• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Downfall Playable...

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I guess some people who preordered for PS3 and 360 can play VD now.. You can see the first few missions now even on youtube. I find it a little upsetting people can play it now when it was said all would be able to play before the end of February and then we find out we have to wait until March 5,6. I mean I preordered too from steam but all I got was costumes that I didn't even know I would get..I'm pleased I got such things for preordering. However I preordered to just preorder like any other game and if someone else can do the same thing and get something much more than this just for buying from a certain store or something I don't get it. Especially since I was forced to buy from Steam. PC users could buy from a number of sites but it all ended up making us buy from steam so it was forced, so in the long run we never had a chance. Not ranting, I'll live and watch the VD gameplay but I'm just awed though not surprised.

MasterBlasterAA

I guess some people who preordered for PS3 and 360 can play VD now.. You can see the first few missions now even on youtube. I find it a little upsetting people can play it now when it was said all would be able to play before the end of February and then we find out we have to wait until March 5,6. I mean I preordered too from steam but all I got was costumes that I didn't even know I would get..I'm pleased I got such things for preordering. However I preordered to just preorder like any other game and if someone else can do the same thing and get something much more than this just for buying from a certain store or something I don't get it. Especially since I was forced to buy from Steam. PC users could buy from a number of sites but it all ended up making us buy from steam so it was forced, so in the long run we never had a chance. Not ranting just awed.

yeah this really bums me out (im playing this on the 360 but similar principle since i didnt preorder from the right place). and seeing these threads with gameplay and spoilers for VD just makes things worse. it really doesn't make any sense for them to delay it 2 weeks for others when its already done...

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I think if i preordered it from gamestop which i did then i deserve to have it right away, anyways i havent gotten my code and if i dont ill be ****ed

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think if i preordered it from gamestop which i did then i deserve to have it right away, anyways i havent gotten my code and if i dont ill be ****ed
I was just chating to Dante Redgrave on PM. Apparently the Gamestop code is 11 digits and doesn't work. Unless that was just his with 11?:/

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I was just chating to Dante Redgrave on PM. Apparently the Gamestop code is 11 digits and doesn't work. Unless that was just his with 11?:/
Well i entered mine as soon as i got it, did it twice to make sure, and if everyone else is getting it i want mine now

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well i entered mine as soon as i got it, did it twice to make sure, and if everyone else is getting it i want mine now
Still not sure why I was allowed to download mine. Maybe it's a regional thing? But it's on the Playstation store, you just have to enter the code and it goes straight to download. Maybe more regions will be allowed to download tomorrow?

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Still not sure why I was allowed to download mine. Maybe it's a regional thing? But it's on the Playstation store, you just have to enter the code and it goes straight to download. Maybe more regions will be allowed to download tomorrow?
Ill enter it in the ps store and see, but i dont want to...i have bloody palace open on round 60

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Did you enter the code on the receipt or what?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Did you enter the code on the receipt or what?
My code wasn't on a receipt. I ordered online from ShopTo, so they sent it to me using email at the same time I got the weapon codes. They also sent me the game 5 days early.
So I entered the code on the store and it took me to the download page.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I really hope everyone who can play VD will be able to and have fun. I just feel a bit sideswiped by the makers on this. There are a few things to consider too I guess such as the PC version may take a little while longer to come out but they announced the PC version will be out a day before the other versions(non preorder). Also if the game is out let everybody who uses ps3 and or 360 buy it jeez, the pc users had no chance anyways so hah whatever. It's one of those "Shut up and take my money now!" type of things ^^

Blacknerd

Is the redeem code site timed? because I managed to snag a pre order code for the dlc but everytime I goto the site it just ask for my email and I cant get or use my code that gamestop gave me

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Capcom's site even specifies it as an 11 digit code, so it looks like so far it's UK pre-orders only that are getting it now...which irks me...No offense to our EU and UKers here...but once again, US gets the shaft.

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
Capcom's site even specifies it as an 11 digit code, so it looks like so far it's UK pre-orders only that are getting it now...which irks me...No offense to our EU and UKers here...but once again, US gets the shaft.
That's messed up its because ninja theory is a UK company that's why they giving it to there nation freakin bastards what a slap in the face

EllDawn

I kind of have mixed feelings about that. With most of the titles I've seen, they always seem to get them last. I guess it's about time they get something before everyone else.

On the other hand seeing so many people talk about playing it when we can't is annoying and makes me even more impatient.

Blazer-X

Certainly wouldn't mind if they give the DLC code early to people who preordered from Gamestop. The DLC is obviously done, so it wouldn't hurt to reward fan-loyalty for those who preordered the game to play as Vergil.

That said, I'm slightly worried that we won't get the code when the DLC is released to public, which leaves me at limbo state where I REALLY want to play the DLC but I don't want to pay any extra money for it.

JustWaffles

Steam: $49.99
Xbox/Ps3: $59.99

I know your talking about pre-orders and what not but DmC on Steam is 10 dollars less than consoles so logically PC users get VD for free...sorta...not really...shaddaup xD

Top Bottom