• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Video game mods

KRSkull

You know i have been watching a lot of top 10s and one of the videos that i watched was about video game mods. That video made me wonder.

Are Video game mods necessary?

When i say Mods i don't mean mods that fix bugs, makes the game work smoother or Total conversion mod. I am talking about mods that lets you for example use guns in Skyrim.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Necessary? Of course not. They are a plus that can greatly improve the fun you can get out of a game, or the general entertainment. They can also potentially extend a game's life forever. Look at Skyrim, for example.

It's great that some developers actively encourage modding, by releasing modding tools for their games, like Bethesda or CD Projekt RED. I'm waiting for Capcom's turn with DMC. Currently, modding DMC, for both modders and users, is a pain in the ass.

Viper

Premium
It's just people being creative. Older generations had their thing, these ones are fully submerged into making games an even better experience.
You can say something is not necessary, but in the end, unlike finished product, the perk of a mod is that it's entirely your choice to have it or not.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Mods are amazing and one of the main reasons I'm getting back into PC gaming. Some truly amazing ones out there and they can extend the shelf life of games by years. Oblivion & Skyrim are famous for their mods and some have stunned me. Yeah there are a lot of pointless ones out there but some are truly insane.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Mods are awesome. Mods can add hilarious and amazing things to your gaming experience you just can't get on consoles. Look at Left 4 Dead 2 for instance. Mods have kept that game going for years because people created tons of creative and wacky campaigns. Not to mention all the silly stuff like the smoker's sounds being replaced with Abraham Lincoln yelling at me from that WKUK skit.

Top Bottom