• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil broken as all hell.

Romy

Hey guys, haven't played in a really long time. DmC wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. Played it for several months and then quit it. After that I played DMC3 here and there since it's my favorite. When I heard about the DMC4 SE cpming out, I gotta say, I kinda fangirled over that like crazy. Now that it's come out, man, is Vergil op or what? JCing, tricking, making combos is hella easy here, not to mention destroying the enemies. I don't complain, don't worry, but they really made him a God in this game.

I was practicing earlier and caught this bit of the footage just to show what you can do without really trying.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
LOL wait till you play as Lady. Then you'll know what is OP.
You know, you keep saying that, but unlike Vergil, Lady has two massive weaknesses.
  1. No Devil Trigger means no health regen and a static moveset. Plus, it takes a hella lot longer for her to gather grenade nugget thingies since firearms fill the gauge much slower.
  2. If she stays back, she's a god. If an enemy closes in, her threat level plummets. Blitzes are a nightmare for Lady. LDK mode is also kind of a death sentence with her.
Vergil, on the other hand, has moves for every situation. Judgment Cut End deals about the same damage as her burst attack, so Lady just has the advantage of being able to deal massive damage from a distance. 'Cept, as I've said half a dozen times before, Vergil can infinitely spam Lunar Phase and blistering swords, so simply teleport close to an enemy, and voila. Same, if not greater, dps.

Vergil's only weakness are armored enemies, and they just require a bit more maneuvering and patience. And ****ing Blitzes.

Romy

Vergil's only weakness are armored enemies, and they just require a bit more maneuvering and patience. And ****ing Blitzes.

This can't be more true. Angelos and Blitzes might be the most annoying enemies for Vergil. The way to deal with Angelos best in my pov is to RS through them and then teleport behind their back, launch them in the air and voila. Also, if you want to keep them more in the air defensless, using blistering swords helps a lot. As for Blitzes, just use the swords in any way you can until his electricity runs out, yeah.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Her crazy insane damage output makes up for all that.

And even when enemies are close, I just jc shotgun or use Ground Zero and they're screwed. Every time.

Vergil's moves are not as powerful as Lady's. Even JCE.

Romy

Her crazy insane damage output makes up for all that.

And even when enemies are close, I just jc shotgun or use Ground Zero and they're screwed. Every time.

Vergil's moves are not as powerful as Lady's. Even JCE.

Are they more powerful than Vergil's attacks combined with consistent Blistering Swords?

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Lol, I did test it. Air Trick cancel + Aerial Lunar Phase + Blistering Swords. Absoludicrous damage output, and you'll always get enough DT from the lunar phase to keep using blistering swords.

Romy

Lol, I did test it. Air Trick cancel + Aerial Lunar Phase + Blistering Swords. Absoludicrous damage output, and you'll always get enough DT from the lunar phase to keep using blistering swords.

Just as I thought. The AR and Roulette-like move are enough to fill your DT gauge in order for consistent Blistering swords, at least in my experience. That' exactly what's in the video I posted.

Anyway, yeah, he's so overpowered but it's still intoxicating as hell to play with him.

corrnata

Had a feeling that this edition was going to have balanced issues with vergil and lady (granted i expected her to be under powered) I hope for a patch or either a mod that some how balances this, because i do want to get it.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Vergil is definitely OP, I won't lie though there are very few things in gaming I've found more satisfying than doing a DT'd rapid slash for extended periods of time.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil isnas broken as dante's royal guard and distortion and dante is still the most insane from a combat potential , however both lady and trish are both op more so than vergil due to there wide area attacks

Top Bottom