• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VStyle Tournament is up, accepting DmC entries!

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
If you're submitting for multiple games, do you submit one video of your best combos of all the games you're entering for, or a separate video for each game?
it is highly preferred if you submit a single video containing clips from each game. There's no specific rule against each person submitting multiple videos, but if everyone did that, the entries would get really bloated really quick.

Keep in mind, even if all your clips are from different games, each clip used has to conform to the rules for whichever style of video you are submitting. For example, if submitting a "traditional style" video using five clips from five games, each of those five clips must show you doing a full room clear (enemies stop spawning), or a full boss fight, with no cutting away from the action until each respective clip is finished.

Oh yeah, might as well say this now. It's not listed, but our "you are allowed to speed up your clips by 25%" is unofficially there to balance out games that don't have a turbo mode. DMC4 and the PC version of DMC3 have turbo modes which increase speeds by 20%, so other games that don't have turbo modes might look sluggish in comparison. There's no rule against it, but it's polite not to speed up your clips if you're already running a game in turbo mode.

This was a good question, so I'm going to throw this info into the OP FAQ

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Yup! Though I'm not very good, and once school starts back I'm going to have almost zero free time to practice or make a really polished video. It's going to be pretty mediocre compared to some of the incredible stuff people were doing last season

Yeah pretty much the same with me, I just have so much fun entering and putting the video together. Speaking of which I've actually just finished my entry. :D

Can't wait to see yours Kam, are you entering under the same name?

Kam

Yeah pretty much the same with me, I just have so much fun entering and putting the video together. Speaking of which I've actually just finished my entry. :D

Can't wait to see yours Kam, are you entering under the same name?
damn, that soon? Deadline isn't till march! Well you know what they say about the early bird and all that, should be interesting.

I'll be entering, though I don't know what name I'll be submitting under since I don't really have a "regular" tag I go by. Just keep an eye out for the malk mirror I use as my icon, good chance it'll be me. Probably won't be in till last minute though, since my free time is pretty limited

SpawnShooter

I would have loved to have put in more work as it's been so long since I've played but I was satisfied with what I got and needed to focus on other things really so it was good to get it out the way.

Persides if the current bracket is anything to go by I'm against ArrancarDante first anyway! :p

Kam

I would have loved to have put in more work as it's been so long since I've played but I was satisfied with what I got and needed to focus on other things really so it was good to get it out the way.

Persides if the current bracket is anything to go by I'm against ArrancarDante first anyway! :p
I don't think the brackets actually mean anything, they're just there because of the site they use. In the end they just throw all the videos up together and they're all judged in one bunch

SpawnShooter

Fingers crossed, it would be a bit weird otherwise, I just wasn't around for the first one so wasn't sure. Either way I'm still hyped, just a shame we're not aloud to release the vids publicly before hand.

Kam

Fingers crossed, it would be a bit weird otherwise, I just wasn't around for the first one so wasn't sure. Either way I'm still hyped, just a shame we're not aloud to release the vids publicly before hand.
yeah, one video being out well before the others could skew the judging

Kam

Is UMvC3 allowed? Using Dante, Vergil and Trish only. Seeing how Max Anarchy is in the list. For example:
I don't know, maybe? I haven't seen fighting games entered before and I don't think they quite fit in. Definitely visit the rules link and send a message and ask. If it's allowed, I'm pretty sure you won't be limited to just dante, vergil, and trish. Anyone you can play stylishly would be okay, but once again, an arcade style fighter seems like it would be an odd entry next to all the others. Who knows?

Top Bottom