• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

vergil: evil ? or misunderstood

evil ? or misunderstood?

• evil

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • misunderstood

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee-1991

Relapse = Win
Dante isn;t an nagel by any stretch of the imagination, however Vergil just can't use the excuse of being missundertood, how can raising a death tower out of the ground and unleashing a hoarde of demons on the world and attempting to kill your own brother just so that you can gain your fathers demonic to rule the world with be taken as missunderstood?

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Vergil isn't "pure evil". If he was, Dante would be dead. Yes, Vergil wants to be more like his father. Why? Because Sparda had the stength to protect the people he love. However people can do whatever it takes to protect the people they love. No matter how crazy it may be.

Zato-OW

King
Vergil isn't EVIL EVIL hes just evil. What Vergil was planning to do from what I read is bind both human and Demon worlds. Dante knew that Vergil wanted to be like Sparda and Vergil warned him in the Manga about what he was doing and he knew that Sparda's power would give him a good chance at ruling both worlds that's probably why he gave that "Might Controls Everything" speech to Dante. I guess that's why Vergil told Arkham that he did not wish to know what his true motives were for helping him obtain the Sparda Sword so there won't be a trust issue. But yeah Vergil was willing to let the people his father sworn to protect die all because he wanted to be "Sparda" and rule the Devil's World.

If you ask me hes evil. He knew that binding the amulets into the sword would leave the portal open forever and that means Demons could cross into the human world at any time they wanted.

RedRose

Kael
I believe he actualy has good intentions somewhat to be honest. I believe he was trying to make Dante stronger and train him in some way and to teach him not to let his emotions get in the way of his fights. According to the manga Dante had conflicted feelings about his demonic half and didn't like to use his demonic energy to his advantage, he wanted to get stronger on his own and cast aside his fathers blood. Vergil pushed him to use his energy and trigger on the top of Timin ne Gru in the 3rd game. but vergil did have his own intentions as well as teaching his brother. so i'm not saying he was all good, just a little twisted. that's my theory on it though.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
AzureNight13;178808 said:
^ *nods*

It really isn't Vergil's fault that he's so power hungry. He lost his mother, he felt that he was weak that he couldn't save her. He doesn't want to feel like that ever again.

(( 700th post!!! XD ))

And so he joined forces with an evil emporor and becomes Darth Vader! "im a son of Sparda, I know im better than this" lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom