• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's "characteristics" explained through a future game

Do you want a vergil origins game?

• Total voters

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
So, there are a lot of threads trying to come to a conclusion as to what kind of a guy vergil really is. Is he just an evil demon or does he have reasons for the way he acts? However, no matter how much we theorize we wont know the real truth without the intervention of capcom. So, would you want a game specifically about vergil's origins or do you think vergil isn't important enough to deserve it?

I myself would want a game where we see vergil making a return after DMC1. The game can be set in the present showing what happened to vergil after DMC1 and have flashback sequences depicting his past.

berto

I Saw the Devil
A Vergil exclusive game would not be a financial safe bet. The budget would have to be small and they should expect a small return on their investment. It'd ether be a small downloadable title off the stores or a handheld title.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yes, he has reasons to act the way he does, and yes, he is evil.
He does not need an origins story, as we pretty much know why he acts the way he does and does the things he does.
Besides, he died in DMC1, and he does not have the potential to be the main protagonist. Unless you reboot the series again and make it even worse.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the logical way to make a game to describe Vergil's origins would be a prequel that takes place before and during DMC3. ( and slightly afterwords up to when Vergil loses to Mundus.)

a second option that isn't as good but is still viable if you use the almost canon but completely illogical "Nero is Vergil's son theory" would be to make a story about Nero where he figures out both his and his fathers origins.

i strongly support the first option.

Vergil is dead and was Mundus's b!tch in DMC 1 which we destroyed. What do you think happened Vergil?Also Vergil is just a power hungry douchebag. Simple as that.

VERGIL IS T3H GREATEST. HE IZ THE DEEPEST VILLAIN/ANTI-HERO EVAR. HATURZ JUS WANNA RAG ON HIM CUZ HE IS T3H AWESOMEST LOL.

oh_god_shut_up.gif

Another example of how some DmC fans are way too intellectual for this forum and its members.

I'm sorry guys,but as long as you're going to do such posts nobody will ever take you seriously.
(But at least I've tried to be polite)

I just want to meet the girl that ...

Rose his tower

Triggered his devil

Slayed his demon

Edged his Force

Sheathed his katana

Hit his Jackpot (I could do this all day)

I like your humour and creativity.

But back on topic.

I would like one to be quite frankly.
I know he's dead but it doesn't have to be a game which follows the time line. That last option raised my curiosity though.
Anyway, since I love his gameplay I wouldn't mind playing as him again in this video game generation.
Besides,he is quite the mysterious character in DMC and personally I'd like to see what's going in his mind and some development.
But I'd like this as a reboot in which he doesn't die of course. Or maybe something like his return out of nowhere,since he seemed to vanish in DMC1,it didn't seem like a death to me to be fair.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Another example of how some DmC fans are way too intellectual for this forum and its members.

I'm sorry guys,but as long as you're going to do such posts nobody will ever take you seriously.
(But at least I've tried to be polite)

Unknown was obviously just joking so you should just take that with a grain of salt. Taking it seriously is kinda silly dude.

And was what I said wrong? DMC characters are about as complex as coloring books.

Unknown was obviously just joking so you should just take that with a grain of salt. Taking it seriously is kinda silly dude.

And was what I said wrong? DMC characters are about as complex as coloring books.

It's not that.
It's just that if someone makes an negative remark, or says something bad about DmC guess what.
He's a 'silly fanboy' 'butthurt' 'stupid' and they're told to shut up,but if anyone insults DMC in the most ridiculous and without any credibility,nobody is here to complain because they will be probably reported.

Everyone gets the idea but this doesn't mean you can't express something like this in a more mature way,I don't think you'd take offense so easy so not everyone should take yours.

More than this, it doesn't bring any good to this forum.

I say bad things about DMC and DmC. I see the merits and flaws in both and I will also make fun of them both. I'm a massive MGS fan as well and I can talk sh!t about that series all day making fun of it and pointing out its flaws even though it's pretty much my favorite franchise.

I see,well I make fun of things I love too,though sometimes people say I hate on a certain thing even if I'm not..

Though with so much hating going through these two,I can't tell the difference between trolling/joking and serious stuff anymore. I'm sorry then. Though,let's not make the negative take over the positive because it would be a pity.

(Some sarcasm and humour there and there I guess)

EnJ

Shade
I actually didn't remember one thing for sure. Did he been enslaved right after fight with Mundus? If he is not, then spin off can take a place in underworld from the moment when Vergil fall there and to the moment when he was enslaved and become a Nelo Angelo.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Perfect analogy.

On the outside they seem rather blank but due to the tools (crayons) the writers give you in hints and hidden meanings behind various interactions and certain dialogue you can interpret (color) the characters and their intentions (pages) however you want leading to some rather clever discussions behind the series (as you compare and evaluate each others colored canvases) or you can just stare at the book and not even look at the crayons.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I find it incredibly ironic that somebody calls DMC characters as complex as coloring books, when most people nowadays want everything spelled out for them (and also get everything spelled out for them). Dante is a rebel? He doesn't care? Well, he would need to shout that out loud, apparently. "F u c k you! What makes you think I give a s h i t" etc etc. Why do people not seem to understand body language in games? Why can't anybody read between the lines anymore? Is everyone that stupid nowadays?

Top Bottom