• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's "characteristics" explained through a future game

Do you want a vergil origins game?

• Total voters

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
A dmc3 vergil attitude and personality dmc4 combat engine great story line that explains his motives thoughts and actions great fights well thought out enemies and mini bosses with mundus waiting at the end of it all and lots of cutscenes and memorable quotes:)

And make Mundus a challenge. He's been portrayed as such a wuss and so easily defeated in the games that it makes me wonder whether people and demons are just blowing smoke up Sparda's ass.
Hire a excellent writer that knows of dmc.

Oh hey there, Capcom/NT lurker. ^See that? Call me ;)

berto

I Saw the Devil
.............source???

There isn't one, this is not true. Capcom chose NT because when planing the new DMC they wanted to up the story and they asked Capcom US what a good studio would be for that and they said 'NT is famous for that.' The way that sounds it makes it seem like NT heard that Capcom was canceling DMC5 and they said 'no, wait, let us do it and we'll make it right.'

NT entered the equation after DMC '5' began the planning phase so without NT it would've gone to other western developer with fame for story telling, which there are more than one.

IncarnatedDemon

There isn't one, this is not true. Capcom chose NT because when planing the new DMC they wanted to up the story and they asked Capcom US what a good studio would be for that and they said 'NT is famous for that.' The way that sounds it makes it seem like NT heard that Capcom was canceling DMC5 and they said 'no, wait, let us do it and we'll make it right.'

NT entered the equation after DMC '5' began the planning phase so without NT it would've gone to other western developer with fame for story telling, which there are more than one.
i am pretty sure that capcom expressed that without nt they might not have done a dmc5.

its hard to find that source. ill keep looking...

IncarnatedDemon

jackpot. found the source
“I’m not sure what we would have done if Ninja Theory wasn’t available. We didn’t have a backup plan, to be honest with you. We might not have done the title at all!” laughs Eshiro.
S

“Capcom said something which they’ve said to us often, which is: ‘If it was going to be the same as the old DMC, why would we give this project to you guys? The reason is to surprise us, to come up with a reinvention. To create something we couldn’t have conceived in Japan.’”
S

berto

I Saw the Devil
jackpot. found the source
“I’m not sure what we would have done if Ninja Theory wasn’t available. We didn’t have a backup plan, to be honest with you. We might not have done the title at all!” laughs Eshiro.
S

“Capcom said something which they’ve said to us often, which is: ‘If it was going to be the same as the old DMC, why would we give this project to you guys? The reason is to surprise us, to come up with a reinvention. To create something we couldn’t have conceived in Japan.’”
S

That's a terrible disappointment. To think that they would've given up if NT wasn't there. There are plenty of qualified studios all over the world to write a story and create a world based on another one. It's like Capcom can't even think up of a way to continue the story.

Top Bottom