• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's "characteristics" explained through a future game

Do you want a vergil origins game?

• Total voters

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I would love a vergil based game i for one think it would do well in sales and if made correctly the game play and storyline would do wondes for dmc's reputation i mean everyone knows he gets enslaved in the end but look at star wars unleashed the evil ending has you become the emperors slave but everyone still enjoyed the game. also im noticing this a lot and although im new and i dont have a lot of authority on here i just wanna say this is a gaming forum..where people can express their opinions on various games inlcuding dmc that does not give you the right to be rude or impolite or disrespect people on here just because you dont agree with what their saying agree to disagree be an adult and keep to topic and discussion

MKH Spartan

I would like a DMC game with 2 separate campaigns/storylines, one for Vergil and one for Dante (potentially some for other characters like Nero but that might be getting carried away, however if they are willing to put some proper production time in it could be done). Hell, I'd just be happy for a DMC5 anyway, but I would quite like Vergil to be playable, or at least play some role in it. Even if they don't want to write him in for story reasons, they could just have him as a bonus character, like Trish in DMC2.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I would like a DMC game with 2 separate campaigns/storylines, one for Vergil and one for Dante (potentially some for other characters like Nero but that might be getting carried away, however if they are willing to put some proper production time in it could be done). Hell, I'd just be happy for a DMC5 anyway, but I would quite like Vergil to be playable, or at least play some role in it. Even if they don't want to write him in for story reasons, they could just have him as a bonus character, like Trish in DMC2.

Vergil is missed bring him back!

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Agreeing with this. I really want a Vergil game to flesh out his character a bit more and give some clear motives for his actions, but only if they can stick to the DMC3 Vergil's personality. I don't want him to suddenly become a self pitying whiner.

Agreed!

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
A dmc3 vergil attitude and personality dmc4 combat engine great story line that explains his motives thoughts and actions great fights well thought out enemies and mini bosses with mundus waiting at the end of it all and lots of cutscenes and memorable quotes:)

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
Who ever the heck voted "no he dosn't deserve it" can deal with slash to the neck. And yes I think a Vergil game would be fantastic! If they make a Vergil game I will be in a straite jacket by the end of this. Although... The reason why some people like Vergil is Beause of his mysterious behavior. Not knowing much about him makes him likable.

If I had a suggestion... I'd like a game that happens right after Vergil falls down the c-c-cliff. He didn't fall exactly at the place where he faught Mundus because that's not how you end up in that place anyways, you go through portals. So perhaps he landed at the bottom and maby found the ghost of his father, Sparda. And he was guided by the spirit. During this whole thing perhaps Vergil confronts ghost of his past with haunting memories like the night his mother died. At last he finds the ghost of his mother near the end. And at the end of the underworld he has to fight Mundus. Perhaps he's successful but before he leaves the underworld Mundus comes back and captures Vergil and takes his soul... And a fun note to me/Yamato. The last thing that is shown is Yamato hitting the ground and shattering. It would be an epic and amazing game. In my head I think it is.

What do you think?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Who ever the heck voted "no he dosn't deserve it" can deal with slash to the neck. And yes I think a Vergil game would be fantastic! If they make a Vergil game I will be in a straite jacket by the end of this. Although... The reason why some people like Vergil is Beause of his mysterious behavior. Not knowing much about him makes him likable.

If I had a suggestion... I'd like a game that happens right after Vergil falls down the c-c-cliff. He didn't fall exactly at the place where he faught Mundus because that's not how you end up in that place anyways, you go through portals. So perhaps he landed at the bottom and maby found the ghost of his father, Sparda. And he was guided by the spirit. During this whole thing perhaps Vergil confronts ghost of his past with haunting memories like the night his mother died. At last he finds the ghost of his mother near the end. And at the end of the underworld he has to fight Mundus. Perhaps he's successful but before he leaves the underworld Mundus comes back and captures Vergil and takes his soul... And a fun note to me/Yamato. The last thing that is shown is Yamato hitting the ground and shattering. It would be an epic and amazing game. In my head I think it is.

What do you think?

That sounds like a good game

IncarnatedDemon

A vergil game will be awesome if capcom cares.

Remember this is the same company that put a different team on the sequel for dmc1.
Who rushed dmc4

Oh and i heard dmc2 also was rushed.

They are half assing things.

Put PG on gameplay
Hire a excellent writer that knows of dmc.

Go.

Guranteed to sell at least 2M if the story is good. I know the gameplay will be good.

PG...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
A vergil game will be awesome if capcom cares.

Remember this is the same company that put a different team on the sequel for dmc1.
Who rushed dmc4

Oh and i heard dmc2 also was rushed.

They are half assing things.

Put PG on gameplay
Hire a excellent writer that knows of dmc.

Go.

Guranteed to sell at least 2M if the story is good. I know the gameplay will be good.

PG...

Whats stopping them from rushing a game regardless who is running it. I mean MGR was rushed for rather reasonable reasons. That game was outsourced.....to PG.

Its a rumor DMC2 was rushed there is no clear facts. I guess to justify how Itsuno can make a bad game (questionable) since DMC2 is Itsuno's only skirmish on his record.

IncarnatedDemon

Whats stopping them from rushing a game regardless who is running it. I mean MGR was rushed for rather reasonable reasons. That game was outsourced.....to PG.

Its a rumor DMC2 was rushed there is no clear facts. I guess to justify how Itsuno can make a bad game (questionable) since DMC2 is Itsuno's only skirmish on his record.
MGR was rushed with reason.

Kojima's team "stopped", and that's what demanded PG to rush their development.

PG was asked to develop quickly, they didnt say "We will rush it".

Look at Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, and what PG has said about Bayo 2.
Or better yet read what one of PG spokesman said about MGR.
"Next time we hope Kojima gives us time so we can show what wer good at".

My point with capcom is that they seem to have lost the passion. They said about dmc reboot situtation "If Nt wasnt around we might not have made a dmc game".
And when you dont have passion...or fire to make a game, then how will you make a good game?
Plus corporate **** from capcom...

I dont feel that PG rushes their games and if they do it, its because of the employer. But i could be wrong :p

And MGR was rushed because they met a obstacle. Kojima did not have the idea to rush the project from the start.

Top Bottom