• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

vergil vs sephiroth

Status
Not open for further replies.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Dante Aseroth;103107 said:
This threads are kind of...well, repetitive.

I agree. We need more than just Sephiroth. I don't care if he's a popular character or so strong. Vergil would probably bend him over his knees and give him a good butt whoopen. What about a DMC character fighting against a nintendo character? Someone from Tekken or Soul Caliber? Even against Solid Snake? We all know who'd probably win, but it's still fun for debate. :] I hope to see another thread in the future having a beloved DMC charatcer fighting someone else.

Curse

Cursed Girl
Sephy would be all like "JENOVA!!!" and bye bye vergil >_> btw who said that sephiroth was slow? sephy aint totaly human either you know?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Neither could win, they are both so skilled and powerful, their battle would endure ad infinitum.
Call it a cop out answer, I don't care, I'm not going to denigrate either one of them.:p:D

koibito

sephiroth can come back from anything vergil is about as immortal as dante in the fact that they dont need their organs (proved by the fact that dante has obviously been stabbed with many large objects piercing his heart and most likely lungs) so stab wounds and cuts and the like would not be effective against vergil however he is only semi immortal because he can still grow tired it would be a good long battle and vergil might even kill sephiroth once grow tired then sephiroth comes back and defeats vergil

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
That still means that Vergil can't be killed so you contradict yourself.

You said that Dante and Vergil don't need their organs so they are not susceptible to death by fighting, using your own logic.

Vergil gets tired, so what? Sephiroth's chances of victory are looking bleak if he can't score a killing blow.

Needless to say, Vergil's chances are also low considering Sephiroth always comes back.

Thus the only possible outcome is a draw.

koibito

ah but if sephiroth cuts off vergil's head the rest of the body does not work given his head might be alive but then sephiroth could crush his head if needed he could obliterate vergil to trillions of pieces w/ meteor vergil is no more so sephiroth wins

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Vergil is quicker than the human eye with Yamato, there is no way Sephiroth could not deliver a blow forceful enough to take Vergil's head without Vergil seeing it a mile away!

Meteor, that is fearsome magic but so is Vergil's DT. Besides, meteor takes ages to prep whilst DT is spontaneous. On top of this, what if Vergil uses spirit swords to keep Sephiroth pinned to the wall permenantly? Sephiroph would not be able to act. He would come back again and again but no victor could emerge!

koibito

you raise a good point the battle would be a draw for a while but vergil still has the disadvantage of getting tired if he went to long his body would give out sometime then sephiroth would get him while he was down

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Vergil's spirit swords are effortless. He can manipulate them fully, so he can probably make four dozen of them do all the leg work for him. I mean we've seen how he uses them in boss battles.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
How the hell would he fall unconscious? I just said that they were effortless, Vergil could be summoning them forever and a day without wincing.

koibito

im not talking about the swords im talking about getting cut up enough to where he wears out he got worn out against dante he could get so worn out to where he passes out and vergil's style, he wouldnt just use the summoned swords plus the swords arent un-dodgeable at a certain point vergil would get knocked out or wear down to where its more difficult to dodge

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Obviously they're not undodgable but vergil can summon them WHILST wielding Yamato against Sephiroph, meaning that, in tight melee conditions, Sephiroth is likely going to get hit one way or the other, after he has been killed, just for a brief period of time, Vergil can disarm him, leaving him powerless. Of course Vergil wouldn't be able to kill him permenantly.
Sephiroth would not be able to fight Vergil without a sword.

koibito

sephiroth would get hit a few times obviously but he is really really good with a sword as demonstrated in crisis core plus if sephiroth died he'd just fade away vergil couldnt disarm him

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I never questioned that he is good with the sword. But taking into account that Vergil is faster than blinking with Yamato and his spirit sword powers, not to mention his displacement techniques would provide him with a big advantage, the only drawback being that Sephiroth can't die. In which case you would have thought that Sephiroth would have had enough of being slaughtered by the time it got to 100 consecutive disembowelments.

koibito

drat that is true you win this time! *shakes fist dramatically* lol jk jk seriously though your good at this lol

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Lol thanks:lol:

I just thought that that was quite a logical conclusion that serves my side of the argument well.

I mean, wouldn't you have given up by then?:lol:

Anyway it was a good discussion.:cool:

Curse

Cursed Girl
guys, you're making me snicker :lol:
and you know i think this could be a cool CG battle sephy against vergil... something i rly like to see ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom