• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil Survival Topic

Do you think Vergil died?

• No, he dissapeared so Dante could kill Mundus

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Capcom wouldn't get rid of a great charater like that!

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Although I didn't want him to, he died and theres no fighting it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's dead. Get over it. The games about Dante anyways.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxotic

Who thinks Vergil survived? I've seen a big debate over this on the internet and I'm wondering who thinks he survived, and who thinks he doesn't. I'm not 100% sure either way, so I wanna see your opinions. Some people think that he only dissapeared at the end of the last fight, and that he wanted Dante to finish off Mundus. Some other people say that he died.I want your opinion.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hard to say really, although I don't think he died personally. Vergil is just to valuable to the francise to be written out and has alot of potential storyline left. I'm still optimistic that we'll be hearing from Vergil again sooner or later... ;)

Lady

the missing piece
Dante said:
Well, lets hope your right. I like Vergil, but I'm not sure about wether he died or not. They have to much possibility with him. Also, This link has the concept art that has a person that resembles Vergil, except with his hair down.
http://gallery.devilmaycry.org/displayimage.php?pos=-388

the person with his hair down is a new character so there's no way it can be Vergil.
However, you can see a Nelo Andelo-esque figure in the background.

Noxotic

a lot of people want Vergil alive in some way. It appears that no one said that Vergil's dead, so everybodys hoping. ^_^ Lets hope hes back.

Lady

the missing piece
Dante said:
a lot of people want Vergil alive in some way. It appears that no one said that Vergil's dead, so everybodys hoping. ^_^ Lets hope hes back.

he probably will be. Since DMC3 he's been quite popular :3

also, that ominous figure in the artwork? if it's not him...... who could it be? It looks too much like Nelo if you ask me.

Rumor

Blah, it doesn't matter if they inteneded to kill him in the first one or not, Capcom isn't above messing with it's own cannon to bring back a character that the fans like. 'Sides, he gives Dante more depth and is really fun to beat on. :)

demonslayer

Rumor said:
Blah, it doesn't matter if they inteneded to kill him in the first one or not, Capcom isn't above messing with it's own cannon to bring back a character that the fans like. 'Sides, he gives Dante more depth and is really fun to beat on. :)

and to play as.

silverhart

Vergil id DEAD!! (spoiler - you kill him in DMC1 when he's Neo Angelo) Mundus says so too
''Vergil has failed''

Noxotic

silverhart said:
Vergil id DEAD!! (spoiler - you kill him in DMC1 when he's Neo Angelo) Mundus says so too
''Vergil has failed''
He said he was defeated not killed, lol. He could be though, he died under questionable circumstances

Vergil_Sparda

dattebayo!
I think Vergil is very much alive. Mundus only stated Vergil failed. At the end of their 3rd battle Vergil only freaked out and disappeared into the air. I don't think Capcom would just kill him off like that. Vergil also seems like he's going to be in the 4th game going by the concept art.

silverhart

It might be Sparda.
I reckon Trish won't return in DMC4. She wasn't at the shop at the end of DMC2, even though you can use her, she didn't have any story lines or apperances did she?

maverick7

Vergil has to come back in DMC4 b/c if u saw the scans, there is a background of Nelo Angelo's face. hopefully he comes back in a better form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom