fanbois when 360 devotees are just as bad :lol: Come on guys - each to their own and all that :p

Maybe so but im no fanboy and i dislike all sets of them , i do actually give credit where credit is due for a consoles achievements and accomplishments. The ps3 is a great technological achievement and advancement that would have done much better had the marketing department not screwed up so badly and they hadnt lost so many exclusives. If the PS3 had any games i wanted on it i would have one right now, i wouldnt just steer clear of it because i have a hatred for it for no reason like most fanboys who seem to jump all over other consoles at any given chance seem to do. Ive always been impartial when it comes to consoles but couldnt help pointing out in lots of articles some of the major mistakes Sony made with the PS3 that should never have happened. Not the consoles fault as the console itself seems like a damn good solid system, just the pen pushers and people high up in the company that tarnished the PS3 and caused it to not meet expectations.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm not picking on you :p

The problem with the PS3 is that it hasn't been pushed far enough - it was released with a huge price tag and little to offer the discerning gamer. Compared to what was offered on the PS2, this was a disappointment to many people - I'm a fan of Playstation consoles so I was a little hacked off with the lack of titles and not much to play with.

Pen-pushing, red tape, whatever you want to call it - you are indeed correct in that they have cocked up as the PS3 has the potential to be an incredible console. I actually think it's a shame that DMC4 is no longer a PS exclusive - they could do with more exclusive titles to try and recapture a rapidly departing group of consumers...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angel;53365 said:
I'm not picking on you :p

:lol: i know, i was just stating what i meant.

Angel;53365 said:
The problem with the PS3 is that it hasn't been pushed far enough - it was released with a huge price tag and little to offer the discerning gamer. Compared to what was offered on the PS2, this was a disappointment to many people - I'm a fan of Playstation consoles so I was a little hacked off with the lack of titles and not much to play with.

Pen-pushing, red tape, whatever you want to call it - you are indeed correct in that they have cocked up as the PS3 has the potential to be an incredible console. I actually think it's a shame that DMC4 is no longer a PS exclusive - they could do with more exclusive titles to try and recapture a rapidly departing group of consumers...

Fact that they are pushing it as a Blu Ray player only right now is the wrong move if they want it to be taken seriously in Games market. However it is an excellent and cheap Blu Ray player compared to most on the market. They need more games, exclusive ones and in general.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I did like the look of that community thing they were on about including...dunno if that is happening or not now, but it looked pretty cool - bit of a haven for groomers, but then you can say that about anything these days.

I think it was a bit silly to drip feed fans the power of the PS3 when they ought to have let them have it all from the start...it has so much potential...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angel;53421 said:
I did like the look of that community thing they were on about including...dunno if that is happening or not now, but it looked pretty cool - bit of a haven for groomers, but then you can say that about anything these days.

Oh you mean 'Home'? Yeah its still happening just been delayed until next year.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That was it - couldn't recall the name of it...I just remember it sounding like quite an ambitious venture. Again, why on earth didn't they get it ready in time for the launch of the console?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angel;53458 said:
That was it - couldn't recall the name of it...I just remember it sounding like quite an ambitious venture. Again, why on earth didn't they get it ready in time for the launch of the console?

Because the PS3 itself was rushed out because they didnt want Nintendo and Microsoft getting to much of a lead with sales. Thats why Europe had to wait 6-8 months for it because they quickly shipped what stocks they had made to apparent leading areas for past sales and said Europes sales werent enough and we would have to wait. So they tried to manufacture them as quickly as they could to get them on shelves in US and Japan mainly. This left some of its features incomplete and why we had to settle for a stripped down version months and months afterwards and countless backwards compatibility updates that US and Japan had got first soon as we got them here.

Top Bottom