• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Views On Cyber Dating

Arwen

Lost Soul
OK as most of you are aware me Dalkin and Dante 1.1 are in a relationship. I was wondering what everyones views where on this and in cyber dating in general.

All opinions are excepted. Say what you want basically.

I really hope the admins don't mind me asking this. Please message me if you do and I'll change it.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'm all for it; me and my wife first met online.

Good luck to you and Dante 1.1 by the way! ;)

Lady_0989

#1 For Goodies
Do you guys talk over the phone, and have you seen eachother, even in a pic;)

Im probably never gonna do it, but i dont see why people wouldnt.:lol:

Lady_0989

#1 For Goodies
But for me i couldnt develop a real relation ship w/ someone over the net.;)
I need touch, not in a dirty way, and voice... Maybe that just me.:lol: :p

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yes some think that you need to touch them etc.
But when it actually happens you feel content with less than you can imagine. That love-guy really changes ppl;)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well as Steve said he met Sharon online and now they are married and i met Hexadecimal (Noelle) online and we are boyfriend and girlfriend and are meeting up in Montreal in the summer. Also speak everyday on MSN and chat over mics. So it can work, it might seem wierd to some people but its no different to having a long distance relationship and talking over the phone. All depends what the final outcome is i guess as Steve and Sharons 'started' online but is now at the stage its at (living together and married) and me and Hex will be together in person aswel so if you plan on continuing it and pursuing it then go for it. However if its going to stay a 'cyber' relationship then it will stop at some point as theres not to much you can do relationship wise over the net and you will have to have some real contact and such at some point.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Dalkin;27187 said:
OK as most of you are aware me Dalkin and Dante 1.1 are in a relationship. I was wondering what everyones views where on this and in cyber dating in general.

All opinions are excepted. Say what you want basically.

I really hope the admins don't mind me asking this. Please message me if you do and I'll change it.
Well there is a difference between a cyber relationship and cybering.

Cybering is actually a serious forum offence. Basically, cybering is sexual intercourse over the internet...serioiusly.

A cyber relationship in my eyes is okay but you are in risk of meeting a paedophile who claims to be 15 but is actually a 50 year old pervert...

So yeah, I don't particularly like internet rlationships, although some examples like Sharon and Steve are exceptions. All I am saying is that it is risky...

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
I'll have to agree with KoRn in that case...it IS risky and very few people are as lucky as Steve,Sharon,Andy(Drakan), and Noelle.

I myself would never indulge in a cyber relationship.Friendship is all well and good,but a relationship? Nah...

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
:ninja: I personally think it's..an interesting experience to say the least. I've had relationships online before. Mine was a total of 4 years long. Then she decided that she wanted something different. Not meeting in all that time is hard on a relationship (Her parents were evil)
I also met my current boyfriend on myspace.
there's always risks with EVERYTHING you do in life.

Hexadecimal

Queen of Chaos
well, cyber relationships now are a lot different than how they are perceived...
I mean, for one thing, with being able to have video and audio converstions, you can tell whether the other person really is who they claim to be, or just some dirty old pervert... so the odds of meeting some old geezer pretending to be 16 are still high, but once they turn on their camera and mic, you'll see that they aren't, and just wont get into a relationship with them... unless you're into that... o_O
online relationships may lack physical contact also, but they make up for that in how well you get to know the other person... there are plenty of people in relationships in person, who never talk, and who have next to nothing in common... I'm sure you've met them, they ***** about being forced to go do something with their insignificant other... when all you have is the conversation though, you really get to know each other, and communication is a lot more important to a relationship than anything else...
... obviously meeting someone online isn't for everyone, I didn't think it was for me but here I am :D... but picking someone up at the bar or at school isn't for everyone either... it's really more than anything just a matter of what makes you happy... do that and you can't go wrong, really :ninja:

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
Hexadecimal;27503 said:
online relationships may lack physical contact also, but they make up for that in how well you get to know the other person...

I forgot to say that. You can get to know the people you like online better, because you're online. I personally have a hard time talking to people in real life, but online it's not so difficult because people aren't looking at me.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hmm...well as it has already been pointed out, it worked for me - but that's not to say it doesn't work as well. Think about it; we all can slate an online relationship, but before Internet dating was letter writing to your loved-one...just as risky, really, yet it was an accepted form of courtship for many many years.

As an adult, Dalkin, you know what you're about - you have a child and I'm sure you have taken that into consideration and that, quite frankly, is the main thing of any concern, as you know. As people have already said, the beauty of an online relationship is there is the benefit of really getting to know someone without the whole "sex first, talk later" aspect which is rife these days (and far more dangerous, in my opinion). Think of how many people pick each other up in bars, go home, have sex and then don't ever speak again or go together but their relationship is based on sex and not communication, trust, respect and all that other stuff...online, you get to know the person because that is all there is to know at the moment - their personality comes through and if anything, the only warning I would issue is if you have had about three intensive online conversations and within about six hours, you're planning the wedding...again, I can't talk coz that was me :lol:...but you get what I mean...

With a kid involved, hate to say this, but it can complicate things. If you are happy to remain in an online relationship without meeting up regularly for the time being, then obviously there is no need to introduce your new guy into your kid's life...but there will come a point where you may do that and then it's a very delicate balancing act - even at that young age. You need to also be sure that if you cannot meet for a long time, is that enough for you? Do you trust that the other person isn't dating behind your back seeing as you are never there in person? When you do meet up, do you talk or is it just a physical thing? If you are apart for significant lengths of time, do you see a future or is it unlikely? You can get just as hurt if not moreso when an online relationship goes wrong because you never get to see each other in person - Andy and Noelle can visit each other but they are lucky - not everyone has the ability to do that...

Also to consider is what to do if this relationship really does go places - it's very romantic to think of upping sticks and jetting off into the sunset together, but the reality is far different. I was fortunate in that I had already quit my job and had no real ties to my hometown before Steve and I got engaged...it was taken as a given that since his job was in Staffordshire, I'd have to move to be with him. What about you two? Could you decide on a country/place to live if it came to it? Or would you struggle with leaving family behind, potentially?

Obviously, that's way down the line - but Steve and I moved very fast and we were fortunate that it worked out in such a short space of time; I'm just trying to cover possible eventualities because online dating isn't usually a really casual affair...

Like I say, you know your own mind and so does Dante 1.1 - if this is what you want then go for it :D

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
IloveVergil;27491 said:
I'll have to agree with KoRn in that case...it IS risky and very few people are as lucky as Steve,Sharon,Andy(Drakan), and Noelle.

I myself would never indulge in a cyber relationship.Friendship is all well and good,but a relationship? Nah...

Yeah, I can have good friends over the internet but you have to be weary of who you are interested in if you want to start a cyber relationship.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
why don't you both go on msn then start a video call? that way you can see and hear each other, get to know each other better.

Top Bottom