• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's purpose in the special edit?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Ever wonder how Vergil's purpose in the DMC4 story will be?

What if there was a spirit of Vergil appearing to Dante telling him to find his sword.

That's all I can think of right now.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
His purpose is fan-service. What else?

As for what he might be doing in DMC4, that depends on the depth they're adding. He might be a costume; he doesn't have to have a purpose in the story.

I like the idea of Vergil possessing Dante: when Dante disappears in the story (when we're playing as Nero and Dante's location is big fat question mark), he's fighting Vergil trying to take control of him on a spiritual level. The likelihood of this though is zilch.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Nero's backstory is littered with hints that he's actually the lost son of vergil, and a former employee has even tweeted that this was supposed to be explored explicitly in the game, but was cut due to time reasons (along with dante's entire portion of the game, 3 bosses, and a complete story section that took dante through hell)

But that was off the record, and while the guy did work there, there was no way to verify if anything he said was true, since capcom made no comment on anything. Suddenly vergil is making an appearance in a special edition version of the game. I don't see this as a coincidence.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
giphy.gif

Who knows?

Top Bottom