• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil-Vader

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I was talking with LoD about this before. I think that the character of Vergil is heavily influenced by Darth Vader/ Anakin Skywalker. This in the whole, young man who is skilled with a sword, becomes obsessed with power, succumbs to evil and becomes encased in armour which becomes the embodiment of evil in turn. He fights a relative, loses to him and is not heard from again. On top of this Nelo's sword and spirit swords are all blue which is the colour of Anakin's lightsaber. Other similarities are that both of their armours are complete with bad-ass capes and both try to fight the power that's influencing their evil behaviour before the end.

Just a thought.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
i think you're right i mean i just checked out that dvd that came with DMC 4 Collectors edition to make sure and they did say they take examples from hollywood movies and rep+ 2 for getting that

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
When I first saw this thread, I was like "This is stupid!" but when I thought about it, it makes sense. The comparison never came to me before.

*rep 2 u for thread

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
How they both barely talk.
In the final showdown the remove ther Helmet to find a ****ed up face.

Sparda™

I guess, though, Mikami must have stumbled upon Darth Vader's character and background on Nelo Angelo's prescription and appearance.

Quite impressive.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
The Phantarch;118778 said:
^ Brilliant

Not to mention that both of their mothers die horribly.
They are both not really evil.
They are both defeated by family.
Theirs swords are on the same side and I think they use the same hand.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I already mentioned the second one of those but well done.

I also thought that they both were under the influence of the direct influence of the evil lord of their realms.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Darth Vader: Luke......I am your father!
Vergil: Nero...........I am your father!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom