• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil and Lady/Trish battle themes

scionicspectre

Like has been mentioned previously, there's little reason to assume these will be each character's respective battle theme. We heard yet another track (a remix of Vergil's boss theme) during the trailer, so it appears there will be more than just two additional tracks.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what else these tracks would be for unless they accompany promo videos like in DMC 3. Or, like others have mentioned, they could be primarily for the website. The original DMC 4 site had promotional music that never showed up in the game.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
To me that actually sounds like Menu music,
I've looked through the website data in hopes to find a name, but they are simply called background music or bgm, so no luck with that.
My bet on anything in terms of ingame battle music would be on Remixes for Vergils Theme, Ladys Boss theme and Trishs MvC3 theme, if we get new music at all. Capcom could simply use the original Tracks.

What was Vergils Battle Theme in DMC3? Did he not simply use the same as Dante?

pepodmc

I've looked through the website data in hopes to find a name, but they are simply called background music or bgm, so no luck with that.
My bet on anything in terms of ingame battle music would be on Remixes for Vergils Theme, Ladys Boss theme and Trishs MvC3 theme, if we get new music at all. Capcom could simply use the original Tracks.

Dante94513

I just got diabetes just from listening to these themes. OH. MY. GOD WAS DAT AWFUL. What might make it worse is that they'll be playing in almost every single battle.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!

Vergil used remixed versions of Dante's themes (Taste the Blood and Divine Hate).

Thinking about it, Lady/Trish's theme does sound like a menu music so they probably have something else planned for them. I can't imagine that they would think that listening to the same track for the whole game would be really enjoyable :p. Even The Time Has Come got kind of annoying after listening to it a lot. It would also be cool for them to remix Vergil's second boss fight theme. That theme was really amazing.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I'm pretty sure even Combichrist and Noisia wouldn't be comfortable with this. It's just noise, without feeling pumped.

Personally, I liked some themes a lot. Empty, Never Surrender and Falling Apart were pretty cool in my opinion. I could probably find a couple of other tracks which I enjoyed but I would agree that some of them just weren't on the same level as the others.

LeonRevil

S***head with a potty mouth.
The problem is... why the friggin dubstep instead of rock, or metal? It's so out of place.
Well, Devil May Cry was never, true rock/metal, the closest thing to it would be nu-metal. Although the series still have some heavy guitar work, it was much stronger in the earlier installments(DMC1, DMC2). They always mixed with some electronic/techno, but not so much so it can go perfectly with the action. I don't remember thinking ''oh, this soundtrack is more metal than this one'' before, but that changed for me in DMC3 and so forth.

And like someone else pointed out, it might just be for promoting the game. I remember watching the official DMC4 trailer back in 2006/2007 and the soundtrack in that video, although it was good, was never in the final product.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I like Trish/Lady's themse just fine. They fit that sort of jivey and action filled quota. I like it much more then the themes they had before which was, to me, generic.

It's Vergil's theme that I find dull and not very Vergil-esque.

Viper

Premium
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I like Trish/Lady's themse just fine. They fit that sort of jivey and action filled quota. I like it much more then the themes they had before which was, to me, generic.

They should have kept Trish/Lady theme for DmC2, where Dante's pimp side finally awakens. It would go real well with his purple fur coat, feather boa and glittery platform shoes. ;)

pepodmc

I disagree about Trish/lady, but if the PC version is modificable like vanilla DMC4 I will change it with a DMC3 music or something.

Top Bottom